Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heard that Microdermabrasion treats minor scarring(Scars that are almost to the Surface Level).

Will the effect on those minor scars will be permanent or a just temperory effect??

Will Microdermabrasion Help in fading PIH i.e.,Facial Redness Due To Acne?

Very good question and I would be interested to know as well. I've been looking into microdermabrasion and it definitely helps with the redness, but in regards to true scars there is are a lot of conflicting opinions. While most people say it did nothing for their pitted scars, those people usually had quite deep pits. My scars are shallow but still indented/textured - they completely disappear when I stretch the skin. So sounds like we have the same types of scars. People say microdermabrasion results are temporary but I don't really get how that works? If it effectively takking off the top layer of skin allowing the new skin to come through, that's the body doing it's job, right? I just don't get how that result can just reverse and go back to the way it was if you don't keep getting treatments. Hopefully someone can explain this.