Notifications
Clear all

Has A "spot Treatment" Product Ever Worked For Anyone?

MemberMember
(@adam4567)

Posted : 03/24/2014 1:40 pm

Some of the brand name "spot treatments" like Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment state that 100% of users saw redness and pimples decrease within one day. Some even say pimples and redness decrease within 8 hours in 100% of users.

I'm really surprised that they can get away with the "100%" claim - I mean that's pushing it, no?

I tried using this spot treatment when I notice a pimple in its beginning stages (it's basically salicylic acid 2%), and saw no change at all. The pimple continues to get large.

Does anyone see improvement? Am I not part of the 100%??

MemberMember
(@girlwithayellowscarf)

Posted : 03/24/2014 3:20 pm

I'm not a fan of store-bought remedies. I've tried over 50 in total, and none of them ever work for me. What absolutely DOES work however (and I had seriously severe acne, i mean all over my face every day) is honey. If it's just one spot, use a small glob of honey (preferably 100% pure honey, not the processed stuff) on a band-aid and place it over the spot overnight. The honey is antibacterial, and the properties of honey are such that it absorbs the water from the skin so that the bacteria causing the spot dies. It also leaves the skin soft and reduces redness. If you have acne everywhere like me, then wear a full-face honey mask whenever you're at home and not planning to see anyone. I've been doing this every day for about two weeks now and I'm seeing crazy good results. I've also been drinking 1-2 cups of green tea every day which I heard is amazing for your skin.

MemberMember
(@user384762)

Posted : 03/24/2014 4:46 pm

I have used the Clean and Clear spot treatment wasn't over happy with it.

For me, the best spot treatment is to completely leave the pimple alone.

However, if I have to use a spot treatment I normally use Polysporin or Proactive's sulfur mask :) I noticed that the Proactive mask decreases the redness and dries it up real quick. The Polysporin seems to help bring pimples to the surface for me. The down sides to them is the sulfur mask smells a bit like clay and the Polysporin is pretty much like Neosporin so its shiny.

MemberMember
(@delsin)

Posted : 03/24/2014 7:43 pm

I admit i used epiduo and it sure helped me. but i stopped using it after my pimples left which was probably a bad idea. I should of kept using it.

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/29/2014 11:43 pm

Generally any spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid won't work on my skin as quickly as they say they will. They won't even work in 24 hours. I've never tried the clean and clear advantage spot treatment, but I have tried others and they don't work for me.

The only things that sometimes work for me are pure tea tree oil or dab of a clay mask like the one from proactive or the queen helene mint julep mask (which both have sulfur).

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/01/2014 11:18 am

I've never liked the store "spot treatments." They just make my skin red and irritated, and make the spot look worse. I've seen much better results using tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It never dries me out and I feel like my skin is in better condition after using it.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:00 pm

I love spot treating with 2.5% BP. Pimples don't disappear overnight but for me, it helps to shrink them. Sometimes I spot treat with the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask on deeper pimples, they tend to reduce a lot in redness and soreness when I do.

MemberMember
(@james-howard)

Posted : 04/03/2014 7:05 am

I've never liked the store "spot treatments." They just make my skin red and irritated, and make the spot look worse. I've seen much better results using tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It never dries me out and I feel like my skin is in better condition after using it.

Did you used that with your own will or some one suggested you?

MemberMember
(@james-howard)

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:02 am

pimples and such other skin disorders are due to the spoiled blood.You should use some product for cleaning blood.Some product having minerals may prove nice.

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:19 pm

pimples and such other skin disorders are due to the spoiled blood.You should use some product for cleaning blood.Some product having minerals may prove nice.

I thought I heard every theory out there. This is new though. What exaclty cleans your blood?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/07/2014 12:57 pm

didnt read responses

but I like tea tree oil (STRONG..use q-tip dab on spot at night)

and cetaphil tiny spot treatment that is sulphur

GL

Kim

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/09/2014 10:07 am

Did you used that with your own will or some one suggested you?

My mother has used it for years, so she suggested it. I love it. I used to dilute it with moisturizer and apply it over my entire face, but now I just use it full strength and dab it on with a Qtip.

MemberMember
(@nikc)

Posted : 04/11/2014 7:26 am

Panoxyl 10%cream works for me. I use it with garnier pure scrub and clearasil ultra foaming wash. Haven't had a spot in ages since I started combining these 3.

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 04/12/2014 6:03 pm

Vicks vapour rub works wonders on cysts. Gone in a few days vs weeks.

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/13/2014 1:42 am

I never had any success with the products that sell themselves as 'acne treatments'. In fact, some even made my acne worse.

I think 'normal' face washes and creams are the way to go. It's about finding the right ones for you. This takes patience and experimentation.

MemberMember
(@streetwaver)

Posted : 04/13/2014 2:06 am

Hmm... can't stay I agree it's because of "spoiled blood". Does that mean it's gone rancid?

MemberMember
(@cah123)

Posted : 04/14/2014 5:37 am

For me, with regular use, the clean and clear spot treatment is brilliant overnight. I do think it takes a couple of applications for it to work though. I like using honey and cinnamon, it is one of the best things to noticeably reduce the size of a spot in a couple of hours so I tend to dab this on a couple of hours before a night out. Sudocrem used a couple of times a week is good too. You can't use it too frequently though or it tends to lose effectiveness

MemberMember
(@spleenharvester)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:33 pm

Quinoderm worked quite well until I became allergic to it.

Everything else I've tried has worked for a few weeks and then caused massive breakouts.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 04/21/2014 5:42 pm

I find that 2.5% BP is a really good spot treatment for my skin (especially if I need to go somewhere), as well as the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. The Mask works well for deeper pimples that are further under my skin, I find it stops them in their tracks. I glob a bit on with a q tip, then wipe off when it dries. Sometimes I reapply another glob if I feel like I need it.