Notifications
Clear all

Hypertrophic Nose Scar (Picture)

MemberMember
(@wax)

Posted : 03/24/2014 1:01 am

I have some hypertrophic scars on my nose that resulted from multiple flareups of cystic acne. I got the first scar around 8 years ago. I've had so many cysts on my nose that I have lost track. The newest scar is 4 years old and it's the only one not grouped together with the others. I'm currently using silicone gel and I actually do see some results but only on the newest scar. It probably shrank down by half after using the gel for about a month. I'm thrilled it's actually working but my older scars seem to be unaffected. I'm wondering what other treatment options I have. Nose scars just seem terribly difficult to treat from all of the posts I've read.

MemberMember
(@pattymo)

Posted : 03/24/2014 7:27 pm

i dont have hypertrophic scars on my nose but i do have them elsewhere and i had kenalog injections done which helped shrink them immensely. get an appt with a derm and ask about them

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:17 am

You might want to try water fasting. It is the only method I have researched that worked on nose scars. But please do lots of research prior to your water fasting. There are dangers in water fasting when done inappropriately. Here is the thread.

and

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/06/2014 10:21 am

You might want to try water fasting. It is the only method I have researched that worked on nose scars. But please do lots of research prior to your water fasting. There are dangers in water fasting when done inappropriately. Here is the thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/305604-i-healed-my-scars-or-god-did-by-fasting/ and

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/332448-water-fast-for-scars-and-acne/page-9

i recommend you dont tell people to do what youre doing since your " research " is not a research to begin with consider you only read things with no facts or proven information to say it works

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 07/06/2014 6:37 pm

Don't listen to lenar, he's extremely gullible and posts a lot about bullshit cures that would never work. Depriving your body of nutrients via water fasting will only cause harm, but then again, you probably already knew that.