Notifications
Clear all

Helpf For My Scars (Pic Included)

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:23 pm

Hello all,

So I had severe cystic acne a few years back as a result of a bad reaction to roaccutane. Now i'm left with many scars. The strange thing is that the scars are only severe on my left cheek, my right cheek's scarring is almost unnoticeable in comparison, so i have only included a picture of my left cheek. The below picture was taken in overcast light at an angle. If i could get some good improvements on my left cheek then i'd be very happy.

post-383615-0-17502000-1395080240.jpg

Anybody have any suggestions to how i can improve these scars? I hate how i feel as if i have to hide myself whenever i go outside and it's bright but overcast weather.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S Just realised how big the picture might look once i post this, to see the full extent of the scars you may need to move back a bit from your screen and turn down the brightness.

post-383615-0-17502000-1395080240.jpg

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/18/2014 7:01 am

You might benefit from using a derma roller or derma stamp.I just started using tattoo needles for my box scars and i am finally seeing some improvements! :)

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 03/18/2014 6:32 pm

You might benefit from using a derma roller or derma stamp.I just started using tattoo needles for my box scars and i am finally seeing some improvements!

Firstly thanks for your reply,

Is needles the first treatment you have attempted? Also are rollers/stamps/needles something you do at home, or do you need a proffesional to do it for you?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/18/2014 10:06 pm

I have not gone to a dermatologist for this because of money.I did my own dermabrasion at home with a nail file.I know!Risky! I used a regular needle for needling and then i tried a derma roller and than the derma stamp.I did see some improvement,but it was not until i tried the tattoo needle that i am really starting to see the scars shrinking! I bought the tattoo needles on ebay for cheep.Someone in this forum recommended them and i thought i would try it.I am so glad that i did! I feel for you and know what you're going through!

Oh..The derma roller and derma stamp i also got on ebay for cheep

I would recommend the tattoo needle for you,but i thought the roller or stamp might be easier since you have a larger area to work with.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/19/2014 6:47 am

I should state the obvious..You are always better going to a doctor to get advice rather than trying this yourself.They would know best what would work for your skin type and type of scars :)

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:05 am

I should state the obvious..You are always better going to a doctor to get advice rather than trying this yourself.They would know best what would work for your skin type and type of scars

I have gone to a dermatologist who i used to go to try and get help for acne. He recommended that I get fraxel with the doctor from this site . The waiting list for a consultation is huge though so i have to wait until september to see her. I think the reason for the huge waiting list is because she's a bit of a celebrity doctor that goes on TV and radio a fair bit.

However after researching fraxel laser on this site and others, i've been having my doubts about it's effectiveness. Seems there are about 10 bad stories for every good story resulting from it.

How long have you been needling for?

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:32 am

I have been needling for over a year.Honestly i think i needled too much and need to leave more time in between.I was needling about once a week.I have read to wait a month after needling.I am starting to think a month is about right because it takes a while for skin to really heal.I am finally seeing some results by waiting and using the tattoo needle.

How much does fraxel cost?

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:57 am

First of all, you dont have to be ashamed of any scars that u got on ur face, i know Society can be harsh sometimes anyway Scars are scars we can't get rid of them .

Personally I wouldh't try any laser treatments etc.. because is just waste of Money and even if they do improve ur scars the difference will be a little. I too, have one scar in one of my cheeks and i always have a feeling that everyone look at my scar, yeah i know is just one but u gotta Live with the scars.

Peace out

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:00 am

I have been needling for over a year.Honestly i think i needled too much and need to leave more time in between.I was needling about once a week.I have read to wait a month after needling.I am starting to think a month is about right because it takes a while for skin to really heal.I am finally seeing some results by waiting and using the tattoo needle.

How much does fraxel cost?

I'm not too sure how much it costs since i haven't had my consultation yet and it varies on the amount of scars. But I've been told it could cost anywhere from just under 1000 euro to three times that amount.

First of all, you dont have to be ashamed of any scars that u got on ur face, i know Society can be harsh sometimes anyway Scars are scars we can't get rid of them .

