Notifications
Clear all

Cold Shower Vs. Hot Shower For Bacne?

MemberMember
(@aliceofwonderland)

Posted : 03/30/2014 7:34 am

So what's basically better? I have been taking those really fire hot showers for as long as I cn remember, maybe I should switch?

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 03/30/2014 11:12 am

I don't really think it makes a difference.

Prior to having back acne I use to have really hot showers, I guess I just have warm showers now?

I think warmer water is better for your skin.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/30/2014 1:32 pm

Hot water drys your skin as well as fire hot can irritate it further. So as you can see, hot water isn't good for skin. Try this: (it works for me)

- I begin with warm water and then I move to hotter water to irritate the least as possible. Then I reduce again to warm water and end up with cold water which closes your pores and makes your skin less oily

Good strategy, I think :)

MemberMember
(@aliceofwonderland)

Posted : 03/31/2014 4:46 am

Hot water drys your skin as well as fire hot can irritate it further. So as you can see, hot water isn't good for skin. Try this: (it works for me)

- I begin with warm water and then I move to hotter water to irritate the least as possible. Then I reduce again to warm water and end up with cold water which closes your pores and makes your skin less oily

Good strategy, I think :)

I'll try this out, Thanks!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 03/31/2014 6:38 am

Cold, for all acne.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/31/2014 6:53 am

Hot water seems to make acne more red and irritated. It dies down after being out of the shower, but I think over time it can have a cumulative bad effect if hot showers are taken regularly

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/31/2014 8:13 am

Good strategy, I think

I'll try this out, Thanks!

Go ahead! I hope it works with you too :D

If you want a scientific explanation I can give it to you but I believe it's not necessary. It's important to take a hot shower because it will open your pores and push out the "junk" inside it. I often end up showering with a cold blast on my face and back because cold water closes again the pores and prevents "junk" to get into it.

I hope you understand what I mean xD ahahah