Notifications
Clear all

Week 1 On Regimen

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/22/2014 5:34 pm

So...it's been a week since I started the Regimen. And I just wanted to know if the Cetaphil moisturizer will work for this regimen? And also..can someone PLEASE tell me that i'll see improvement later because I feel like my skin is getting worse, it's breaking out even more, and people keep on saying that my hyperpigmentation is getting DARKER... And i ALSO feel like that i'm gonna have to go through A LOT of bullying and judgment on my skin in order to get clear skin. I feel like that's the challenge for this regimen...SO can someone please help me?...I really need someone that I can message anytime to get answers and help, and ESPECIALLY someone who'll make me feel better...Thanks you guys/:

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/22/2014 9:17 pm

Speaking from experience, I'm on my 5th week now and the situation doesn't look very bright for me honestly (hopefully it's different for you cuz you have different skin). My face still burns almost every night after I apply BP (only 2.5% btw) which usually subsides after an hour or so. My old acne is slightly improving while every other day or so I'd get a new pimple. I wash my face only once now with a cleanser and the second time with just water cuz my face gets really dry (even though I moisturize), I used to wash it twice with the cleanser. One mistake I made that you should DEFINITELY avoid is that I started out too fast. I would use a face wash with Salicylic acid twice a day and a moisturizer with 0.5% Salicylic acid twice a day, and apply BP once a day. My face burned a lot and it was red (as if I got sunburned) to the point where I had to stop for a few days to recover.

The hardest part I would say is the beginning because you're so ambitious and impatient and want to see results right away. But the more you get into it (even if you're not seeing results), the easier it gets, the more you understand how your skin works and that it takes time and you start being more patient. Your skin should also get used to the BP in the coming weeks without much drying or burning that you may experience at first (I guess my skin isn't used to it yet). This probably didn't make you feel any better, but it's better to know the harsh truth than to live a hopeful lie

But once again, your skin might be different.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/23/2014 8:50 am

Haha thank you for the advice. But you're supposed to do the regimen precisely so be careful! You might wanna start using the cleanser twice a day and not just water!

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:01 am

Using harsh chemicals on the skin usually does not clear acne, no matter how hard you try to believe otherwise. It just doesn't work like that. All BP does is kill a bit of bacteria and cause dry skin. Acne is really not a bacteria problem anyway, everyone has p acnes bacteria, even people who don't have acne.

The cause of acne is typically stress related, sometimes with sexual difficulties. People who lack sex often get acne for example... It's sexual frustration that causes hormones to get out of whack which shows up on the skin. No topical will compensate in this example.

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/23/2014 12:20 pm

Using harsh chemicals on the skin usually does not clear acne, no matter how hard you try to believe otherwise. It just doesn't work like that. All BP does is kill a bit of bacteria and cause dry skin. Acne is really not a bacteria problem anyway, everyone has p acnes bacteria, even people who don't have acne.

The cause of acne is typically stress related, sometimes with sexual difficulties. People who lack sex often get acne for example... It's sexual frustration that causes hormones to get out of whack which shows up on the skin. No topical will compensate in this example.

lol ok, and we're supposed to take the word of one guy on the internet as opposed to the millions of others (including researchers on this subject) who say otherwise?

Haha thank you for the advice. But you're supposed to do the regimen precisely so be careful! You might wanna start using the cleanser twice a day and not just water!

I can't because that will dry/irritate my skin, and dryness/irritation = more acne (according to Dan)

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 12:52 pm

lol ok, and we're supposed to take the word of one guy on the internet as opposed to the millions of others (including researchers on this subject) who say otherwise?

Millions of others who say what exactly? If you mean they say using harsh chemicals on the skin treats acne, then they are wrong, evident from the millions of people who say they've tried every single topical under the sun yet still have acne!

People are being held back from treating their condition due to these same so-called 'researchers' and 'experts' who actually know very little about anything. Well actually I tell a lie, they know how to make money from people's naivety.