Personally I wouldh't try any laser treatments etc.. because is just waste of Money and even if they do improve ur scars the difference will be a little. I too, have one scar in one of my cheeks and i always have a feeling that everyone look at my scar, yeah i know is just one but u gotta Live with the scars.

Peace out

Sorry but I think that you're opinion on the matter would be different if you didn't just have only one scar. I would be incredibly happy to just have one or two scars on my face.

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:34 pm

My friend got rid of some of her rolling scars by diet and holistic natural stuff, I am going to start working with her to remove mine and ill lyk how it goes!!!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:35 pm

My friend got rid of some of her rolling scars by diet and holistic natural stuff, I am going to start working with her to remove mine and ill lyk how it goes!!!

Don't waste your time with this Perigon; true acne scars cannot be removed by natural means (esp not diet). You should get a combination of subcision, fractional CO2 lasers, and fillers. Permanent fillers like silicone should be done last, and will have the biggest impact on your rolling scars. Your scars are not bad though.

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/20/2014 1:53 am

I have to agree with 4rmeracneguy on this.. Whoever thinks that can get rid of acne scars through diet... is totally dumbass..

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/20/2014 3:05 am

That's not correct to say. An healthy diet cannot get rid of scars but it can make your skin younger, shinnier and so makes the scars less noticeable and reducess scar tissue.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 03/20/2014 9:45 pm

It's really insulting to tell someone with real acne scars that some holistic mumbo jumbo will heal their scars. I'm convinced it's the same person making several sock puppet accounts to aggravate the rest of the board. I'm sure we kind of have an idea who this person is.

Perigon, I think you would benefit from a series of subcisions and possibly fillers to give you some improvement. Your scars are mainly rolling scars with a smooth, normal textured surface. These type of scars are more amenable to subcision and filler treatment. It may help to do a series of subcisions and see how much permanent improvement you can get before spending money on fillers.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/20/2014 10:20 pm

do subsicion, i got it done for my rolling scars and it helped

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:42 am

actually idk why you guys shut down the idea so fast, I don't like any lasers or surgeries. i know you guys might have had no luck in eating healthier but i am not trying to "piss you guys off" i just joined this community and I'm just trying to post my thoughts. and NO i am not insulting by saying what i believe in because actually it is more than possible, I've been studying the human body and there are so many things that we do not even know. you can't be so closed minded just because you haven't seen anyone else do it doesn't mean its impossible and if you think that way you are already closing the door to that possibility. i am not saying some herb is going to come and make your scars disappear. its about understanding your body, much of our face and brain is connected directly to our stomach, our cells regenerate and new ones come. why do those scars stay there. maybe we are doing something wrong or not providing our body with what we really need. I'm sorry but to put your hope on lasers and crap thats outside of you is not seeing the intelligent body you have in front of you and depending on machines outside of you. our body is perfect, its just most humans don't know how it even works. do you? and why can't it be done with food? lol its almost like some of you don't want it to be true, the answers doesn't have to be only through man made lasers, surgery, fillers, creams and crap, those for ME are all band aid solutions. you should really open up your heart and mind, we don't know anything and anything is possible especially if you knew how smart your body really is. :) you should really start trusting it and loving it more than ever.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:14 am

Haha. Good job, Ellamaria or whatever your real name is. Pretty sure you have a half dozen or more accounts on this board, all spreading the same holistic healing mumbo jumbo crap about curing scars. Yes, the human body is complex, and no, we don't fully understand it. However, science has shown that scars are healed skin. The body is done with that job. Please find a new hobby, off of the scar board.

To the OP, I agree that subcision and fillers would improve your scars. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:07 am

Haha. Good job, Ellamaria or whatever your real name is. Pretty sure you have a half dozen or more accounts on this board, all spreading the same holistic healing mumbo jumbo crap about curing scars. Yes, the human body is complex, and no, we don't fully understand it. However, science has shown that scars are healed skin. The body is done with that job. Please find a new hobby, off of the scar board.

