What Happends When ...

Notifications
Clear all

What Happends When You Stop Using The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@mairabarbie)

Posted : 03/30/2014 12:58 pm

So Ive been hearing a lot of great stuff about The Regimen and ive been wanting to try it out for a couple of months now. Now that I finally have the chance to I have a few unanswered questions. First, is this product like proactive, after you stop using it your pimples come back and sometimes worser than before and does it get rid of your acne scars?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:41 am

Proactiv is not familiar to my country to know how it works, but i can assure you that if you stop the regimen you return to acne. I use it for about three weeks and not as prescribed. I find ridiculous the details like waiting 15 minutes to dry, use 2 pumps and all these stuff. I just use the bp at night after cleansing. I decided to use the regimen after a nasty breakout so as to bring my face into control. It works, but not wonders. It does nothing for the scars. I use a bunch of other stuff to fade them. I am planning to use the bp for a couple of weeks more and then use it only once or twice a week so as to keep my acne under control. If you dont want to commit to a specific and time waisting procedure for a lifetime, i suggest you to follow what i do. Anyhow, my face is looking good now with some red spots and no active acne.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/31/2014 11:20 am

Like most other acne medications The Regimen is not a cure but a way to manage acne prone skin. It works very well but it only works while you use it. If you stop using it once your acne has cleared, your acne may return unless you have grown out of having acne prone skin in the meantime. Please also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#keepusing

MemberMember
(@ttomp13)

Posted : 03/31/2014 2:12 pm

Like most other acne medications The Regimen is not a cure but a way to manage acne prone skin. It works very well but it only works while you use it. If you stop using it once your acne has cleared, your acne may return unless you have grown out of having acne prone skin in the meantime. Please also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#keepusing

This is exactly 100% right. I did a little experiment where I stopped using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide acne treatments, (I switch between the Regimen, and others), and the within about a month, my acne was really starting to come back.

I did notice that it definitely wasn't as bad.

This could be because I'm a little older now, and eating a little better than I did when I was younger.

I absolutely love the Regimen, but I've heard that there are ways to treat your acne from within by getting rid of candida buildup. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to go ahead and try this, and I really don't want to stop using the Regimen. :P

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 04/02/2014 10:01 am

I've noticed a lot of people are calling the regimen a "time-waster" and I just wanted to chime in. I know that it does take more time than a one-step face wash, but it's not really an unacceptable amount of time to be spending on something as important as your skin, especially acne-prone skin. Gently washing, letting it properly dry, and using a treatment afterwards is not out of the realm of realism. These are all things we should be doing regardless, the regimen just shows us how to do it in the correct process. It's the farthest thing from a waste of time in my opinion. In fact, proactiv always took me longer than the regimen, always ran out faster and was more costly to replace.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/02/2014 12:39 pm

I agree. How can doing something to take care of yourself be called 'a waste of time'? If you don't place any value on taking care of your skin then don't do it. But don't criticize or belittle people who do.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/08/2014 11:27 am

I've noticed a lot of people are calling the regimen a "time-waster" and I just wanted to chime in. I know that it does take more time than a one-step face wash, but it's not really an unacceptable amount of time to be spending on something as important as your skin, especially acne-prone skin. Gently washing, letting it properly dry, and using a treatment afterwards is not out of the realm of realism. These are all things we should be doing regardless, the regimen just shows us how to do it in the correct process. It's the farthest thing from a waste of time in my opinion. In fact, proactiv always took me longer than the regimen, always ran out faster and was more costly to replace.

I agree. How can doing something to take care of yourself be called 'a waste of time'? If you don't place any value on taking care of your skin then don't do it. But don't criticize or belittle people who do.

Have you ever EVER heard any doctor to prescribe HOW to cleanse your face and HOW MUCH of your med to put on your affected area, and even more HOW LONG to wait untill you use your cream? I guess not, because there is no point in such details that only WASTE your time. And you are not doctors here on acne.org, or am i missing smth?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/08/2014 11:37 am

Yes I believe you are missing something. Those details that tell you how to use a product etc are often what can make the difference between something working or not. But if you know better then good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@finguy93)

Posted : 04/08/2014 1:11 pm

Have you ever EVER heard any doctor to prescribe HOW to cleanse your face and HOW MUCH of your med to put on your affected area, and even more HOW LONG to wait untill you use your cream? I guess not, because there is no point in such details that only WASTE your time. And you are not doctors here on acne.org, or am i missing smth?

I think that's actually one of the reasons why the regimen works so well for most people ("who have already tried everything"). It gives you very strict instructions to follow, so you strictly follow them. You don't just daily put the stuff on your face and hope it'll do magic. Instead you are 24h strict about it, giving you the best results you can get with the treatment (BP).

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 04/08/2014 2:16 pm

That's why people who have acne for 20 years go to doctors for 20 years and have acne the whole time. Because doctors DON'T tell you these things, and they're actually important for the process.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/08/2014 2:24 pm

5beauty,

Actually, yes I have had a dermatologist describe exactly how to wash, and how long to wait before applying the medication, and exactly how much medication to apply. For example, meds such as Retin-A and Tazorac work best when you wait for 20 minutes after washing before applying them. Also, doctors commonly suggest a pea sized blob or something similar to describe how much medication to apply. Sometimes it's the little details such as this that make the difference between something working well and something not working at all or minimally.