Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Recommendations For A Hydrating/moisturizing Cleanser

MemberMember
(@imowlwaymo)

Posted : 03/29/2014 2:38 pm

I have always had dry skin, even before I started using acne products. I've been using the DKR cleanser for about 2 months now, and I feel like it's drying me out. I know that a cleanser's purpose is only meant to cleanse, but with the drying effects of the cleanser and the benzoyl peroxide combined, my skin is still left dry even after applying my moisturizer. I'm thinking that maybe if I can find a cleanser that won't leave my skin dry, it would at least reduce the amount of dryness I have. I also think that if I reduce the dryness, my breakouts would improve, since I'm starting to think that my acne is not a result of oil (my skin never gets oily on the surface, and oil-based and petrolatum-based products don't break me out), but is a result of an influx dead skin cells clogging my pores, mixed with any dirt or sebum produced under the surface of my skin.

I would prefer a milk/cream cleanser that didn't foam, since almost every foaming cleanser I've tried--even those meant for sensitive skin and promised not to overdry skin-- had left my skin very dry. I would also prefer a cleanser that is fragrance free and available at a drugstore.

MemberMember
(@doris1)

Posted : 04/01/2014 5:02 am

Try LIQUID FACIAL SOAP by Clinique. Use the mild or extra mild versions. It's a moisturizing and hypoallergenic face wash that does not contain detergents and does not contain fragrance ingredients.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:07 pm

Have you considered CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser? It's widely available in North America if I'm not mistaken.

MemberMember
(@james-howard)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:58 am

If it's not the problem of oils or such other thing, I think there is some problem with your blood.With the problem of blood skin problems occur.What's about this suggestion?

MemberMember
(@imowlwaymo)

Posted : 04/04/2014 12:31 am

If it's not the problem of oils or such other thing, I think there is some problem with your blood.With the problem of blood skin problems occur.What's about this suggestion?

Hmm...never really thought about that. I've heard about the location of your acne being an indication of what may be a problem (on the inside), so I'll look into that.