Notifications
Clear all

Scaar Fx

MemberMember
(@star-kim)

Posted : 03/24/2014 7:12 pm

So this is interesting... Some of you have spoken to Dr Matteo Clementoni, who said that Lumenis SCAAR FX is not suitable for acne scarring. I was doing a research on Dr Jill Waibell today and found this article she wrote, in which she says that Scaar fx IS good for acne scarring. Soooo, what now?!

[Removed]

Click on ultrapouse: expanding options for laser scar revision

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/24/2014 8:03 pm

If you read Dr. Matteo's response, you will see that he was referring to facial acne scars. The skin on your face is too thin, and requires no more than 1.5mm ablation for improvement. Deep FX can ablate to 2.0mm. Dr. Matteo later confirms on that thread that back acne scars would be different as the skin is thick. He also confirms that some doctors are using SCAAR FX on the back, and having success at improving back acne scars.

MemberMember
(@star-kim)

Posted : 03/25/2014 10:17 am

I see

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 03/26/2014 6:01 pm

If you read Dr. Matteo's response, you will see that he was referring to facial acne scars. The skin on your face is too thin, and requires no more than 1.5mm ablation for improvement. Deep FX can ablate to 2.0mm. Dr. Matteo later confirms on that thread that back acne scars would be different as the skin is thick. He also confirms that some doctors are using SCAAR FX on the back, and having success at improving back acne scars.

Thanks, I have fallen a little behind on the technology, but I thought ScarFX was a little intense for the face.