Notifications
Clear all

Does Acne Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?

MemberMember
(@spottyjames)

Posted : 03/18/2014 1:38 pm

Hi,

I'm a 15 year old lad and constantly paranoid of the thought that I have cancer. After reading up about lymph nodes there seems to be no reason why I should have any at this present moment. I suffered with tonsillitis around 4 months ago so I expected them then but I have had these swollen Lymph nodes for a long time, over a year. Does any body else suffer from them? I have one above my collar bone, about pea sized, hard and moveable. I also have another on the right side of my neck, about the size of a kidney bean, softer than the other but still moveable.

Thanks for your help.

James

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/18/2014 11:35 pm

Yes. Actually it was because of my swollen lymph nodes caused by my severe facial acne (at the time) that revealed I had a tumor growing in my parotid gland. They gave me an ultrasound around my neck for the swollen nodes and accidentally found the tumor in my left parotid gland (which was incredibly small, under 1.5 centimeters) it never would have been found so soon if it wasn't for the acne causing y lumph nodes to swell which lead me to receive the referral.

MemberMember
(@spottyjames)

Posted : 03/19/2014 2:22 am

Yes. Actually it was because of my swollen lymph nodes caused by my severe facial acne (at the time) that revealed I had a tumor growing in my parotid gland. They gave me an ultrasound around my neck for the swollen nodes and accidentally found the tumor in my left parotid gland (which was incredibly small, under 1.5 centimeters) it never would have been found so soon if it wasn't for the acne causing y lumph nodes to swell which lead me to receive the referral.

Okay thanks, do you still think it's worth getting checked out? What would of happened if they didn't find the tumor when they did?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/19/2014 8:12 pm

Cancerous lymph nose will usually feel very hard like a rock. I doubt you have cancer. Lymph nodes can swell from random things. I get swollen lymph nodes from time to time too.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:49 pm

Cancerous lymph nose will usually feel very hard like a rock. I doubt you have cancer. Lymph nodes can swell from random things. I get swollen lymph nodes from time to time too.

Not true. Cancerous lymph nodes can vary in size and texture, some are ductile and soft while others are fim and unmoveable, they are often painless too. Regardless of the cause a persistant swollen lymph node should always be given an FNA.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:43 pm

Not true. Cancerous lymph nodes can vary in size and texture, some are ductile and soft while others are fim and unmoveable, they are often painless too. Regardless of the cause a persistant swollen lymph node should always be given an FNA.

Ok, I know there are exceptions to the rule, but they are more likely to be harder in texture.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:01 am

Ok, I know there are exceptions to the rule, but they are more likely to be harder in texture.

No. Any lymp node that stays up for longer than two months is suspicious (ask any ENT or Onocologist) the texture means nothing.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/20/2014 8:01 am

Infections cause swollen lymph nodes

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:12 pm

If your worried about cancer try a course of ESSIAC a four herb mixture given to a nurse from Canada by a native American medicine man in the early 1900's , this mixture is so powerful it has cured many of stage 4 cancer , or Rick Simpson's hemp oil just two of many natural cures for cancer and.... if you ever get diagnosed with cancer please do not even think about chemo or radiation even oncologists would not treat themselves or a family member with allopathic cancer treatments because they know they are highly toxic and will most likely spread the cancer and weaken the patients immune system , let's just say it's all bad.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:18 am

If your worried about cancer try a course of ESSIAC a four herb mixture given to a nurse from Canada by a native American medicine man in the early 1900's , this mixture is so powerful it has cured many of stage 4 cancer , or Rick Simpson's hemp oil just two of many natural cures for cancer and.... if you ever get diagnosed with cancer please do not even think about chemo or radiation even oncologists would not treat themselves or a family member with allopathic cancer treatments because they know they are highly toxic and will most likely spread the cancer and weaken the patients immune system , let's just say it's all bad.

