Regimen Worsened My...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Worsened My Oily Skin, Help?

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:36 pm

I'm on week 6 now of the regimen and my face started get a lot more oily and shiny (I have oily skin but the regimen made it much worse). I used to wash my face twice with a cetaphil cleanser, but now I only wash it once a day with the cleanser and the second time with just water, but I still moisturize twice a day. Can someone please tell me why this is happening? I'm really self-conscious about this face shine and not to mention, it's probably gonna make my acne worse since the excess oil will block the pores.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/27/2014 10:10 pm

I have always had very oily skin too, and im finally trying to look for a solution. Not much except for some supplements like Zinc, Vitamin B5, Vitamin A, Vit. C. You can use these too or any other oil blotting paper. Or maybe some kind of oil fighting moisturizer or topical thing. Still looking for a solution, but like i said, not much help out there for oily skin. :L Subbing for answers here.

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/28/2014 7:43 pm

Yea, I'm thinking of quitting the regimen. After 6 weeks now, My acne is the same (I even get a new one every other day or so) and the only difference I've noticed in my face is a huge increase in the amount of oil/sebum, which not only looks like I have a dirty/greasy face all the time which makes me self-conscious, but it's probably going to worsen my acne since the excess oil being produced now will definitely block the pores which = more acne. Although, I recently heard that taking Vitamin D supplements reduces the oil and cures acne for some people... here we go again.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/28/2014 7:56 pm

Yea, I'm thinking of quitting the regimen. After 6 weeks now, My acne is the same (I even get a new one every other day or so) and the only difference I've noticed in my face is a huge increase in the amount of oil/sebum, which not only looks like I have a dirty/greasy face all the time which makes me self-conscious, but it's probably going to worsen my acne since the excess oil being produced now will definitely block the pores which = more acne. Although, I recently heard that taking Vitamin D supplements reduces the oil and cures acne for some people... here we go again.

Dont stop the regimen, seriously. I was the exact same way, but my oiliness is still bad, but the acne is totally gone now. Im on the end of week 7 now. Last week i was still not seeing that much of results, now this week, in the matter of just one week, i have like no more active acne. I used to get atleast one or two new ones a day, now, none. I still have two actives on my cheek that just seem to not want to go away so quickly, and are sore to the touch, but they are going down with BP. Seriously, just stay on it. Think about it, youve invested so much time, dont give up now. Please give it some more time, i promise you will see results. AS far as oil, from my long research now, it seems to be that Vit C, B5, and D helps with oily skin, so try that. Also make sure to take 50-100mg of Zinc Gluconate a day, you can get 100 capsules at target for a few bucks. Zinc Gluconate helps skin become softer, smoother, and fights acne, and some people say it helps reduce oil production.

Oh yeah, people say to use jojoba oil because it tricks the skin into thinking it is producing enough oil for the skin, so it lowers oil production naturally and thus, your skin will be less oily. I suggest using the jojoba oil at night only, because it might be embarrassing to have on in public as it;; probably make you look more oily. Im gonna try that too, suggest you do too.

Bottom line, DONT STOP THE REGIMEN JUST YET. Give it up to 3 months, thats how long most people take to see great and significant results, i know its long, but itll be worth it. Please, just dont stop the regimen!!

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/28/2014 8:14 pm

Thanks for the advice again, but moisturizers do the same job as jojoba oil (not for me apparently). I'm just afraid that if I don't stop the regimen, my acne will worsen in the next few weeks due to the increase in oil. But if I stop now, then all the stuff I'm putting on my face will stop drying my skin and therefore = less oil. I'm gonna try for a couple more weeks see if there's any change (unlikely lol). And I'm taking a multivitamin which should include most of the stuff you mentioned (and recently added vitamin D supplements to see if it works). You know what's worse than having acne? Treating it.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/28/2014 9:07 pm

Thanks for the advice again, but moisturizers do the same job as jojoba oil (not for me apparently). I'm just afraid that if I don't stop the regimen, my acne will worsen in the next few weeks due to the increase in oil. But if I stop now, then all the stuff I'm putting on my face will stop drying my skin and therefore = less oil. I'm gonna try for a couple more weeks see if there's any change (unlikely lol). And I'm taking a multivitamin which should include most of the stuff you mentioned (and recently added vitamin D supplements to see if it works). You know what's worse than having acne? Treating it.

Jojoba oil is actually different, because it is an oil, moisturizers dont have oil. On a molecular level, they are totally different, and it makes all the difference to your skin, it will know whats being put on it. It has to know that there is oil on the skin for it to slow production, thats what the jojoba oil does. The less refined the better, because it will preserve the molecular makeup which influences your bodies reaction, and we want a reaction of less oil production. Ive been researching, and ive found that oil is not what clogs pores, its just dirt, inpurities, and other gunk. Sebum can clog pores, but i read that its a different substance than the oil on our faces.

More so, bacteria is the leading cause of acne, this is what happens basically: bacteria gets in pores, it feeds on the oil and sebum in pores, bacteria releases waste which irritates pore, pore releases more oil, more oil for bacteria to feed on, more waste, more oil, so on and so on... this can go on for weeks, and we dont even know it, eventually the pore becomes so irritated that it inflames or swells and becomes a full on pimple... puss (white blood cells) then fill the clogged pore to try and kill the bacteria... then the pimples goes down and leaves or we pop them, then we may get acne scars/hyperpigmentation (PIH).

