Notifications
Clear all

Just Off My 3Rd Round Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@miss-demeanor)

Posted : 03/25/2014 5:46 pm

I'm so fed up. I went on accutane to clear up my spots on my arms / legs etc. it got rid of a few cystic spots but my arms are worse than ever. This is the third time on accutane. I hate to think what it's done to my body. My dermatologist now has me on doxycycline and isotretinoin gel. He thinks now it could be folliculitus or acne excoriee. If this combo of antibiotics and gel doesn't work I've to get a skin biopsy. Check my arms out. They are so painful.post-363344-0-75876300-1395815708_thumb.post-363344-0-41614000-1395815754_thumb.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/25/2014 5:54 pm

god damn get your hormones checked please. and takeagood look at your diet

MemberMember
(@miss-demeanor)

Posted : 03/25/2014 6:00 pm

god damn get your hormones checked please. and takeagood look at your diet

My diet is bad. I'm so stressed at the moment too. What are the best things you can recommend I can do to my diet to begin with? Any simple changes?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/25/2014 6:50 pm

The 3 best things I can reccomend you that are very easy to change are the following

1. Whole Foods Diet, no processed foods, no dairy no processed meats...preferably vegan or high plant base. - inflamation

2. Meditation/Yoga for 20 minutes a day. - stress aggravating hormones

3. Simple skin care regimen.

Are your getting indented scars on your face?

Can you fix your upload?

And can upload a picture of your face or part of your face that would help mucho

edit* i just read that you're 42..so you potentially have adult acne, iether way it's hormonal. go get your hormones checked but still follow the simple steps i suggested to you (1-3).

MemberMember
(@miss-demeanor)

Posted : 03/26/2014 1:47 am

The 3 best things I can reccomend you that are very easy to change are the following

1. Whole Foods Diet, no processed foods, no dairy no processed meats...preferably vegan or high plant base. - inflamation

2. Meditation/Yoga for 20 minutes a day. - stress aggravating hormones

3. Simple skin care regimen.

Are your getting indented scars on your face?

Can you fix your upload?

And can upload a picture of your face or part of your face that would help mucho

edit* i just read that you're 42..so you potentially have adult acne, iether way it's hormonal. go get your hormones checked but still follow the simple steps i suggested to you (1-3).

Thanks for your advice in this. Much appreciated.

I fixed my pictures. I was using my phone, didn't realise they weren't showing up. I don't have anything on my face. Just my arms and legs. I've had acne my whole life. Had a few years off from it after the last two accutane treatments.

I'm veggie but still eat crap. I eat a lot of sugar / chocolate. I'm finishing my masters degree at the mo so I'm always buying crap to eat on the run. I actually started a mindfulness class to learn meditation. I'm getting quite good at it. I should take time for myself and practice it more.

I'm going to have to start making my own soup or something nutritious to take with me to university.

MemberMember
(@yoyobarn)

Posted : 03/27/2014 11:46 am

does anyone know if the second or third rounds of Accutane add to the cumulative dosage?

MemberMember
(@miss-demeanor)

Posted : 03/27/2014 6:04 pm

does anyone know if the second or third rounds of Accutane add to the cumulative dosage?

I wouldn't of thought so. It's more likely to add to the cumulative damage to your body. My dermatologist told me not to stop using contraception for 6 months after. I guess that's how long it's in your system.