Notifications
Clear all

How To Improve Skin Texture?

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:20 am

Those who have acne under control might have some useful suggestions

Even with no acne, I have noticed that the texture of my skin is very rough, visible pores. Has anyone noticed benefits of something specific which makes facial skin smoother, nicer looking and pores small?

Something in the diet?

Oil cleansing or any masks?

They only time I noticed an incredible improvement in my skin texture was when I had a short stint on Accutane. My skin became plump and glowing. I could go makeup free easily. I'm wondering if it's the vitamin A. But carrot juice for e.g. doesn't seem to have an effect of the same extent.

What do you think?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:35 am

I would oil cleanse. Or just water, then moisturizer with safflower oil. Or make a concoction with aloe Vera, oil, and whatever else you want such as turmeric, niacinimide, etc

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:36 pm

thank you alternativista!

MemberMember
(@lanadelrey)

Posted : 03/21/2014 2:02 pm

Well if you have any skin-coloured bumps (whiteheads) i recommend using a BHA. Make sure it's atleast 1% but try to get 2% as this will work far better and also, the most important thing, make sure it's formulated at the right ph between 3-4. Any higher and the acid will not exfoliate the skin. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find products at the right ph formulation but Paula's choice have some good BHA products that are at the right ph. They're a bight pricey though. AHAs can do a good job too but if large pores are a problem, i recommend BHA

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/21/2014 4:39 pm

Those who have acne under control might have some useful suggestions

Even with no acne, I have noticed that the texture of my skin is very rough, visible pores. Has anyone noticed benefits of something specific which makes facial skin smoother, nicer looking and pores small?

Something in the diet?

Oil cleansing or any masks?

They only time I noticed an incredible improvement in my skin texture was when I had a short stint on Accutane. My skin became plump and glowing. I could go makeup free easily. I'm wondering if it's the vitamin A. But carrot juice for e.g. doesn't seem to have an effect of the same extent.

What do you think?

Is your skin rough as in bumpiness, dryness, or both?

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 03/22/2014 4:40 am

@michelle yes bumpiness, mostly from remaining white and black heads, visible pores. I have oily skin