Notifications
Clear all

Digestive Enzymes

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/17/2014 5:37 pm

How do you guys feel about using digestive enzymes? Do you think they can have a negative effect like now allowing your body to produce enough of its own enzymes? Could any foods provide the same function as digestive enzymes? Ever since adding more veggies and fiber to my diet I have terrible bloating, and I'm looking for a solution.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:08 pm

How do you guys feel about using digestive enzymes? Do you think they can have a negative effect like now allowing your body to produce enough of its own enzymes? Could any foods provide the same function as digestive enzymes? Ever since adding more veggies and fiber to my diet I have terrible bloating, and I'm looking for a solution.

I use digestive enzymes frequently (enzymedica's digest spectrum, not digest gold for me). They don't counteract your own body's ability to produce its own enzymes. If you are having digestive issues, your stomach already has problems so enzymes can help.

You may also look into probiotics and/or pepsin on HCL if you have low stomach acid. I briefly tried pepsin & hcl for digestion and it gave me a really flat stomach, but also I think it made my acne a bit worse (detox reaction?). So I just stick with digestive enzymes whenever I stray from my diet, and occasionally probiotics.

It's probably the veggies causing you bloating. Try to pair them up with a bit of starch, like a sweet potato, in addition to the fiber. Or even yogurt if you eat dairy.