Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me Find A Foundation Suiting My Skin Type

MemberMember
(@mariek)

Posted : 03/23/2014 6:14 am

Hi guys :)

So I've been struggling with mild to moderate acne for years, but now it is pretty much under control and I rarely get any spots. However, the skin still looks disgusting, because of huge pores, oily skin and red marks left behind by breakouts, and I would like to cover those up.

So I'm looking for a liquid foundation that offers medium coverage, stays matte all day and doesn't cost more than 20. Of course it should not break me out again and worsen my acne.

Can anyone recommend me a good foundation? I have already tried a few organic ones (but all of them broke me out) and the La Roche Posay Toleriane Teint Make-Up Fluid (it is amazing, but I just can't find the right shade)...please help, there are so many foundations, i just don't know which one to choose. Please tell me with which one you have had good experiences.

Thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate your help :)

Marie

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:15 am

i love using the dermablend smooth indulgence concealer as my foundation because it covers everything so well and its non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic so no worries about breakouts. it has spf 20 and will last for many many hours.

they also make a foundation called intense powder camo that is new and covers very well too. i use it when i want a heavier coverage. it also lasts all day and i think it has spf in it too.

you can check it out at their website http://www.dermablend.com

i think the stuff might cost over $20 but its worth the price. if you go to sephora or ulta they can match you or you can do what i do and buy like 5 different shades and then just return the ones you dont like.

MemberMember
(@missvania)

Posted : 03/24/2014 12:06 pm

So far, the best i've tried for oily acne prone skin are: garnier bb cream for oily combination skin and revlon colorstay for oily skin.. the colorstay it's truly amazing, it never broke me out (just have to make sure that i completely remove it at night), has really good coverage and lasts all day. Also it has oil control properties. Another brand that i recommend is bourjois. It does amazing foundations, and you can choose the finish and coverage you want to get the right one for you. They're really nice and never broke me out.

I've also tried Vichy Normateint Foundation and broke me out, and it's supposed to be suitable for acne prone skin..

MemberMember
(@mariek)

Posted : 03/29/2014 4:07 pm

Thank you both for your answers :)

After having looked at the "Dermablend" website, I think their products aren't an option for me because the website unfortunately does not ship to my home country in Europe and there aren't any local stores.

As for the Revlon Colorstay, I've heard many positive opinions about, but isn't it a full coverage foundation (some people claim it is) ? Or only medium? Because I don't really want TOO much coverage since I fear it would look cakey...

MemberMember
(@skullmama1)

Posted : 04/08/2014 1:59 am

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Spf 20 pa++ and doesn't clog pores. It oxygenates the skin and makes it GLOW aka blurs imperfections. It is thin and makes pores disappear. I love it. It doesn't dry down, however, so you may need to get used to the feeling of a very dewy complexion all day. Lol. It's not a full coverage but I find that it has enough for me, and I have a LOT of hyperpigmentation and dark healing spots because I always pop and pick. It's a buildable coverage and does the whole blurring effect I mentioned earlier. Whatever it doesn't cover to my liking, I just put bronzer or blush over so it all blends together. Lol. I have pretty moderate - severe acne and no one can ever tell when I wear this.

MemberMember
(@nkay0903)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:28 am

i used to LOVE true march. it was incredibly matte coverage and you can choose cool or warm colours, it was def the perfect colour match.

My two TOP foundations though are a bit expensive.

Clinique Acne foundation- INCREDIBLE. medium coverage $35

Tarte Amazonian clay foundation- THE BEST FOUNDATION IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. full coverage depending on how much you use. $50.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/23/2014 8:29 am

i think i need to get this Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I've heard it's great stuff. Does it cover red marks well and help fill in indents?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/23/2014 9:42 am

Just a warning about the Tarte Amazonian Clay it contains highly comedogenic ingredients listed on Dans list. I bought it but Im afraid to use it in case it clogs my pores.

Ive tried a lot of foundations and my recommendation for medium coverage and good ingredients would be Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. If you wanted full coverage I would say Estee Lauder Double Wear.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/23/2014 1:28 pm

If you are looking for an inexpensive foundation that works well for oily skin, Almay makes two liquid foundations; one called TLC Truly Lasting Color 16 hour makeup, and another called Clear Complexion. Both sell for around $12. My daughter has used both and is very happy with the coverage (they cover her leftover red marks) and they have never broken her out.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 05/23/2014 1:58 pm

My favorite foundation for oily acne prone skin is called pur minerals pressed powder 4 in 1

Its by far the best foundation that makes my skin look flawless and keeps breakouts away. It provides good or better coverage than a liquid foundation if you use a chisel brush with it and their prep and perfect primer. U can get it at sephora or ulta

It may be more expensive but is definitely worth it

Ive tried several drug store foundations and whether it be almay or loreals true match they break me out

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 06/14/2014 2:25 am

im no expert, but i have a few suggestions.

go to a mac counter and get color matched. then, google ur drugstore alternative. people love covergirl outlast for oily skin, but i currently looove revlon colorstay whipped.

its a pigmented foundation, so u dont need much for coverage. to take it off at night, i use a skin cleansing balm, along with olay daily facials. good luck!

MemberMember
(@mariek)

Posted : 06/17/2014 9:00 am

Thank you for your answers :) Well, I think I'll look into a few of the recommended foundations as I can't opt for only one...they all sound great.

MemberMember
(@trimlantana)

Posted : 06/24/2014 12:16 am

Estee Lauder double wear foundation literally saved my life. You won't find better coverage. It can make your skin look dry if you don't moisturizer first but once you use it nothing else will do anymore

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/12/2014 2:12 pm

I love the Makeup For Ever HD Foundation! It blends well, comes in a variety of shades, and the coverage is full. It is used by celebrities and recommended by dermatologists for acne and acne scarring coverage! $40 at Sephora.

MemberMember
(@katarzina)

Posted : 07/19/2014 7:25 pm

I use Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF 15 Full coverage and it's great! It has a matte finish and it's non-comedogenic too. I recommend