Notifications
Clear all

Losing Faith

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 03/23/2014 7:01 am

7 weeks on the regimen so far, 4% BP... skin seems a little clearer but still getting significant breakouts every other day. Skin is very sore and red which makes applying the BP painful, trying to keep the faith but with every new spot that comes up its becoming harder and harder

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/23/2014 8:59 am

I didn't start to see consistent clearing till AFTER 3months of consistent use. 4% BP may also be too much for your skin as The Regimen calls for and recommends 2.5%. I'm not going to lie to you, the initial stages are ROUGH and you will feel down but it does get better. Give it 3-4 months and try to get access to 2.5% if you can. Good Luck. Feel free to PM with any questions.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 9:51 am

7 weeks on the regimen so far, 4% BP... skin seems a little clearer but still getting significant breakouts every other day. Skin is very sore and red which makes applying the BP painful, trying to keep the faith but with every new spot that comes up its becoming harder and harder

After 7 weeks, it sounds like BP just isn't going to work for you. BP doesn't actually work that well for most people, it's just something that has been noted as helping some people for some of the time.

BP kills some p acnes bacteria, not all of it. The problem is the cream or gel is smothering your pores, trapping in bacteria and dead skin cells. This leads to more acne. This problem is further compounded by drying up the skin which causes more blocked pores. Moisturizer to combat the dry skin smothers the pores even more, adding to the problem.

Topicals will not treat acne in most cases. I know this is not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Most acne is caused by stress and sexual issues. Unless you can overcome these issues, acne will continue to be a problem.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:29 pm

yeah the smallest dose of BP you can get in the U.K. is 4% so i have no choice really, i'm willing to give it time just frustrating trying to keep in high spirits when it's just breakout after breakout

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:40 pm

7 weeks is too soon to really know if it is working or not. Dermatologists and skin care experts will tell you that you need to give it 12 weeks or three months before you give it up and try something else.

The BP does not 'smother' your pores and neither does your moisturizer (as long as it is oil free and non comedogenic). They are both absorbed.

Acne is NEVER caused by 'sexual issues', they disproved that idea decades ago!

The Regimen has worked for a lot of people.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:15 pm

7 weeks is too soon to really know if it is working or not. Dermatologists and skin care experts will tell you that you need to give it 12 weeks or three months before you give it up and try something else.

The BP does not 'smother' your pores and neither does your moisturizer (as long as it is oil free and non comedogenic). They are both absorbed.

Acne is NEVER caused by 'sexual issues', they disproved that idea decades ago!

The Regimen has worked for a lot of people.

And the regimen has also not worked for so so many more people.

Acne is almost ALWAYS caused by stress relating to hormones. Sometimes that also includes sexual issues. Again, it's not the answer people want to hear which is why I get the criticism, whilst all the time you end up with the acne issue.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:18 pm

You are mistaken. It is not that people don't want to hear what you have to say, it is that you keep repeating the same incorrect information.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:31 pm

You are mistaken. It is not that people don't want to hear what you have to say, it is that you keep repeating the same incorrect information.

None of what I have posted is incorrect. Yet here we are with people continuing to post months after taking the usual advice from people like you who STILL end up with their acne condition at the end of it all. If something doesn't work, try more of the same on the of chance it will work next time - that seems to be the theme.

Unless you are trying to say that all these people who have not had any luck with BP are lying?

The cold hard fact is topicals do not usually work to treat people with acne. I don't know what you find so hard about accepting this. I work for a dermatologist and time and time again do I see people who have repeatedly tried every topical under the sun to treat their acne and failed. Even dermatologist are weary and reluctant to use topicals on acne patients. Does this not tell you something?

I see people who have damaged their skin more through BP and harsh chemical peels on a daily basis. It's thanks to people on the Internet and GPs who really don't have a clue about acne. They end up in the dermatologist office with far bigger problems than acne let me tell you.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:37 pm

This is the last time I will respond to your comments as I am not sure what your deal is. You claim to work in dermatology however much of the information you spout is incorrect so that is clearly not true.

The Regimen works for some people and not for others. It does not claim to be a 'cure' or to work for absolutely everyone. But if people want to try it that is their choice and they could get good results from it.

I cannot figure out why you are so hell bent on slamming it and deterring people from trying it with your false claims. Acne is caused by sexual issues - seriously??? how can you possibly say that and expect people will respect anything else that you have to say. The only thing that I can conclude is that you have a very unhappy life and need this forum to make yourself feel important or something.

Either way I wish you well but kindly try and be a bit more supportive of everyone.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:43 pm

After 7 weeks, it sounds like BP just isn't going to work for you. BP doesn't actually work that well for most people, it's just something that has been noted as helping some people for some of the time.

