Notifications
Clear all

Know Any Salicylic Acid Toners?

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/16/2014 3:58 pm

A long time ago when my acne was lighter I used neutrogena's fight and fade toner and it worked pretty well on my skin. It minimized my breakouts and got rid of marks which I was greatful for because every pimple I get leaves a mark. Even if it never comes to surface.

Eventually I couldn't find it and had to ship it. Shipping anything here is really expensive. Was paying about $50 to ship ONE bottle, and it wasn't worth that much.

So has anyone tried any toners with salicylic acid in it that works for them? It's the only thing I know stops me from getting clogged pores. If you've tried one or know someone who's tried one that has 2% of the active ingredient just leave the name below. I need to go looking for something.

Also, has anyone tried the salicylic acid astringent made by Avon? There are tons of Avon agents where I live and I think it's the product that I'll most likely be able to stick to. Since I can always find somewhere to order it cheaply

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/16/2014 4:27 pm

Paula's choice ones are supposed to be pretty good. To be honest most drugstore ones are awful and relatively ineffective.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:26 pm

Paula's Choice 2% Salicylic acid regular strength or extra strength, it's the same 2% concentration of BHA.

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:16 pm

Can't find Paula's choice. I actually tried to buy it a few years ago but decided to check again anyway. Haven't found any toners since I've been looking.

MemberMember
(@sdpinkas)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:37 pm

Have you tried a glycolic acid toner? Gylcolic acid works in a similar way that salicylic does, in that it works by breaking down substances that bond dead skin cells beneath the top layer of skin. Dead skin cells, which contribute to clogged pores and dull skin, can then be rinsed away. My favorite Glycolic acid toner is the one by Mario Badescu. I find it at Ulta Beauty, and it's under $20!

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 03/20/2014 7:59 pm

Thanks I think I might have to switch up my exfoliation. I'll look for it.