Notifications
Clear all

Getting More And More Spots On Neck - Why?

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 03/21/2014 10:09 pm

Hi guys,

For years, my acne was mostly around my nose, mouth and chin area, though now I'm starting to get more and more spots on my neck and just under the jawline. Most of them are fairly large, too.

I haven't changed anything when it comes to eating/exercise habits etc.

Any idea why this change would happen? I'm 24 and have been suffering from acne for around 10 years.

Thanks for your help!

MemberMember
(@polyester-girl)

Posted : 03/22/2014 2:08 am

I had a similar thing a few years ago, and I remember it specially because it was so weird and random. I've had acne on my face for ages, but never on my neck. So when I broke out massively on my neck I had no idea why. For me I though it was just that my hair was getting longer, so I tied it up when I could. I also held a warm wet washcloth on my neck for a good 10 minutes or until it went cold, then washed my neck as I would my face. By doing that it went away within about 3 weeks. And I have never had any acne on my neck since, 3 years from then. Strange. But hopefully it's the same for you. I get that you're a guy and probably don't have the hair problem, but I would suggest just treating it as you would your normal acne.

Why it would happen, I'm not too sure. I didn't change my diet either. I can only guess that having acne for such a long period of time, it is bound to show up in weird places now and then.

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 03/22/2014 10:49 am

I had a similar thing a few years ago, and I remember it specially because it was so weird and random. I've had acne on my face for ages, but never on my neck. So when I broke out massively on my neck I had no idea why. For me I though it was just that my hair was getting longer, so I tied it up when I could. I also held a warm wet washcloth on my neck for a good 10 minutes or until it went cold, then washed my neck as I would my face. By doing that it went away within about 3 weeks. And I have never had any acne on my neck since, 3 years from then. Strange. But hopefully it's the same for you. I get that you're a guy and probably don't have the hair problem, but I would suggest just treating it as you would your normal acne.

Why it would happen, I'm not too sure. I didn't change my diet either. I can only guess that having acne for such a long period of time, it is bound to show up in weird places now and then.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm a guy with short hair so that's not the problem, plus I've been washing my neck too like I do my face...we'll see, maybe it will just subside.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/22/2014 12:04 pm

This happened to me after I stopped taking erythromycin about a year ago. I suddenly got lots of large painful spots under my chin and on my neck. Previously it was just on my chin and around my nose and on the side of my cheeks. Not sure why :(

MemberMember
(@ross2012)

Posted : 03/22/2014 4:22 pm

This happened to me after I stopped taking erythromycin about a year ago. I suddenly got lots of large painful spots under my chin and on my neck. Previously it was just on my chin and around my nose and on the side of my cheeks. Not sure why

I took erythromycin too...wonder if it's a byproduct of that.