Notifications
Clear all

Two Weeks No Bp - Am I In The Clear?

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 03/30/2014 1:30 pm

For 14 straight years, I never went longer than maybe 5 days without BP. In spite of all of that, I still regularly brokeout and was never really clear from BP. Over the past 2-3 months, I have overhauled my diet and cut out anything processed. So my diet went from a ton of fast food to only whole foods and making sure my glycemic load is always low (I follow a one ingredient rule when selecting foods. obvious exceptions are made if it is something like hot sauce that has a few different spice ingredients.) I also went from eating no veggies to at least 5 servings a day.

I had planned on staying on BP as a safety net, but for some reason I developed an allergy about a month ago. Extreme dryness, itching, and eczema-like patches. 3 weeks ago, I went from applying BP twice a day in large amounts to once a day in the morning. 2 weeks ago I stopped it all together after I started developing more rashes. In the past 2 weeks, I have continued my diet and worked on deep breathing exercises to relieve stress as quitting BP has scared the hell out of me. I also use a moisturizer morning and night with high amounts of B3.

For those who have quit BP and gone on to start breaking out again, when did these breakouts start? I haven't had a pimple in weeks which is the longest I have ever gone but I am still worried.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/31/2014 8:19 am

I can't answer your BP question, but congratulations on your diet & clear skin.