To the OP, I agree that subcision and fillers would improve your scars. Best of luck.

inspired i assume you think i am Ellamaria since i posted about this as well. Inspired i was just like you thinking this is rubbish enter life with an open mind anything is possible please inspired do sent a question to this man at questions@naturesbotanicalpharmacy,com he will answer any question you have

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:27 am

inspired i assume you think i am Ellamaria since i posted about this as well. Inspired i was just like you thinking this is rubbish enter life with an open mind anything is possible please inspired do sent a question to this man at questions@naturesbotanicalpharmacy,com he will answer any question you have

No Zavvi, I wasn't thinking of you, and didn't know you believed in natural remedies for curing true acne scars. I was thinking of another poster who has the exact same writing style as Ellamaria. I believe diet can do many things, but it can't reverse damage that's already occurred to healed skin. If only we had that ability...

I prefer to rely on treatments that are backed by scientific evidence and the medical community. If curing scars was as simple as changing our diets, none of us would be here.

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:34 am

*inspired* this is the only account i have and i am sorry you think that way maybe one day you will see and btw my name is mariah! i put ellamaria because i don't want to put my real name but i most def don't have a lot of accounts and i don't need to prove anything to you but i wish you weren't so mean lol i don't understand the big deal but we are all here to be supportive of each other even if it means new radical and amazing ideas! i for one don't want to be STUCK in stupid fillers and surgeries and stuff that don't ever work! i am not here to lie and "create accounts" to spread misleading information why would i waste my time? I have one account and that is for me to write what i honestly think. what i post i want to be as authentic and genuine so please stop assuming things you don't know which is very clear that you are doing. who ever wants to get surgeries then let them i for one want to start learning about my amazing body which i know can do anything! and its time humans in general take a stand on that power instead of relying on synthetic useless crap I'm sorry but i don't want a band aid solution i want real results. and this is not a "hobby" for me I'm here bc i truly want to be and want to help people understand that their body is better than all this. i don't want to convince anyone about anything I'm just here to state my opinion and you can too but don't tell me I'm some other person creating accounts because maybe there is someone out there but why should you blame me? I'm not talking about holistic things that don't work trust me I've tried a lot of them already to know. I just know that there are many things that we don't know and our body can do and i intend to do this myself. you don't have too. <3

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:45 am

Very sorry if you think I'm mean. I think it's mean to spread misinformation on a forum for people who are desperate to fix their scars. Acne and acne scar sufferers are some of the most health conscious people I know. Most scar sufferers also spend years researching and try scar remedies. I've been battling my scars for over 10 years and have tried almost everything, except surgery. Like Blahblah already said, it's insulting to read posts like this. I am incredibly frustrated by it, as there is no scientific evidence to back your claims. Back it with science and I will listen.

It is also not helpful to tell someone suffering from scars that he/she needs to simply change their diet and their scars will vanish.

MemberMember
(@ellamaria)

Posted : 03/21/2014 11:59 am

Very sorry if you think I'm mean. I think it's mean to spread misinformation on a forum for people who are desperate to fix their scars. Acne and acne scar sufferers are some of the most health conscious people I know. Most scar sufferers also spend years researching and try scar remedies. I've been battling my scars for over 10 years and have tried almost everything, except surgery. Like Blahblah already said, it's insulting to read posts like this. I am incredibly frustrated by it, as there is no scientific evidence to back your claims. Back it with science and I will listen.

It is also not helpful to tell someone suffering from scars that he/she needs to simply change their diet and their scars will vanish.

I completely understand. I have some scars of my own and i know where you are coming from and i would do anything to get my skin back to being healthy without scars i am currently experiencing my self though some changes in my skin from studying my own body and seeing that the inside of my stomach changes the appearance of my face bc what is inside is reflected on the outside. i haven't done this long enough to get rid of all my scars but so far i feel good about it but you're right until i don't know for sure i won't get anyones hopes up BUT i do believe that we should not close the door on this and rely on surgery only because we might not know it now but someday we should find the cure for scars without surgery bc we have to admit most surgery fails and is band aid at best. true healing even if we haven't seen scar healing would most probably be better if we did it ourselves. but i honor what your saying and i apologize for whatever offends anyone because I'm sure there are people out there misreading info and i don't want to contribute! if i can prove anything in the future i will but i am going to keep trying for now :)

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:10 pm

No Zavvi, I wasn't thinking of you, and didn't know you believed in natural remedies for curing true acne scars. I was thinking of another poster who has the exact same writing style as Ellamaria. I believe diet can do many things, but it can't reverse damage that's already occurred to healed skin. If only we had that ability...

