Notifications
Clear all

Foundations For Oily Skin/acne

MemberMember
(@angelmv0)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:53 pm

Does anyone know any good cover up or foundation's for oily acne prone skin that you can get at like cvs or walgreens I'm not trying to do too much I just wanna cover up my cheeks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/24/2014 9:05 am

Almay Smart Shade has been my favorite for many years now.

Here's more makeup advice.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

and

http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/04/27/makeup-if-you-must/

MemberMember
(@missvania)

Posted : 03/24/2014 12:02 pm

revlon colorstay all the way ;) it's medium coverage, has a good color range, has great oil control and it lasts all day!! just make sure you really remove it at night and you'll be fine.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 03/27/2014 4:06 pm

revlon colorstay all the way it's medium coverage, has a good color range, has great oil control and it lasts all day!! just make sure you really remove it at night and you'll be fine.

Is it purported to be oil-free? I've checked Revlon's website but couldn't find anywhere that it claims the Colorstay foundation is oil-free, which is of vital importance to someone like me. (It doesn't take much to break out my skin.)

Thanks,

PI

MemberMember
(@missvania)

Posted : 03/28/2014 4:16 am

The brand doesn't say on the website, but the colorstay is oil free. just make sure that it doesn't have ingredients that personally break you out.

I have one of the most weird skins, because i breakout from a lot of products, and revlon colorstay never did for me... I also really like bourjois foundations.

Even if a foundation is oil free and non comedogenic it can still breakout some people, because it can have ingredients that not everyone's skin can handle. For instance, i brokeout from Vichy Normateint, which is targeted for oily acne prone skin..

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 03/28/2014 1:04 pm

ven if a foundation is oil free and non comedogenic it can still breakout some people, because it can have ingredients that not everyone's skin can handle.

Good point. Unfortunately, I've not experimented with makeup nearly enough to have pinpointed the ingredients that are a no-no for me; so trying anything new is akin to playing a form Russian Roulette. Bah.

MemberMember
(@josa)

Posted : 03/28/2014 3:20 pm

I like Clinique's "anti-blemish solutions foundation" :)

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/06/2014 11:08 pm

The best foundation I've tried is Mary Kay Matte-Wear foundation and it's water-based. I have extremely oily skin, and this doesn't grease up on me a lot.

Normally you need to buy it through a Mary Kay consultant (which I hate to do) but you can find them online instead (eBay or Amazon).

MemberMember
(@skullmama1)

Posted : 04/08/2014 1:40 am

I am allergic/sensitive to talc, titanium dioxide, mica...All the stuff that's in every makeup. The only one I've found to not aggravate my skin is Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. It has titanium dioxide, but I guess not enough to freak out my skin. It also oxygenated the skin, which I think helps a lot and it's THIN aka doesn't add texture. It may not be great for super oily skins since it doesn't set (stays dewy all day and comes off on your phone), but for my skin, more moisture =less oiliness later. I love it and it covers well. I hate the price though. $39. It does last and you don't have to use a lot. I do a thin layer all over and build a little more under my cheekbones where all my scars and breakouts are.