Concerned So Far, H...

Notifications
Clear all

Concerned So Far, Help!

MemberMember
(@imnotlovinit)

Posted : 03/23/2014 8:40 am

I just started on the regimen 2 nights ago and i'm definitely feeling the itchy, dry, crap that drives me up a wall. I suffer from light/mild acne and have combination skin. However from what I know about acne is that dry skin can be a cause of acne because the dry skin can linger and clog your pores and I think thats been happening to me because before starting the regimen I did have some blackheads around my nose area that weren't 3d on my skin, but since starting the regimen they've been popping up 1 by 1 at the end of the day and i've been using my extractor so get them out but i'm very concerned that the regimen is going to make me break out from dry skin. Should I stop the regimen and try something else or does this happen to a lot of people? I was just reading reviews and saw people would see improvements after a few days, and although no new pimples have showed up I am concerned about these clogged pores leading to future break outs.

PLEASE HELP and share your experiences

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:23 pm

A bit of itchiness and dryness is common when you start using bp, but it shouldn't be severe or unbearable. Please read more here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

And here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#itch

Hope that helps.

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:32 pm

The itching and dryness will go away with time. You're going to have some unexpected outbreaks that will pop up here and there, but it won't be that way forever. I'm on something like day 50, and I can promise you that it does get better. You're going to have a lizard face for a little while, but it isn't permanent. I also had mild to moderate acne. I'm still fighting with the red spots from old acne, but I've had very few breakouts over the last couple of weeks. We're talking maybe a pimple a week, and they don't last for more than a few days now.

When you hit about the week 4 mark, try adding in AHA to your lotion (or use the acne.org stuff). I'm using a little bottle of pinkish Olay brand AHA to mix with my moisturizer. That was the biggest help to my lizard-face level of flaking. After about a week of adding AHA to my moisturizer, I am virtually flake free. I still have some flakes, but nowhere near the level I was at before. I blame most of it now on the delightful Ohio weather.

Just remind yourself that this is a marathon, not a 5K. You have to be patient and tolerate some of the discomfort for the treatment to work. It's going to probably suck for the first few weeks, but it really is worth it to just keep plugging along. Give The Regimen a chance.