Notifications
Clear all

Spectra Laser! Please Help

MemberMember
(@rohpas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 2:26 am

Hi

I underwent a spectra laser procedure recently but I forgot to mention to my derm that I had SPF moisturiser on during the treatment. Will this in any way damage my skin or prolong healing? Nothing major seems to have happened so far but I'm really scared.

Any help is really appreciated.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/19/2014 8:37 am

i cant see why that would have mattered at all so don't worry one bit. i am surprised they wouldnt have cleaned your skin before the laser or anything but you will be fine. just relax and let the skin heal now.

MemberMember
(@enoughisenough29)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:13 am

Hi

I underwent a spectra laser procedure recently but I forgot to mention to my derm that I had SPF moisturiser on during the treatment. Will this in any way damage my skin or prolong healing? Nothing major seems to have happened so far but I'm really scared.

Any help is really appreciated.

The fact your derm didnt cleanse your skin ( should be done before ANY laser procedure) tells me he/she is the one in the wrong.

MemberMember
(@rohpas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:31 am

i cant see why that would have mattered at all so don't worry one bit. i am surprised they wouldnt have cleaned your skin before the laser or anything but you will be fine. just relax and let the skin heal now.

Thank you so much Tracy! I just spoke to my derm too and he said no problem at all unless it's a heavy sunscreen preventing the laser from penetrating. He said the same thing that you did: that it really doesn't matter. So no real harm done! Thank goodness

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:51 am

great news! keep us updated on your healing and i hope you get great results :)

MemberMember
(@rohpas)

Posted : 03/23/2014 7:55 am

great news! keep us updated on your healing and i hope you get great results

Than you so much Tracy. you can read my detailed Accutane log here. I'm 2 months away from completing my treatment.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/338796-skin-recovering-rapidly-40mg-accutane-log/