BP kills some p acnes bacteria, not all of it. The problem is the cream or gel is smothering your pores, trapping in bacteria and dead skin cells. This leads to more acne. This problem is further compounded by drying up the skin which causes more blocked pores. Moisturizer to combat the dry skin smothers the pores even more, adding to the problem.

Topicals will not treat acne in most cases. I know this is not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Most acne is caused by stress and sexual issues. Unless you can overcome these issues, acne will continue to be a problem.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:02 pm

This is the last time I will respond to your comments as I am not sure what your deal is. You claim to work in dermatology however much of the information you spout is incorrect so that is clearly not true.

The Regimen works for some people and not for others. It does not claim to be a 'cure' or to work for absolutely everyone. But if people want to try it that is their choice and they could get good results from it.

I cannot figure out why you are so hell bent on slamming it and deterring people from trying it with your false claims. Acne is caused by sexual issues - seriously??? how can you possibly say that and expect people will respect anything else that you have to say. The only thing that I can conclude is that you have a very unhappy life and need this forum to make yourself feel important or something.

Either way I wish you well but kindly try and be a bit more supportive of everyone.

Yes acne can be caused by sexual issues. Not the answer people want to hear. This doesn't mean to say everyone with acne is really suffering sexual issues, but there is a strong correlation in the patients we see. Stress is the biggest factor however and no cream, gel or lotion will fix that. You see, you can't treat stress with cream which is what people are basically trying to do.

I don't think it does anyone any good to come on here and discredit topical treatments that have scientific studies backing their efficacy.... and instead push opinion-based, and rather silly, remedies to treat acne. It is unrealistic to completely remove stress from your day-to-day life and no guarantee that that will even eliminate acne. And there is no evidence whatsoever that "sexual issues" have anything to do with acne.

There are many, many Before and After pics on this website from people who have had success with the regimen, no pics of success with altering "stress and sexual issues".

There is very strong evidence linking stress and sex with acne. This has been known for a very long time. Like I've said, you can't treat stress with a cream which is what basically people are trying to do. They then end up wondering why they still have acne.

The only thing BP does to the majority of people, not ALL, the MAJORITY, is dry out the skin. This typically makes the skin look better initially as the acne dries up and falls off. Further down the road, the true ugly truth emerges, usually in the form of red, crusty, unhealthy looking skin and yet the original condition persists because it actually hasn't been dealt with.

The body does not like being exposed to foreign objects, BP being one of them. Moisturizer is used in attempt to treat the side effects, usually with little results. Once the skin turns into this mess, it's best to quit. It's basically your body telling you it doesn't want to be exposed to this substance. For the few people for which BP does work, it usually doesn't last for more than a few years at best. Medicines are not life time drugs, far from it. Fortunately, the body is very good at fighting foreign substances which is why BP almost always becomes ineffective after years of use.

MemberMember
(@hazellove830)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:43 pm

Please don't give up! You may want to try doing regimen once a day or twice a day but only every other day. Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/23/2014 7:57 pm

Purplesky... Unless you can site specific studies that back up what you say, or post Before and After pictures backing up that your methods work...Be Gone! No one takes you seriously.

MemberMember
(@kck182)

Posted : 03/25/2014 12:51 am

I had to exfoliate to improve my results. It helped break the clogged pore cycle. So far so good. I have hormonal acne.

So I have never heard that "sexual issues" caused acne. Is that from getting too little or too much?

MemberMember
(@foxhound)

Posted : 03/26/2014 8:42 am

I started the regiment on the last week of January. Before that I was using BP 5%, I couldn't find anything less than 5% in the UK. So I've ordered Dan's Regiment over the internet, I paid 30 dollars just to have it delivered in the UK, but it was worth it.

In on week 9 or 10 now (don't quite remember), and I can say that by week 7 I was a little bit disappointed because my skin wasn't get clear. But now I can finally see some results.

Acne is not always about stress, or about your diet, you can change that and still have acne.

If you can't find anything with 2.5% BP I would recommend that you order Dan's Regiment, because 4% or 5% is too much. Once, when I was using 5%, I put a little bit too close to my mouth, and my mouth was dry and hurting for weeks.

But if you do order it, order everything together, so you don't do like me, I've ordered the regiment and jojoba oil, and now I realized that I need AHA if I want to get a better result, so I paid more 30 dollars on delivery ._.

Before trying Dan's Regiment I was really depressed about my Acne, because I didn't have that much acne when I was younger, it got worse with ageing. But finally I found something that's is working for me, I wish I could tell about the Regiment to everyone that suffer from this.