Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drewboy

Dermabrasion appt with Dr. Y Dec 14th!

Is anyone else going to have a consultation with Dr. Y. around this time? I'm nervous about the whole procedure! Just curious if anyone is going to tough out this procedure also, as Im not yet certain if I want to go ahead with it (or at least until Dr. Y calls me back and whispers sweet nothings into my ear, haha eusa_dance.gif ).

How have you dermabarasion clients been healing?

I have been thinking about going for a consultation around this time as well but have not made my mind up yet. I will decide within the next week if I can make it there in mid-December.

Hi,

I have a consultation on November 22nd (it may be changed to the 23rd) and a dermabrasion scheduled for Dec 13th.

I have spoke to Dr. Y on the phone, but I have not yet met him. I am assuming that I will have about 7 "punchs" on Nov 22nd, and then the dermabrasion.

Maybe if enough people go at the same time, we could get together and discuss our feelings with someone who understands.

ninja.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_dance.gif

Hi Lizlee, Your going to be there one day before me! Maybe we can gather a group and grab a bite to eat and motivate one another. I'm thinking of having the dermabrasion the same day as my consultation because I live a good 16hr drive away! Just think, theyll have too creepy people roaming the halls of the hotel with masks on. Hahaha, I can picture it now ninja.gif

Drewboy& lizlee, I'm so happy for you guys. It's great that you are taking control over your skin and doing something to make you feel better. I love to see movement on this board, people who are doing something. eusa_dance.gifeusa_clap.gif I hope it is a great success. I hope you can help eachother through the fears. Good luck and keep us posted. Drewboy, you are going to have to come up with pictures that actually show some scars so we can see your before and afters.

Luv,

Violet

Hi Violet and Drewboy,

Thanks for the support Violet. I agree, we all need to work together and get through this.

Drewboy, It is so cool that you will be there when I am, because honestly, I am kind of worried. Plus, I will also be making a long trip. I live in South Carolina, and I haven't decided how I will travel yet. I believe it will be about 10 hours to drive, and I haven't figured out if I will drive, bus it, plane it, or train it. I think I'd prefer to drive for several reasons, such as I can drive home without being starred at by others so much, I can drive myself directly to and from his office and my hotel without having to rely on public transportation and other people seeing my face, and I think I'd have more fun with the flexibility. I think I will rent a car though, because my car is pretty old! I hope we can hang out together, it would be fun. The idea of going to New Orleans is exciting to me. I just wish I looked good. Someday eusa_dance.gif

Good night biggrin.gif

I am having my consultation and punch float in about two weeks. It is on Thursday Nov 11, 2004. I will post after my consultation and punch float session. If thing goes well I will schedule my dermabrasion for late March or early April. I hate to miss my snowboarding season.

Hi Violet and Drewboy,

Thanks for the support Violet.  I agree, we all need to work together and get through this.

Drewboy,  It is so cool that you will be there when I am, because honestly, I am kind of worried.  Plus, I will also be making a long trip.  I live in South Carolina, and I haven't decided how I will travel yet.  I believe it will be about 10 hours to drive, and I haven't figured out if I will drive, bus it, plane it, or train it.  I think I'd prefer to drive for several reasons, such as I can drive home without being starred at by others so much, I can drive myself directly to and from his office and my hotel without having to rely on public transportation and other people seeing my face, and I think I'd have more fun with the flexibility.  I think I will rent a car though, because my car is pretty old!  I hope we can hang out together, it would be fun.  The idea of going to New Orleans is exciting to me.  I just wish I looked good.  Someday  eusa_dance.gif

Good night  biggrin.gif

steve,

Dr Y. advise his patients to have punch float 4-6 weeks before dermabrasion.

I am having my consultation and punch float in about two weeks. It is on Thursday Nov 11, 2004. I will schedule my dermabrasion for late March or early April.

Damn you people! The earliest I could get my consultation was Dec. 9 and I was hoping to get my dermabrasion done during winter break but the nurse who booked me told me the earliest available time would be late January sad.gif Well atleast I live here in New Orleans ...

Guest *Clara

Trust me, Dr. Y is the best. I've been having appointments for a long time and my skin has never, in my life looked so good.

Trust me, Dr. Y is the best. I've been having appointments for a long time and my skin has never, in my life looked so good.

Damn you people!  The earliest I could get my consultation was Dec. 9 and I was hoping to get my dermabrasion done during winter break but the nurse who booked me told me the earliest available time would be late January sad.gif Well atleast I live here in New Orleans ...

You know you can have the dermabrasion performed the same day you have your consultation right? Thats what Im doing!

Thorn, may I just say you are one sexy bitch  eusa_whistle.gif .  Congrats on all your success with Dr. Yarborough...he's a really good man.  I did not realize he performed phenol peels.  I just had dermabrasion with him, still have to wait on the verdict if it was worth 4500 buckaroos or not.  I'm confident I'll be satisfied, since I do not have high expectations.

Hi! I'm new to writing on these message boards, although I've been on them learning through everyone's experiences. I would share my insights except everyone here seems to know so much smile.gif Thank you for sharing all of your personal stories. I feel comforted knowing that others out there are going through similar if not almost identical emotions and scenarious as myself.

After many rave reviews on Dr. Y on these boards, I'm looking into a consultation with him around January 14 or 15th. I'm mainly trying to work on diminishing some scarring on my right cheek and forehead. They are, from what I can gather, rolling scars, and a few ice picks. But then again, some days, the shape of these scars change a bit, looking better or worse depending on so many factors.

I wonder if anyone can advise me on whether Asian skin would work well with dermabrasion. I've been told and from my readings, found that Asian skin is prone to hyperpigmentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Dona

Shady,

I also have brown skin. I just had a full face dermabrasion

last Monday. Hyperpigment can be treated by bleaching the skin.

Hypopigment ( light skin color) is the problem.

Doctors cannot treat Hypopigmentaion.

Quite a few asians in this board had bermabrasion done.

is this true for south-east asian skin as well ie. BROWN SKIN lol

Shady,

I also have brown skin. I just had a full face dermabrasion

last Monday.  Hyperpigment can be treated by bleaching the skin.

Hypopigment ( light skin color) is the problem.

Doctors cannot treat Hypopigmentaion.

Quite a few asians in this board had bermabrasion  done.