No Progress Yet 🙁

Notifications
Clear all

No Progress Yet 🙁

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/26/2014 10:27 pm

Today makes three weeks since I started the regimen. Shouldn't my face look a lil better by now?

post-215583-0-01086000-1395890755.jpg

post-215583-0-08008800-1395890771.jpg

post-215583-0-01086000-1395890755.jpg

post-215583-0-08008800-1395890771.jpg

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/26/2014 10:51 pm

Not necessarily, and some people's skin gets worse the first month. My daughter did not see any improvement at all until into the second month.

Has there been any change (for better or worse)? Are you following the regimen exactly?

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/26/2014 10:57 pm

Yes I'm following it precisely. It has gotten a lil worse for me. I really hope and pray this works for me, I'm about at my wits end!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/27/2014 12:04 am

It's around the 3 - 4 week mark that people start to get frustrated and give up. It's usually at this stage that people's skin is really reacting badly to the BP too, with dryness, redness and burning.

Just keep on keeping on and you will get there in the end. The first month is more about helping your skin get accustomed to BP rather than getting rid of acne. The second month you should start to see some improvements and then it should continue to improve each week.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/27/2014 11:53 am

Thank you...I hope your right...it feels like it's too good to be true...for two years I've had this!

MemberMember
(@ttomp13)

Posted : 03/27/2014 3:02 pm

Hey Amber,

I just wanted to chime in. I know you said you're using the product correctly, and there are a ton of great resources here to be certain that you are! I want to really focus on nailing this problem right in the head, so we can start getting you some great results!

I do have some questions.

1. Are you drinking at least 12 glasses of water a day?

2. Are you moisturizing?

3. Are you only washing your face twice a day, or more?

4. How much benzoyl peroxide (lotion) are you using?

5. Are you experiencing any side effects?

6. Do you drink soda, caffeine, alcohol?

7. Do you swim, do any exercising, use a sauna, or anything else we should know?

I really want to tackle this problem for you, and for this to work, I just had to ask some general questions. Fact of the matter is, when I first started using Proactiv / Regimen, I made a ton of mistakes. I'm not saying that you are, but if there is that possibility, I really want to control it so we can focus on getting you the results that you deserve to get.

Get back to us, and we'll tackle this together. :)

Thank you...I hope your right...it feels like it's too good to be true...for two years I've had this!

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/27/2014 4:07 pm

Thank you so much, you're already making me feel more confident about getting rid of my acne :)

1. I probably don't even get half of that a day. I'm afraid of flushing out my electrolytes.

2. Yes, twice daily.

3. Twice daily.

4. 2.5 % twice daily.

5. Some, my skin has been a little flaky, itchiness, and redness.

6. I drink one cup of coffee a day.

7. I don't really get much exercise, other than house cleaning.

MemberMember
(@foxhound)

Posted : 03/27/2014 6:55 pm

I just started to see some good results (I'm on week 9 now I think), so just keep going!

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/27/2014 8:35 pm

Ok I will! How many weeks did your first order of the regimen last you?

MemberMember
(@ttomp13)

Posted : 03/31/2014 1:59 pm

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything that would cause you to not get the results you deserve.

Are you using about a finger's length of benzoyl peroxide? A thick pointer finger?

I know that you can definitely do this, and I know that you can definitely get there. Please do not give up on Dan's Treatment, as it's helped many people. My only big suggestion would be to...

Drink more water!

I know you're scared of flushing electrolytes, and I realize I'm not a doctor, but this is the #1 thing you must do to start getting results. Whether you do gatorade, powerade, or just get your water in, just be sure you're getting your water in. :P

• Finger length of benzoyl peroxide, pointer finger, thick.
  • Start drinking more water.
  • Moisturize to avoid dryness.

Those are my main concerns, as you really shouldn't be experiencing any side effects, aside from the minor dryness when you wake up in the morning. I want to give you some HOPE here. Remember, when I first started using benzoyl peroxide, I was a complete mess. It's all about sticking with it, staying consistent, and finding exactly what works for you --- If you have suffered from severe acne for a long time, it may take a little longer than you think to get rid of it.

And remember, 10X rule.

Think 10 times more, and do 10 times more than you think you should be doing to get rid of your acne. If that means combining Dan's Regimen with natural, internal routines such as getting an enema, and eliminating candida, do it!

Research, and applying what you research is going to be your best bet!

