How Bad Is My Acne?

Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Is My Acne?

MemberMember
(@niven5)

Posted : 03/20/2014 5:16 am

Hey guys I need you to tell If I have to take pills to make this dissapear or that even gels and lotions may help. It's very important for me because I'm very active and it's almost summer and I live in a hot country.

Thanks guys.

(It's me in the picture below)

post-381406-0-90891900-1395310440.jpg

post-381406-0-90891900-1395310440.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:19 am

trending towards moderate, but looks like no scarring cysts and mild hyperpigmentation, so those are big pluses

you would likely do well on the regimine here, with the AHA tossed in

and maybe a swipe during the mid afternoon if your skin gets oily with salicylic acid pads- keep your pillowcases and towels changed frequently too

MemberMember
(@niven5)

Posted : 03/20/2014 8:24 am

trending towards moderate, but looks like no scarring cysts and mild hyperpigmentation, so those are big pluses

you would likely do well on the regimine here, with the AHA tossed in

and maybe a swipe during the mid afternoon if your skin gets oily with salicylic acid pads- keep your pillowcases and towels changed frequently too

Thanks man, appriciate this.

By the way, I do have scars but it's hard to see them through this photo.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/21/2014 5:59 am

they must be slight rolling scars, but get your acne under control first then you can deal with those- I have them too and have been doing my own derma stamp routine (after fraxels got me a good head start)....check out the owndoc.com forum to read up on options

but acne under controle first, get a routine that works for you....and I'm jealous of the impending heat, I live in New York State and we've had one of the coldest (and would appear to be going for the longest award as well) winters ever

you can also make your own cleansing/refreshing pads if you find yourself oily in the afternoon....take a clean container and fill it with cotton pad rounds (you can get them here in drugstores) and make your own mixture....use distilled water to get you down to the right strength for salicylic acid for example, and add witch hazel or pure aloe, whatever you want....

good luck to you! there is hope but it takes work, be a detective to find out what works for you and don't give up!