I prefer to rely on treatments that are backed by scientific evidence and the medical community. If curing scars was as simple as changing our diets, none of us would be here.

cool cool well i do believe in them and i have my reasons to not just wishful thinking look at this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/335384-i-have-found-the-cure-for-scars-i-think-please-read/#entry3395704 that email i sent you send a question to it and you will get a response from this man in his video. Let me try and convenience you the allopathic community treatment for cancer involves chemo radiation etc natural methods fruit herbs etc. Know lets talk sucess rate probz 5 percent allopathic way 95 percent natural way.I know what you are thinking inspired but i dont have any cancer how is this going to help my scars. This in man in the video no matter what scars, oestaphrosis nerve regeneration cancer MS you name it this man has cured. Dont take my word for it inspired send whatever message you want to that email and the man will answer your questions be polite though. Think about it this way but no matter what condition people have in society how many of them truely find there remedy using the medical docters?. I started a blog about this and i promise i will post you before and after pics. But please inspired do send an email or anyone else to that email address. I am like you looking for a remedy ulitmately i feel for anything in life you cant judge until you try

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:44 pm

cool cool well i do believe in them and i have my reasons to not just wishful thinking look at this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/335384-i-have-found-the-cure-for-scars-i-think-please-read/#entry3395704 that email i sent you send a question to it and you will get a response from this man in his video. Let me try and convenience you the allopathic community treatment for cancer involves chemo radiation etc natural methods fruit herbs etc. Know lets talk sucess rate probz 5 percent allopathic way 95 percent natural way.I know what you are thinking inspired but i dont have any cancer how is this going to help my scars. This in man in the video no matter what scars, oestaphrosis nerve regeneration cancer MS you name it this man has cured. Dont take my word for it inspired send whatever message you want to that email and the man will answer your questions be polite though. Think about it this way but no matter what condition people have in society how many of them truely find there remedy using the medical docters?. I started a blog about this and i promise i will post you before and after pics. But please inspired do send an email or anyone else to that email address. I am like you looking for a remedy ulitmately i feel for anything in life you cant judge until you try

My response in that 'natural' thread was:

Wow this guy is full of crap. I say this as a med school student...

Yeah eating healthy is good for you, but detoxing and fasting will do nothing for scars. The dude also implied that if the body were less acidic the scars would improve; there is no scientific basis for that or anything he says. His ramblings about "toxins" in the body make zero sense as well. Robert Morsend is a fraud. Go on his website and you'll see that all of this BS is to elicit sales on his products. He's selling a bottle of Cayenne/Garlic pills for $26 for god's sake!

This guy acts like he knows what he's talking about, but in reality nothing he says makes any scientific sense.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 03/21/2014 5:07 pm

My response in that 'natural' thread was:

Wow this guy is full of crap. I say this as a med school student...

Yeah eating healthy is good for you, but detoxing and fasting will do nothing for scars. The dude also implied that if the body were less acidic the scars would improve; there is no scientific basis for that or anything he says. His ramblings about "toxins" in the body make zero sense as well. Robert Morsend is a fraud. Go on his website and you'll see that all of this BS is to elicit sales on his products. He's selling a bottle of Cayenne/Garlic pills for $26 for god's sake!

This guy acts like he knows what he's talking about, but in reality nothing he says makes any scientific sense.

i dont mean any offence and if you truly are a medical docter good luck with curing people with there problems in the future. My dads a doc as well theres not a single disease or anything they can cure just pumping people full of medicine is going to somehow make them better. I am just saying you are in the wrong profession if you want to help people. Like i said i am going to show it works it will take alot of time and effort but i will prove to all you doubters.