Notifications
Clear all

Redness On Scar For Long Time

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 03/19/2014 1:48 pm

This area on my cheek (picture) has now become red and has been so back and forth for the past 2-3 years. It is no acne but I am afraid if it will make my scars deeper.

Right now I use a Paulas Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser ( http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/_/CLEAR-Pore-Normalizing-Cleanser/ ) + Banana Boat Aloe Vera After sun or Aminoderm with amino acid complex to moisturize.

What can I do for it to stabilize and get rid of the redness?

Thanks.

post-207079-0-53366000-1395254678.jpg

post-207079-0-53366000-1395254678.jpg

MemberMember
(@sdpinkas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 3:09 pm

Personally, I have really fair sensitive skin, and "redness" shows up really easily, especially around my mouth. Try using a chemical exfoliant! A physical exfoliant (like a scrub) will only cause more irritation and redness. Use a gylcolic acid, I use Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner on a cotton pad. It helps with hyper pigmentation and redness. Also, you might have sensitive roseca prone skin, try using calming products for roseca, and drink lots of water!

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 03/19/2014 8:57 pm

Personally, I have really fair sensitive skin, and "redness" shows up really easily, especially around my mouth. Try using a chemical exfoliant! A physical exfoliant (like a scrub) will only cause more irritation and redness. Use a gylcolic acid, I use Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner on a cotton pad. It helps with hyper pigmentation and redness. Also, you might have sensitive roseca prone skin, try using calming products for roseca, and drink lots of water!

Hi sdpinkas,

I have used AHA and it didn't work for me. I will check up calming products for rosecaea, thanks!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:27 pm

just use a tinted moisturizer

MemberMember
(@sdpinkas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:41 pm

Hi again. Have you heard of Perioral Dermatitis (POD skin condition)? I don't know much about it, but I know someone who has it. From what I know, its a condition that causes redness/blotchiness on the skin. The reasons are unknown. But try researching it, and if it sounds like what you are experiencing, talk to a dermatologist.