Still Getting New A...

Notifications
Clear all

Still Getting New Acne After 1 Month, Help?

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:12 am

I've been on the regimen for one month, washing my face twice a day with a cleanser and moisturizing after, and using Epiduo (2.5% BP) once a day, but I'm still getting new acne, why?? It's been a month already and I haven't even noticed my old acne (before I started) getting any better too (maybe slightly), I'm still getting at least 1 new pimple everyday which usually goes away in few days, but more come back. I know people are going to tell me 'just be patient' and 'it will get better', but what I read from the week 4 of the regimen is 'Skin is looking very good. No new acne is forming, but red spots from old acne may still remain.' but that's not what's happening, am I doing something wrong? can someone help please? Thank you.

my cleanser: http://www.acne.org/cetaphil-oily-skin-cleanser-reviews-1452/

my moisturizer: http://www.acne.org/clean-clear-dual-action-moisturizer-oil-free-reviews-46/ and Aveeno Daily moisturizing lotion

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:29 pm

This is extremely common, when I used the regimen I didn't notice the massive results until around week 8 and they REALLY came at week 10. Like you I actually had a slight worsening for the first weeks... but just keep on using it!

The cleanser I've heard great things about, but that moisturizer contains salicylic acid which in combination with the BP you're already using is probably not doing your skin any favors. It alone is actually quite harsh on the skin. I would suggest switching to a more gentle moisturizer, people claim that the cetaphil one is also quite good!

Keep it up! You're still in those early weeks~

Flopus liked
MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:41 pm

Thanks for replying, but I've heard that using some Salicylic acid (0.5% in the moisturizer) in combination with BP usually yields slightly better results especially with a low percentage of BP (I'm using 2.5%). And I just started using the cleanser only once a day, and the washing my face with just water the second time to stop the dryness/irritation, since my face has been dry ever since I started the regimen (even though I apply these 2 moisturizers) which might contribute to the new acne I'm getting every day.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 03/20/2014 1:02 pm

I feel like the SA moisturizer really contributes to the dryness.. the regimen is already very drying on the skin to begin with. Personally I would stick with cleansing twice a day and then switch to a better/more gentle moisturizer. The regimen in itself is plenty effective given you put the time in for it to work... I find the biggest issue is the irritation, so it's crucial to not use any extra drying products, and to intensively moisturize the skin.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/20/2014 1:24 pm

Most people don't see positive results after only a month (despite what the website may say).

My daughter's skin got worse the first 6 weeks and did not improve until almost 3 months after she started the Regimen. It has been 6 months for her and finally her skin looks great. So if you see NO improvement by 3 months then you might want to change things but otherwise hang in there!

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/20/2014 2:52 pm

Ok, but I was also wondering, can I apply the BP AFTER applying the moisturizer (and after cleansing of course)?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/20/2014 3:48 pm

I'm pretty sure you can just wait 10-15 minutes between the applications so it has a chance to be absorbed.