Discouraged And Con...

Notifications
Clear all

Discouraged And Confused

MemberMember
(@lifeblows)

Posted : 03/20/2014 6:48 am

Ok. I've been on the regimen for about 3 months now. I'm been using neutrogena's ultra gentle foaming face wash, Dan's BP and aveeno lotion. I had insurance last year and was using a tropical gel called clindamycin but my dad lost his job and I lost my insurance :( so anyways My face isn't clearing up!!!!!! I have a grip of white heads on my cheeks and chin :,( to make it worst I'm a picker but I'm trying to kill that habit, kind of hard though when you have 30 white heads on each cheek and you can feel them poking out as your washing your face.... Ugh please someone help me!! How do I defeat this white heads!! I cant even look in the mirror when I do my hair, I feel so hideous i don't like standing close to anybody in fear that they will be staring at me acne >.< advice or some support would be greatly appreciate!! ... Oh and plz don't ask me to post a pic. I can't stand pictures either... Thanx to anyone who read

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:17 pm

If you are still breaking out regularly you should switch your moisturizer, possibly cleanser too. Something isn't working. Also, try to stick to a healthy diet and make sure you are not eating anything or taking any supplements that could be increasing acne.

MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:23 pm

Stay strong! I know the struggle!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:25 pm

Aveeno lotion made my daughter break out too. So maybe try another moisturizer and see if it helps. Cetaphil makes a moisturizer that is for sensitive skin, it has spf 15 and is non comedogenic and you can get it at the drugstore. Just a suggestion.

Try and resist picking (I know it can be hard!) as that can make it worse.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lifeblows)

Posted : 03/21/2014 5:45 pm

I don't really use that much lotion because my face is extremely oily. What kind of moisture or cleanser would you reccomend? Should I use more BP or cut back? .....btw I picked... I just couldn't take it anymore and unleashed hell!! So now my face is severely sore. I regret it now

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/21/2014 7:58 pm

How much BP are you using?

Have you looked at your diet? Do you drink a lot of milk or eat a lot of sugary food?

Do you take any vitamins?

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:54 pm

i know bro i feel you i can tell you that your emotion are getting to you i been there.

I been using all products on and off notthing seem to work, i lost hope.

I been using this brand SIMPLE <------ Brand

Its been good so far i got the foaming cleanser ( Foaming Cleanser are good if you got oily skin )

I all so use The SPF 15

Their products contain non irritating ingredients

THe use pro vitamin B5 and other like to calm your skin and stuff :)

Vitamin B5 helps acne and these to product had made a change of my life :)

I also use this scrub from St.Ives oatmeal mask, i use it as mask to get rid of dead skin works wonders.

i got this products under 25 dollars :)

Just stay positive, live a healthy live style i promise you it will make great changes :)

MemberMember
(@lifeblows)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:02 pm

I use a full fingers length and I use it twice a day. Actually I' have been eating a lot of fast food lately. No milk, the last time I had cereal I Swear the milk gave me cramps and I couldn't sleep all nite. I mite be lactose intolaret. But that's a whole different issue. I dont take any vitamins. Never knew which ones would speicfically help my skin. I remember consulting my doctor(when I had one) about which ones I should take since I'm not a healthy eating. She said I should just keep trying to improve my diet.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:33 pm

If you are still breaking out regularly you should switch your moisturizer, possibly cleanser too. Something isn't working. Also, try to stick to a healthy diet and make sure you are not eating anything or taking any supplements that could be increasing acne.

Something isn't working so it's most likely the moisturizer and/or cleanser? Hmm, you have some weird logic there. It couldn't possibly be the fact the BP simply isn't working now, could it?

The healthy diet is about the only thing you wrote that could possibly help acne, but not cure it.

The best thing people can do once you've been told they tried BP for 3 months and it didn't work is to SHUT UP. You're just going to cost people more time and money for something that was never going to work for them from the outset.

OP: drop the BP. It was a gamble, it didn't pay. Discover why you are getting acne and deal with it.

MemberMember
(@lifeblows)

Posted : 03/23/2014 6:36 pm

I never said it didn't work. It pushes the nasty stuff to the sureface an then it just resides there or heals into a black spot or another pimple.Okay look my acne is persistant. It will being to clear and then BAM INFLAME AGAIN. I believe it's the moistureiser.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/23/2014 8:17 pm

OP: drop the BP. It was a gamble, it didn't pay. Discover why you are getting acne and deal with it.

MemberMember
(@kck182)

Posted : 03/25/2014 12:58 am

Can you get a facial and professional extractions? Picking (I know you know) causes more acne by spreading the bacteria to other spots and further irritating the skin and pores. Learning to pop them correctly helps if you just can't avoid touching your skin. Re read the instructions and see if you are following the steps as explained. Also make sure, once you switch your moisturizer, to use enough. You are oily because your skin needs more hydration. Hydrated skin is not as irritated.