This unique bacteria is anaerobic, meaning it can only live in environments that has no oxygen at all. This is where BP comes in, it is benzoyl PEROXIDE- that last word means it has oxygen in its molecular makeup. The BP introduces oxygen to the face and into the pores, this oxygen kills the anaerobic bacteria, because, again, they cannot live in oxygenated environments. Now that the bacteria is dead, thanks to BP, we dont get acne very easily at all. Only way we can is if some bacteria live and cause it or our pores get clogged with dirt and impurities. Black and whitehead will form if they are filled up with dirt and gunk, this is where AHA comes in, in short, it "eats" away the gunk in the pores.

Phew, sorry for that huge wall of text. Now, do you see how this system, The Regimen, works? How it is so effective? It is science lol. So i hope you take this to heart and keep going with the regimen. I really feel the supplements and vitamins i listed before will help, so can jojoba oil, it has to be this oil, moisturizer is not the same. Oh an p.s., multi vitamins dont contain all of the supplements i listed, and only contain small amounts of whichever they do contain. So you have to take dedicated vitamins for each supplement. If we could make a multivitamin with like 100mg of zinc, 1000mg of vitamin c, etc. it would be massive, way too big to swallow, let alone fit in our mouths lol.

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/28/2014 9:46 pm

Thanks for replying, man, you've done your research lol. I also researched a lot about this (I get obsessed sometimes lol), I heard a lot of mixed opinions/reviews and it seems like different products work for different people, some of the info I read though contradict what you said (like when you said that sebum doesn't actually cause acne). I heard great things about Jojoba oil but do you know if they sell it in stores like Target, Walmart, or any other popular store that I can easily go to? Because I couldn't find it in Walmart and I don't like buying things online, also is it expensive? And about the mutivitamin, I can just take 2 daily. But I don't really see the connection between vitamins (aside from vitamin D) and acne, nor have I heard anyone say to take vitamins to reduce acne. I also eat somewhat healthy so vitamins shouldn't be a big problem.

Thanks again for helping, there's a few people like you out there lol.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/28/2014 11:09 pm

Thanks for replying, man, you've done your research lol. I also researched a lot about this (I get obsessed sometimes lol), I heard a lot of mixed opinions/reviews and it seems like different products work for different people, some of the info I read though contradict what you said (like when you said that sebum doesn't actually cause acne). I heard great things about Jojoba oil but do you know if they sell it in stores like Target, Walmart, or any other popular store that I can easily go to? Because I couldn't find it in Walmart and I don't like buying things online, also is it expensive? And about the mutivitamin, I can just take 2 daily. But I don't really see the connection between vitamins (aside from vitamin D) and acne, nor have I heard anyone say to take vitamins to reduce acne. I also eat somewhat healthy so vitamins shouldn't be a big problem.

Lol, yeah i get kinda obsessed with researching. Im sure you can get jojoba oil in supermarkets or health food places like Trader Joe's or especially Mothers Market, i think i saw it there once, im sure it will be there. Other large stores might have it. If you dont want to use your real credit or debit card online, makes sense, but you can buy a pre paid debit card in stores like walmart, target, cvs, 7-11, etc. Theres only like a $3 activation fee, i love them for online shopping lol. If you do get one, dont get GreenDot, its total sh*t based on my experience with it, i love the Visa Vanilla card (not trying to advertise, but it sounds like i am lol, sorry), only one single activation fee and no monthly fees ever, and you dont need to register it with all your info like your address and SS# like GreenDot and wait to get a "personalized" card in the mail after a week- end rant. Lol, anyways, i still strongly suggest taking those supplements, Atleast Zinc, it seriously makes a difference, once you try those vitamins, you wont go back, its really worth it if you try it for like half a month. I just want to be as helpful as possible because i know what its like to not get good or any help at all with problems and concerns, especially about acne and even more so about oily skin, theres such little help out there for oily skin control. Good Luck!

Holy f**k, we just had a pretty big earthquake in SoCal, if anyone cares lol

MemberMember
(@nas-esco)

Posted : 03/29/2014 10:40 am

Lol, yeah i get kinda obsessed with researching. Im sure you can get jojoba oil in supermarkets or health food places like Trader Joe's or especially Mothers Market, i think i saw it there once, im sure it will be there. Other large stores might have it. If you dont want to use your real credit or debit card online, makes sense, but you can buy a pre paid debit card in stores like walmart, target, cvs, 7-11, etc. Theres only like a $3 activation fee, i love them for online shopping lol. If you do get one, dont get GreenDot, its total sh*t based on my experience with it, i love the Visa Vanilla card (not trying to advertise, but it sounds like i am lol, sorry), only one single activation fee and no monthly fees ever, and you dont need to register it with all your info like your address and SS# like GreenDot and wait to get a "personalized" card in the mail after a week- end rant. Lol, anyways, i still strongly suggest taking those supplements, Atleast Zinc, it seriously makes a difference, once you try those vitamins, you wont go back, its really worth it if you try it for like half a month. I just want to be as helpful as possible because i know what its like to not get good or any help at all with problems and concerns, especially about acne and even more so about oily skin, theres such little help out there for oily skin control. Good Luck!

So where does this acne bacteria come from? Once the BP kills it all how does it re-emerge?

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/29/2014 3:12 pm

I think I'm gonna start washing my face twice a day with just water now (and not using cleanser at all), I'm still going to moisturize (if I need to). That should lessen the dryness and should therefore lessen the oil production. Even though that's not what the regimen says... but to hell with the regimen lol, all it did was make my skin oilier with little improvement in acne.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/29/2014 7:13 pm

I think I'm gonna start washing my face twice a day with just water now (and not using cleanser at all), I'm still going to moisturize (if I need to). That should lessen the dryness and should therefore lessen the oil production. Even though that's not what the regimen says... but to hell with the regimen lol, all it did was make my skin oilier with little improvement in acne.

... so far.