If you want to treat acne, fine. As long as you understand it usually has nothing whatsoever to do with bacteria at all and most products you apply to the skin simply will not even touch the surface of acne.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/23/2014 12:57 pm

Uh guys....I posted this so I can get HELP AND SUPPORT. Way to go.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:03 pm

The majority of people are not going to be able to treat their acne from topical 'medication'. Until people realize this reality, the condition will remain. Buying topicals has become an obsession for most people because it is the only thing they know to do. There does come a point however when one must realize that it does not matter what you put on your skin, it will not work. It can be a tough psychological barrier to break, but just think about how much time, effort and money you've put into treating acne with topicals and yet you're still stuck with it, probably worse in some cases.

Lifestyle changes must be made if you want to treat acne. There is no easy route.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:06 pm

Ok....then how come millions of people who have used this regimen end up with clear skin?

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:40 pm

Ok....then how come millions of people who have used this regimen end up with clear skin?

Millions of people? I don't think so.

For some people, it works for a few months before the acne returns. For some other people, it doesn't work at all. For yet some more people, it makes their acne worse. And finally for a small selection of people, it works, whilst having to maintain it of course.

The point being, it generally does not work for the majority. There is nothing wrong with Dan's BP, it just happens to be a decent 2.5% product for use by those who it does work for. Most people will not be able to clear up their acne with BP or any other topical for that matter. After all, you do have to put a bit of effort in every day, and when the results don't materialize, well people come away very disappointed. Yes by all means try it, you might be lucky, but don't bank on anything.

For the majority of people, there is no magic cream, gel or lotion that will treat acne.

And finally, you can research pretty much any ingredient or product and find someone who claims it worked for them. I am not at all suprised that some people have reported success wiping their own urine on their face. That's not to say their face didn't clear up whilst using urine, but rather their acne cleared up by some other mechanism, for example a reduction in stress and had nothing whatsoever to do with urine.

Acne is usually not a bacteria problem and most things you apply to your skin will do absolutely nothing to help. At best, they remove surface contaminants, grease, dead skin cells etc. The problem is that the acne did not start on the surface of the skin in the first place.

Acne is usually stress related which affects hormones. Unless you can find what area in life you are not content with, it will show up on your face.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:00 pm

This person 'purplesky' comments on a lot of the posts and the comments are usually negative or bashing other people's opinions and suggestions. Not sure why they feel they are an authority on anything!

Stay positive poster. My daughter has had acne for about 5 years and has tried all the usual over the counter products and she has even been on birth control for a year and it made no difference. So contrary to what 'purplesky' said her acne is NOT hormonal. She started the Regimen last fall and is now 90% clear and very happy with the results. You need to follow the Regimen pretty closely and not use any other products that could irritate your skin. If you want to see a list of gentle non irritating products look at a website called www.paulaschoice.com for a good reference ads they rate all brands of products. You need to be a bit patient with the Regimen even thought that can be hard as my daughter didn't start to see results until about 3 months of use but now at six months she is virtually clear.

Sure it doesn't work for everyone but it does work for A LOT of people.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:15 pm

Stay positive poster.

Good luck!

Yes, remaining positive and having good luck is about the only thing one has.

I haven't quoted your full post intentionally. I did not say your daughter wasn't suffering from acne due to hormones. Most people with acne do suffer due to hormones however. And whilst I truly hope your daughter does stay clear, I will say 6 months is no time at all to confirm that something will continue to work several more months out. Time and time again I have seen people go back to their original condition after many months. It's the same with antidepressants, they work.... until they don't.

This person 'purplesky' comments on a lot of the posts and the comments are usually negative or bashing other people's opinions and suggestions. Not sure why they feel they are an authority on anything!

Sure it doesn't work for everyone but it does work for A LOT of people.

Good luck!