But please, stick to the Regimen, and continue to research treating your acne internally. In the meantime, only continue applying "The Regimen" products to your face. Nothing else, as applying too much of "whatever" to your face can definitely be a bad thing. Not saying you are, but just saying. :P

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:04 pm

Yes, I take a full length pointy finger of BP, it seems like the perfect amount. I started drinking my 12 cups of water today, I think that much should be just fine while drinking it through out the day. The only real bothersome thing with the BP is waking up in the middle of the night dying to scratch my face off, lol, but I'll adjust. I also change my pillow cover every night. My acne all started about two years ago when I started losing weight, not sure if the losing weight had anything to do with it. I'm not sure about the enema, lol. I am going to get some tea tree oil and some more braggs ACV to put in my water. I'd also like to try a probiotic, do you know which type would be best? I have also been taking fish oil tablets for about 7 months, but it hasn't seemed to help any with the acne. Trust me I am researched out, lol. Before I started the regimen, I applied tretenoin cream to my face for about a year without any improvement whatsoever. I quit it. I thank you so much for your support, it is helping me. I'm not gonna give up on the regimen, I'm having high hopes about it. I'm gonna order another batch tomorrow since my first batch is almost gone. I'm praying to God to heal my acne and others as well!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/31/2014 11:49 pm

Hang in there!

I don't think that you should be waking up in the night because your face is so itchy however - so make sure you are using enough moisturizer.

Also my daughter tried taking fish oil pills and they actually made her break out!

She has been following the regimen (and taking vitamin d3 and zinc pills) for 6 months now and is about 90% clear.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/01/2014 7:37 am

I agree with the above that you should drink plenty of water, and I would give up the fish oil. If you've tried something for several months and seen no improvement, then it could possibly be making it worse. Fish oil seems to get mixed reviews, some like it and some get breakouts from it. Also, I wouldn't purchase tea tree oil to use along with BP, it's very strong and shouldn't be used with BP. I agree that tretinoin creams are a waste, my sons used Retin A for many months and had very little improvement. And their acne is just mild to moderate. One thing I can recommend if your skin is dry and itchy is grapeseed oil. My sons started using it last month because every moisturizer seemed to irritate their skin (they use it as their moisturizer on the regimen) and its been amazing at calming their skin and reducing redness. Also helps fade hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/01/2014 6:11 pm

I use one pump of moisturizer as it seems to get it pretty saturated along with jojoba oil. I'm also taking vitamin d supplements. I started the fish oil pills to help my anxiety/depression, it hasn't seemed to help or worsen my acne. Your right about the tea tree oil, I did some reviews and I'm gonna hold off on it. Thanks ladies on your insight :)

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/02/2014 5:15 am

--

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:21 pm

Yes I drink milk. I actually stopped drinking milk for about a week once and gave up. I didn't really think it could be the cause of it, I've drank milk my whole life.

MemberMember
(@phebbles)

Posted : 04/04/2014 11:19 am

Hello All,

I am in the beginning of the third week and not seeing any improvement, only itchiness, dryness and very tender skin. My face is really bad and I am thinking of stopping. I am sad about my condition so I hardly go out. I only go to work because I have to . When I walk past people they turn to look at me again with pity. I cry every night before I sleep. Is there something I need to do a long side using the Regime? .I really need help.

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/06/2014 8:41 pm

I've been using the regimen for four and a half weeks now and mine is still pretty bad. Even though I feel hopeless my self, I say don't stop, stick with it, I'm going to. I hate going out too, because I feel so ugly and I cry too, it's awful. Just pray and about it and continue the regimen. Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/07/2014 5:39 am

Yes I drink milk. I actually stopped drinking milk for about a week once and gave up. I didn't really think it could be the cause of it, I've drank milk my whole life.

its really worth trying. use coconut milk or almond milk for a minimum of 3 weeks & your probably see good results.

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:00 pm

I started the no dairy today, I'm gonna give it a shot.

4 and a half weeks in the regimen use and I'm starting to see acne in spots I've never seen it, places like my nose, my eye lids and my under eyes. What could this mean? BTW I still haven't gotten any improvement :(

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:17 pm

Getting acne where you normally haven't had it before is yet another normal reaction for some people. It really sucks, and I'm sure its really discouraging, but you've just got to hang in there. Make sure you're following the regimen exactly, following each step to the letter and not adding in any extra steps or products.

It will start to work, and as soon as your skin adjusts to the BP the acne will start to clear. We are all cheering you along!

MemberMember
(@needhope)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:36 pm

I have stopped drinking milk and found that Almond Milk is the best substitute. I buy the brand Silk original and I like it.

I actually stopped the milk because I was having headaches everyday, then I started cutting one thing at a time and when I cut the milk the headaches stopped.

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/08/2014 9:25 pm

Thank you AyeAye! I am doing everything precisely. I really hope to see some results soon, I look like a monster, it's terrible! Thursday will make 5 weeks I've been using the regimen.

I'm gonna get me some Almond milk, I love the taste of it. The dairy free diet is worth a try. If it does make a difference, I will be gladly to quit using dairy.

Here is a pic of my face tonight.

post-215583-0-88436700-1397010309.jpg

post-215583-0-88436700-1397010309.jpg