Notifications
Clear all

Aaron's Primal/ Paleo Diet And Natural Products Regimen

MemberMember
(@aarontyler702)

Posted : 03/23/2014 9:40 pm

My Acne & Rosacea Regimen

(Including diet, supplements, training, etc as I believe everything is connected)

My name is Aaron, I'm 23, and I have had acne (face & torso) and rosacea for going on 10 years now. I currently have no large acne lesions and only a couple small pimples under my jaw, but up until recently I have had a lot of painful cystic acne on both my face and body that has left me with a lot of scarring. I've tried a lot of different prescriptions and over-the-counter cleansers and treatments without good results and typically they left me with bad side effects. So I've been doing a lot of reading on different natural approaches to keeping acne and rosacea under control and this is what I've compiled from that to try. I will be as detailed as I can to have as a reference for others on the off chance that this works for me and could help anyone else. So here is what I have so far:

A.M.

• Cold Shower (started this 4 days ago, has helped a lot with redness and dryness)
  • Body and face washed in shower with shea moisture olive and green tea shea butter soap
  • Gently scrub face with 1 tbsp epsom salts for 30 seconds and rinse off
  • Shave face with COLD WATER, merkur safety razor w/ astra blade, taylor of old bond jermyn street sensitive shaving cream, and escali badger brush (I shave slowly and with no pressure but the weight of the razor and this keeps irritation to a minimum)
  • Rub apple cider vinegar on face with cotton pad as aftershave/ toner

P.M.

• Wash face with cold water and 1 tbsp epsom salts
  • Rub apple cider vinegar on face with cotton pad

Supplements

• Fish oil 1200mg w/ Vitamin D 2000 iu (x2)
  • Men's Multivitamin

Diet

• Will be beginning a primal style diet as detailed at marksdailyapple

Training

• Sprints 3 days/week
  • Strength Training 3 days/week
  • Yoga 3 days/week
  • Meditation every day