Notifications
Clear all

Doctor Excited About The New: Picosure Focus Laser

MemberMember
(@progression)

Posted : 03/17/2014 10:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Just would like to get some feedback from a least a few patients regarding the new Picosure Focus Laser. Picosure is heavily marketed as the revolutionary new technology to remove tattoos and less information on actual scar remodeling. My doctor is the only doctor in the entire bay area that has this laser as it is such a new technology.

From website:

Unprecedented innovation in laser technology.

PicoSure is the worlds first and only picosecond aesthetic laser. This unparalleled breakthrough in laser technology delivers ultra-short pulse bursts of energy to the skin in trillionths of a second. Picosecond pulse width is 100 times shorter than nanosecond technology, enabling unmatched photomechanical impact for better clearance with fewer treatments and less fluence. The future is here.

I haven't been on here in a couple of years. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with the new Picosure Focus laser for acne scarring. I'm getting my 3rd round of Mixto and subcision. I had two earlier rounds 2 years ago (read: 2012) I normally follow up with a couple of Genesis Plus treatments to keep an even tone and help with remodeling the scars. (Total procedures resulted in a 30-35% difference fyi) Yes I am happy with the results but of course if technology can result in better results then I'm all for it.

Now, he wants to add this to the gamut of tools of the trade. I've done a few searches online and there's nothing at this forum or real-self.

As always, stay fit, live happy, eat healthy and play often

Cheers

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/17/2014 10:50 pm

How much is it? And What kind of scarring do you have? Did you ever consider dermarolling?

MemberMember
(@progression)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:10 pm

I actually never asked how much it was. I'm assuming around 350-400 without discount. He explains it to me as a "juiced up" GenesisPlus for acne scar revision without downtime and minimal pain. If someone wanted to have no acne scars all the time they could just get the Genesis plus every 5 weeks due to inflammation lol. Again, I use it to even out my complexion after the fractional Co2.

So I know that most of the benefit is coming from the Mixto, especially since he's going to be the most aggressive this 3rd time. I have mostly rolling scars, a few boxcar. My face has been remolded a bit so most my scarring is smeared. Like in the mornings after washing my face you can barely tell there are scars, then the skin relaxes and they become depressed more. It's weird actually. Like if i'm going out to meet someone for a date and want to look my best, I can wash my face then put on "on the spot" and it'll dry my scars tight enough to barely being noticeable at all. I don't do that often because I don't like putting anything but lotion on my face.

I thought about rolling years ago before I started doing co2 lasers. I read through journals some 6 months to 2 years and it seemed like the benefits of all that work and time which didn't seem like very much revision, like 10-15% and most the time I think it's just inflammation that you see the 50-60% improvement. Love to see what happens when someone stops after a month or two as the inflammation dissipates and the scar reappear, I'd rather just let a professional do it. If I'm totally wrong, and there's some great information I've missed the last couple of years on the forum, then by all means, you may state your reasoning.

Good times

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 08/01/2014 7:47 am

From reading this article "PicoSure Focus" is now FDA-Cleared to Treat Acne Scars in the United States.

http://www.firstwordmedtech.com/node/969572?tsid=28&region_id=4

The only place I found that offers this in Southern California(in Beverly Hills) says though it's recommended only for lighter skin types up to Mediterranean or light skin skin Asian/Hispanic skin. They are currently the only place in L.A. County that offers this treatment for acne scars. The prices for 1 treatment on the face is $350. If you buy package of 3 it's $899.

Now I'm getting a different story in Phoenix, Arizona where the Doctor claims it's safe for all skin types and his office is the only place that currently offers it in his City. Price range there goes for 1 treatment $350 for full face and if you buy package of 3 it's $900.

Out in Honolulu Hawaii it's $750 per treatment. Hardly anyone is offering this at this moment as PiCoSure though is quite popular for tattoo removal, But Hopefully it will be the answer to some of our prayers as more Doctors become of aware of this treatment to treat us for our scarring.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 01/15/2015 6:32 am

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/15/2015 2:02 pm

The thing about these lunchtime treatments is that they area hit and miss. I'm not denying the outcome BUT. I, er WE need more proof.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/15/2015 7:31 pm

Damn right the doctor is excited, he's charging mega $$$ for this. Of course he'd be excited