Essiac has no proof that it works. You're advocating unproven and potentially dangerous assumptions.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:11 am

Neither natural or conventional methods can "cure' cancer. What you're suggesting disturbs me, you obviously have never dealt with cancer personally.

You seem to buying into this 'U.S Style' type of paranoia where the "government" is deliberately hiding the cure for cancer and a cure can be found in nature. As a Canadian you should know better. People in the U.S only believe that because their healthcare system is a business which makes them distrust their system (it's either cough up thousands of dollars for medicine or die down there). Many people in the united states can not even afford to get chemotherapy, we have it so much better in Canada.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:10 am

Really , then why would 85 % of oncologists recently surveyed in the UK refuse to treat themselves or a loved ones with chemotherapy or radiation and natural cancer cures do work I personally know of a few friends who have cured themselves some where stage 4, Cancer is big business fact . And poisoning the body and thus destroying the immune system is no way to heal and cure you have a lot to learn. Btw Accutane is a chemotherapy drug too first used for cancer treatment then cross marketed to treat harmless pimples once they discovered that some cancer patients had there acne reduced and of course it is TOXIC too and can cause a whole laundry list of permanent side effects.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:37 am

Goggle.... Chemotherapy myth shattered: Toxic drugs cause more cancer than they prevent.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/21/2014 10:18 am

I can't imagine not treating cancer with chemotherapy or other traditional treatments O_O. I have been to a lecture at MD Anderson Cancer Center about alternative therapies and they only suggested using them along with traditional treatments.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/21/2014 3:42 pm

Neither natural or conventional methods can "cure' cancer. What you're suggesting disturbs me, you obviously have never dealt with cancer personally.

You seem to buying into this 'U.S Style' type of paranoia where the "government" is deliberately hiding the cure for cancer and a cure can be found in nature. As a Canadian you should know better. People in the U.S only believe that because their healthcare system is a business which makes them distrust their system (it's either cough up thousands of dollars for medicine or die down there). Many people in the united states can not even afford to get chemotherapy, we have it so much better in Canada.

The healthcare system wasn't actually that bad before ACA. The people who had trouble getting medical care were drug addicts, those who received burns and injuries from making illegal drugs, or in poverty. The medical care expenses are worsened by the laws prohibiting insurance company competition across state lines, the lawsuit-crazy people, general inflation, bureaucratic inefficiency, and the value-added taxes in certain states.

Part of the business paranoia stems from the pervasive alternative medicine communities. There are several in Oregon and Washington, and from what I hear the sentiment is worst there.

But yes, I do agree with you on the cancer part.

Really , then why would 85 % of oncologists recently surveyed in the UK refuse to treat themselves or a loved ones with chemotherapy or radiation and natural cancer cures do work I personally know of a few friends who have cured themselves some where stage 4, Cancer is big business fact . And poisoning the body and thus destroying the immune system is no way to heal and cure you have a lot to learn. Btw Accutane is a chemotherapy drug too first used for cancer treatment then cross marketed to treat harmless pimples once they discovered that some cancer patients had there acne reduced and of course it is TOXIC too and can cause a whole laundry list of permanent side effects.

Citations needed.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 03/22/2014 2:54 am

You start to worry when they are painless, not tender, and on opposite sides of the body (with late stage cancers, symptoms usually are present) although it mostly is one sided initially

So your job is to feel them. Are they made worse by alcohol consumption, difficulty swallowing? Night sweats, decreased appetite, lethargy(tired/fatigue), unexplained weight loss.

Exposure to viral infection or bacterial infection in the relative area will cause enlargement. Seen with like a sore throat or cut that is infected.

Questions? Can pm me and i will get back to you as soon as i can. I know when things are not normal it can cause the hair to stand up in the back of your next and your wondering whats wrong, this is normal, and its good of you to notice bodily changes, but lets not over react until you have done some answering of the questions.

Vista is right, but they should NOT be like this for over a year. Not normal. So either its a cyst or something mistaken as a lymph node or it is one. Hard to say without assessment.