Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars, Boxcar Icepick, Hyperpigmentation - Treatments (W/pics)

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:06 pm

So after years of having acne in my lower highschool years I have finally managed to get rid of it in my senior year using a mixture of treatments (Salicylic Acid, BP 2.5%, Retin-A 0.025% Gel) and it left me with these scars. I only have scars on my left cheek which are in the below picture. I do have very very very minor scars on my right cheek but they are unnoticeable. Here is a picture of what I have to deal with day in and day out:

jtl5c8.jpg

30jppn8.jpg

My main question, would these scars be considered severe or shallow acne scars (the huge one is a birth mark). What sort of treatments are up in the air for these types of scars? When I touch them, they feel smooth just look horrendous in the mirror =(

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/24/2014 9:38 am

How long do you have those scars?

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/24/2014 1:23 pm

uh some have been close to a year or so, some just came up. Its like as new skin comes, more appear

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/24/2014 3:33 pm

uh some have been close to a year or so, some just came up. Its like as new skin comes, more appear

you have ice picks buddy look into tca cross laser dermaroller etc wont work for these

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/24/2014 4:46 pm

Yeah, I agree with the above. You have ice pick scars so tca cross or dermarroling would be helpfull.

However, as you said your scars are recent. Dont try anything yet because your skin is still healing. To get maximum healing try a multivitaminic and a high dosage of vitamin c. Dont forget to moist your scars very well!

This should help to reduce scar tissue formation as much as possible. When the redness fades, it can leave you some scars. I cant judge them at this moment but I can say they are shallow.

Hope it helps and good luck mate :)

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/24/2014 10:19 pm

They feel very shallow, I mean my skin feels unreal smooth. I have a derm appointment next month so I will discuss TCA Cross. Would these be considered superficial or not? Keep in mind that this was taken right after shaving so they are at their worst =(. Dam acne.

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/25/2014 11:32 pm

I'm thinking about trying out the 1.0mm dermaroller and see if that would help. I would combine it with a topical retin-a at nighttime to get deeper into the skin. Would the dermaroller actually help tho?

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/26/2014 3:21 am

Minor acne scars. Once the redness is gone, they won't be noticeable.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 03/26/2014 12:37 pm

I wouldn't try 1 mm dermaroller as it can damage smooth skin. For me, dermaroller made my skin look worse by causing orange peel texture.

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/26/2014 1:47 pm

Minor acne scars. Once the redness is gone, they won't be noticeable.

I hope thats the case

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/26/2014 11:58 pm

Another option that I might look into would be a Lactic Acid peel...Would this even help at all? On a side not, would these scars be considered "superficial" and minor acne scars?

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/27/2014 3:08 am

If you started with a dermaroller I wouldnt recommend 1mm in tge first place. Try .50 or .25 mm, it wont harm your skin and it will educate yourself in dermarollers

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/27/2014 8:09 pm

Would these be considered "superficial" though? like the majority look small and aren't pitted. there is really only 1 that is pitted which isnt even that bad. 1 bigger one is better than a 100 small ones imo

MemberMember
(@jnez)

Posted : 03/29/2014 12:59 pm

Last question, would these be considered superficial?

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/29/2014 1:34 pm

Yes, they are exactly like mine. In fact, you have some so small that arent considered scars but on the other hand you have some "big ones" (but still, they are superficial)