Notifications
Clear all

Tea Tree Oil Spray As Treatment And Coconut Oil As Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@21andirritated)

Posted : 03/22/2014 11:02 pm

Now, I know that this may just be because both of the people who recommended this are Vegan, but I'm starting to consider it...

I have:

*Very Oily Skin

*Fair skin

*Sensitive Skin on occasion

*Slightly allergic to benzoyl peroxide

*Recently on an acne medication (after months without due to no insurance)

*And (for the same reason) had to take a month off of my birth control and am having THE WORSTE hormonal break out I've ever had.

*Unfortunately, I am a heavy make-up user

*And a very stressed out college student

(Not totally sure if you needed to know all that, but there you go)

I know Tea Tree is for the bacteria that causes acne, and I was told that the coconut oil helps adequately moisturize very oily skin and keep it from getting incredibly oily later on in the day. I just wanted to know if this is true or just something buzzing around lately.

I don't plan on doing this till after my breakout calms the H.E. double hockey sticks down, but I was wondering if anybody had tried this and what they're results were?

MemberMember
(@ttomp13)

Posted : 03/23/2014 9:10 pm

Now, I know that this may just be because both of the people who recommended this are Vegan, but I'm starting to consider it...

I have:

*Very Oily Skin

*Fair skin

*Sensitive Skin on occasion

*Slightly allergic to benzoyl peroxide

*Recently on an acne medication (after months without due to no insurance)

*And (for the same reason) had to take a month off of my birth control and am having THE WORSTE hormonal break out I've ever had.

*Unfortunately, I am a heavy make-up user

*And a very stressed out college student

(Not totally sure if you needed to know all that, but there you go)

I know Tea Tree is for the bacteria that causes acne, and I was told that the coconut oil helps adequately moisturize very oily skin and keep it from getting incredibly oily later on in the day. I just wanted to know if this is true or just something buzzing around lately.

I don't plan on doing this till after my breakout calms the H.E. double hockey sticks down, but I was wondering if anybody had tried this and what they're results were?

Hey!

If you decide to do this, let me know. I recently did a and for me, it broke me out like crazy. I recently picked up a natural cures acne system, and it discusses natural ways to cure acne, and I guess in many cases, acne has to do with candida. If you decide to go the natural route, I would definitely start researching candida.

From the sounds of it, the only true way to get rid of acne naturally is from within. I haven't had any success, ever with any natural topical acne treatments. Tea tree oil broke me out like crazy, and for me, the only thing that has really ever kept me 100% clear is benzoyl peroxide.

PS:

I'm not saying your idea won't be effective.

I'm just letting you know what I know based off of my experience, and some research. :)

MemberMember
(@nicoblossom)

Posted : 05/27/2015 2:04 pm

I like to use tea tree oil as a spot treatment, but I have found it doesn't work too well on cystic acne. Make sure you dilute it because it can be really drying: I run a q-tip under the faucet, dry it a little on my face towel, and then dip it into the tea tree oil and it seems to work. I have also considered diluting tea tree oil and using it as a facial mist.

I use coconut oil every day to moisturize and am obsessed with it; I use it on my whole body and it is one of the only oils that doesn't make me break out, though I know not everyone has had such a positive experience with it.

I'm going to try to detox and adapt a new diet and supplement plan next week, which I have high hopes for. I agree with ttomp13, I think I need to heal from within first.

MemberMember
(@dontwalkfly)

Posted : 05/27/2015 4:53 pm

Tea tree oil has been pretty effective for me. Just make sure you dilute it as it can be pretty harsh and drying.

I have tried coconut oil which broke me out as it clogged my pores. There are other oils you can use as a moisturiser which won't clog your pores such as Jojoba or Hemp Seed Oil.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@bryguy92)

Posted : 05/28/2015 5:07 am

Tea tree oil only worked for me if it was used for spot treatment

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 05/28/2015 1:38 pm

Tea tree oil has been pretty effective for me. Just make sure you dilute it as it can be pretty harsh and drying.

I have tried coconut oil which broke me out as it clogged my pores. There are other oils you can use as a moisturiser which won't clog your pores such as Jojoba or Hemp Seed Oil.

Good luck!

I think coconut oil broke you out because it was detoxifying your skin. How long did you use it?

The purging phase could take up to a few weeks to a month, depending on the individual's skin.