Notifications
Clear all

Help A Guy Out

MemberMember
(@beautifulperseverance619)

Posted : 03/19/2014 4:44 pm

Hey Ladies,

I was looking to get advice on what you to use on straightened hair. I just recently straightened it, for the first time ever, (I have long, curly hair), and I'm looking for advice on proper maintenance. What do you use? I must say I really Dig the longer hair look and should have done this a long time ago. Thanks, to those who respond. BP

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/19/2014 5:00 pm

I'm a guy and I have straightened my hair for about 6 years now :D

What straighteners do you use? GHDs are the only thing that keeps my hair straight all day.

Just make sure you use a good heat protector (not tresemme as it is bad for your hair) and then a serum to protect the hair and keep it straight.

MemberMember
(@sdpinkas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 5:15 pm

I use Wen cleansing conditioner. I stay away from the harsh chemicals, and sulfates which can damage your hair further, especially if you chemically straighten your hair. Also, using a heat protector is very important as well for when you straighten with a hot tool. Wen has a styling creme in their line that is good for heat protecting. Add back shine with oils!

MemberMember
(@beautifulperseverance619)

Posted : 03/19/2014 5:19 pm

^ I use something very similar. It was just lying around, and I just thought, "what the heck".? Do you have any recommendations for both Serum and Protector?

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/20/2014 2:32 pm

Kerstase elixir oil is the best serum you will ever come across. It's not cheap but it lasts forever.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 04/25/2014 9:25 pm

I use this soy and wheat spray! I have wavy/curly hair and it seems to make it dry straighter!