Notifications
Clear all

Amoxicillin Replacement?

MemberMember
(@supergao)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:54 pm

Hi,

I have been on Amoxcillin for about 3 years now and am afraid that my body will start to become immune to it. I was wondering if anyone else who has been on Amoxcillin or something similar ever came across a viable replacement? My problem is that amoxicillin seems to be the only thing thats works for my skin. I am currently taking these suppliments, but they are having little to no effect:

Vitamin D3 (5000 IU)

Zinc (30 mg)

Vitamin C (1000 mg)

Allicin (5000 mcg)

Queens Delight (Composed up 1000mg of Royal Jelly, 600mg of Propolis, and 1500mg of Bee Pollen)

I am also a vegetarian, and meditate daily. So I don't believe my acne to greatly influenced or effected by a bad diet or stress.

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 03/25/2014 11:23 am

Hi,

I have been on Amoxcillin for about 3 years now and am afraid that my body will start to become immune to it. I was wondering if anyone else who has been on Amoxcillin or something similar ever came across a viable replacement? My problem is that amoxicillin seems to be the only thing thats works for my skin. I am currently taking these suppliments, but they are having little to no effect:

Vitamin D3 (5000 IU)

Zinc (30 mg)

Vitamin C (1000 mg)

Allicin (5000 mcg)

Queens Delight (Composed up 1000mg of Royal Jelly, 600mg of Propolis, and 1500mg of Bee Pollen)

I am also a vegetarian, and meditate daily. So I don't believe my acne to greatly influenced or effected by a bad diet or stress.

what other antibiotics have you tried? is the amoxcillin still working? Why switch if it is? Ideally you dont wanna be on antibiotics forever, but Im in the same boat you are; Id rather have better skin and deal w/ any potential effects when and if there is any. Bactrim is a strong antibiotic that works miraculously for some people, but it is highly allergic to many people unfortunately

MemberMember
(@supergao)

Posted : 03/28/2014 1:37 pm

what other antibiotics have you tried? is the amoxcillin still working? Why switch if it is? Ideally you dont wanna be on antibiotics forever, but Im in the same boat you are; Id rather have better skin and deal w/ any potential effects when and if there is any. Bactrim is a strong antibiotic that works miraculously for some people, but it is highly allergic to many people unfortunately

Other than the ones I have listed, I haven't really tried anything else other than commercial acne products.

My amoxicillin is still working, but I would really like to find something that gets rid of my acne and not just supresses it, if that makes any sense. The moment I stop taking amoxicillin everything starts to come back. I hoping to find somekind of alternative that gets rid of my acne in which it supresses it like amoxicillin, but also heals my body so it won't produce more. That's pretty much the main reason why I've been resorting to vitamins and whatnot as replacements. I'm trying to create an environemnt in my body in which acne cannot thrive.

Thanks for recommending bactrim. I'll look into it.

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 03/28/2014 2:43 pm

Other than the ones I have listed, I haven't really tried anything else other than commercial acne products.

My amoxicillin is still working, but I would really like to find something that gets rid of my acne and not just supresses it, if that makes any sense. The moment I stop taking amoxicillin everything starts to come back. I hoping to find somekind of alternative that gets rid of my acne in which it supresses it like amoxicillin, but also heals my body so it won't produce more. That's pretty much the main reason why I've been resorting to vitamins and whatnot as replacements. I'm trying to create an environemnt in my body in which acne cannot thrive.

Thanks for recommending bactrim. I'll look into it.

all antibiotics will do that; there is no antibiotic cure. With antibiotics you will either eventually become immune to it (could take several years) and the acne comes back, or you quit the antibiotic and it comes back, sometimes worse. All they can to is supress, as you stated, acne from coming. But I wouldnt change to anything now; if your current med is effective in supressing it, keep using it, because eventually it will no longer work for you and you'll be on the hunt for a different one. Id look into Bactrim at that point.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/07/2014 12:30 am

I just started on amoxicillin. How long did it take for u to see results do u remember?

MemberMember
(@supergao)

Posted : 04/11/2014 11:29 pm

I just started on amoxicillin. How long did it take for u to see results do u remember?

Within 2 to 3 months my acne was gone. I still had scaring and whatnot, but that healed within a month or so. The scaring on my back didn't really clear, but I don't get cyst back there anymore, so I'm good.

Hope you see good results.

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/13/2014 2:30 am

Thank you for your response! I was on bactrim for two years. Spotless skin, but then grew resistant. After many months lucked into clear skin again right before Accutane with spiro, bc, and retin a. That has kept me 95 percent clear for FIVE years. Sadly out of no where skin started breaking out again. I think derms hope is just going through a hormonal flux and so the amoxicillin will get me through it. Who knows!! Acne is the worst. Literally hiding these days!