Ok, well i'm going to quote this bit and comment. I am not bashing other people's opinions and suggestions at all. I'm just being real. I work in dermatology and I know what works and what doesn't. BP has a very low success rate in the people I see each day. If a dermatologist can't tell you that most topical treatments will not work on acne, then I really don't know what else to say. Let me tell you, the acne business is BIG. It's real easy to make good money in this field because it's easy to exploit people. It shows.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:16 pm

I just wonder why you continue to make negative and counter productive comments on this site.

You act like you are an authority on the subject however from the information you spew you clearly are not.

We are trying to support and help people by sharing information and no one needs you constantly being negative.

Kindly go somewhere else to get attention.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:22 pm

I just wonder why you continue to make negative and counter productive comments on this site.

You act like you are an authority on the subject however from the information you spew you clearly are not.

We are trying to support and help people by sharing information and no one needs you constantly being negative.

Kindly go somewhere else to get attention.

I'm quite free to be here. Just because you don't like what you read doesn't mean to say others feel the same way.

It's about time people actually woke up to smell the coffee. What more and more people are disappointed with are people like you

coming in with the old 'my daughter cleared up' routine, you will too. Evidently, most people do not clear up and you add nothing with your 'success' story. There are other posts where people have claimed their own urine cleared them up. What next, dog shit helped cure their acne?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:24 pm

Aim higher dude.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:52 pm

Ok I swear purplesky or whatever your name is, stop acting like a jerk and just leave this website if all you're going to do is give horrible advice.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/23/2014 3:56 pm

To the OP... hang in there. It's tough in the early weeks and can seem like a lot of ups and downs. One day your skin is looking better, the next day it seems bad again. The regimen may not be a perfect system but I think it's better than most anything else out there. My sons have struggled with acne for a few years and tried a lot of drugstore remedies as well as Differin and Retin A, and the best results they have gotten is from the regimen. It does take a few months before you will see consistent results. Try tweaking your routine if you are frustrated, possibly using less BP, maybe trying just once a day, etc. Sometimes finding the right balance is key. And look through the Gallery of pics of people who have had success, that helps a lot!

And don't pay much attention to people who come on here with silly comments, esp negative ones.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:13 pm

Ok I swear purplesky or whatever your name is, stop acting like a jerk and just leave this website if all you're going to do is give horrible advice.

I'm sorry you don't like to hear the truth. I'll let you get back to your sure fire methods of dealing with acne, the same methods that incidentally don't work for 95% of people.

MemberMember
(@hazellove830)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:28 pm

My experience with the regimen has been fabulous! I am 36 years old and have suffered from acne since I was 12! I have been on Accutane, retin A, too many topicals to count! Well I decided to try the regimen about 3 weeks ago. I didn't use Dan's products. My results have been phenomenal! I never went through the getting worse thing. I was clear within 2 weeks. Here's what I use:

Cleanser: Baby wash from Aldi (2 bucks)

Benzoyl peroxide: Acne Free Terminator from Dollar Tree (1 dollar)

Moisturizer: I made it at home with pure shea butter, coconut oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil.

My skin feels like my 2 year old daughter's!

Good luck to you. Oh and BTW, the Terminator from Dollar Tree is 10% benzoyl peroxide.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/23/2014 6:29 pm

okay you know what, you just made my day even worse and if the regimen doesn't work for me, then whatever, i have a Plan B and for all these negative comments, I'm going to take you with me to hell, purplesky.

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:00 pm

okay you know what, you just made my day even worse and if the regimen doesn't work for me, then whatever, i have a Plan B and for all these negative comments, I'm going to take you with me to hell, purplesky.

If the regimen doesn't work for you: Accutane

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:36 pm

Please don't give up on the regimen after only one week. Most people don't see results for a couple of months. I know it is frustrating when you don't see results immediately but try and stay positive. It may work for you if you can stick with it a bit longer.

Just my opinion.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 03/24/2014 6:51 am

Thanks you guys for the good advice! ;D