Amnesteem

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 03/27/2014 2:38 am

Hey guys, 22YO with moderate to severe acne. Been on minocycline, bactrim, retin-A, proactiv, all that good stuff - none worked. Started Amnesteem on March 8, 2014 didn't really feel like doing a log but I figured its best to track my progress. Today is March 27 so its been about 20 days. I'm just gonna catch up my first 3 weeks on this first post then try to follow up every week.

WEEK 1: Initial Breakout around my bottom cheeks and chin. Woke up with hella whiteheads. Skin starting to dry especially lips.

WEEK 2: Initial Breakout somewhat reduced, but still a couple cysts on the right side of my face. The cysts from the previous week appear to fade but better than actually having a bump lol. Skin getting hella dry - I use Equate (it was just conveniently at home) moisturizer for my face and Carmex for my lips.

WEEK 3: Had a bump grow on my left side, haven't been breaking out with that many whiteheads as before. Lips are constantly getting dry. Moisturizing 2x a day. Back and chest acne appear to be reducing, it feels smoother. I don't know if I'm thinking too much of this in the 1st month, but the places on my face I am not breaking out it appears smoother.

Till the 4/4 ! Keep your head up guys, it'll be worth it.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 04/05/2014 4:45 am

WEEK 4: Breaking out less, but I have left marks on the side of my face. Right side two cysts popped up by my mouth and my cheek. Skin is continuing to dry and lips are starting to crack. Still moisturizing. Skin appears to be smoother, but hoping to see results on the cysts by the next week. Actually almost done with my first month, in the morning I will have only 4 pills left for 30 days.

I guess its important to say my dosage is at 80mg per day (1 40 MG 2x a day). People say improvement usually happens around the 2-3 months so not rushing anything. Dermatologist said I am heading in the right direction with this treatment. I notice my skin is starting to peel more mainly face.

Till 4/11.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 04/13/2014 12:32 am

WEEK 5: Left side looks smoother except for 2 red marks on my cheek. Broke out with a cyst on my bottom chin and what appears to be a growing cyst by my lip. Right side has red marks and some cysts that are swelling down. No drastic improvement from WEEK 4. Breaking out a little still. Hoping to see some improvement the following week or two but not rushing anything. Lips have still been dry, moisturizing still necessary.

Till 4/18.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 04/19/2014 9:56 pm

WEEK 6: Broke out with about a couple of cysts around my left and ride cheek areas. Skin appears to be smoother, lips were really chapped this week but Carmex solved that problem. Red marks are beginning to fade slowly but still have acne present on face. I feel a cyst growing on my left cheek right now and my right side has red marks and a couple of cysts. I feel the best way to cope is just allow the medicine to do its magic and be patient about it- can't really force anything. Been playing a lot of basketball, don't really feel accutane affecting it so its chill. Overall, slightly worse in terms of marks from last week, but skin does appear to be smoother.

Till 4/25.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 04/26/2014 5:00 pm

WEEK 7: More marks visible on left side of face. Still breaking out with cysts. RIght side healing up pretty nicely but still has marks. Forehead has this cyst for 1-2 weeks; chin area broke out 3 days ago but healing quickly. Face appears to get less dry now but chapstick still necessary. I saw my derm this past week - he says he sees visible improvement but I still have a good ways to go. Hopefully in the 3rd month I will see gradual results. Playoff basketball has kept me content.

Today marks my 50th day - a small milestone.

Till next week.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 05/06/2014 2:39 am

WEEK 8: My forehead cleared then in a couple a days I got 2 small cysts above my eye and a bigger one as well. Cheeks still have acne but not breaking out as bad it just stays there and appears to improve slowly everyday. Broke out with cysts on the bottom of my neck. Face is redder, probably cause I been the sun. Just finished blood work and picked up my third month of amnesteem pills. This is supposed to be the month where change is noticeable so we will see.

Till next week.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 05/12/2014 9:14 pm

WEEK 9: Three days late on this update, been busy watching playoff ball. Broke out earlier this week on my left side with cysts, its going down now though. Honestly hope and think my skin is starting to look better. Hopefully the medicine is starting to kick in, but giving it another 2-3 weeks to see results. My marks are just there and appears to improve slowly everyday. Face gets red quick, been using chapstick on the daily, moisturizing as well. But I'm a 3rd of the course in, might as well finish. Maybe results will be more certain next week.

Till next time.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 05/24/2014 8:27 pm

WEEK 10 / WEEK 11: Right side of face clearing up pretty well, Left side of my face beginning to clear as well. Forehead still has some forming cysts and such, I rarely ever had acne on my forehead before Amnesteem but as of now it is the worst on my forehead. I think the Amnesteem is beginning to kick in - knock on wood - I will be hopeful in the next 2-3 weeks. During Week 10 I had bad cysts / marks on the left side of my face but it is clearing up... Some cysts by the bottom left part of my face. Right side had one big cyst but it is clearing up nicely. I think Week 11 my side effects started getting better - my lips were hella chapped and my skin was flaky between Week 9 and Week 10.

Till next week.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 06/08/2014 4:06 am

END OF MONTH 3

I waited to do this log on the end of Month 3 because I am confused on the Weeks. Anyway, after 90 days of Amnesteem, my skin is about right where it is when it started which is not bad at all - I have a couple of cysts on the left side of my face but it is improving everyday. I think it is more like marks than actual bumps or whatnot. My skin feels really smooth, my back is improving nicely. I have keloids on my chest but the derm said it will probably be taken care of with steroid injection after my amnesteem course. I started my 4th month Day 1 today ... 2 more months. Hopefully progress will come

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 06/13/2014 1:06 pm

Month 4 Day 7

Now that I'm done with skool and all that, I should ideally be updating my amnesteem log every 7 days (week). So I noticed my right side of my face hasn't been breaking out (knock on wood) or my skin overall in general. Left side still has some active bumps going away. Haven't got flakey skin except lips for a while now - I been moisturizing often. Now that's summer here I can just relax and do what I do and let the tane kick in. Overall, I would say improvement so far but lets see how much itll affect next week.

Till next week.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 06/20/2014 1:10 am

Month 4 Day 14

Forehead has two big cysts. Left side has about 3 medium-size bump/nodule. Right side is pretty much bump free except for marks. Been moisturizing more often, chapstick as well. Recently visited my derm and he said I was on the right track. Till next week.

MemberMember
(@bobbydigital714)

Posted : 06/27/2014 3:33 pm

Month 4 Day 21

Left and right side clearing up but still visible marks, not really concerned though. Forehead is looking better - I developed a big cyst on my back but my derm said we will take care of that after my accutane course. Happy with the results so far hopefully it gets better- till next week