Glucose/carbs/sugar...

Notifications
Clear all

Glucose/carbs/sugar And Acne

MemberMember
(@inthesameboat)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:57 am

Hi,

I was wondering if any adults have seen a connection between reduced acne and a few days/weeks/months of cutting back on your glucose/gluten/carb/sugar consumption?

I feel I've seen a pattern that when I cut back it decreases. Has anyone else noticed this connection? If so how many days of cutting back(I'm not talking atkins here) before you saw a decrease in your acne. I really feel there is a connection between this and my acne outbreaks but I'm not consistent enough with cutting out carbs dramatically enough to be positive. Difficult to make a true connection? Anyone have an feedback ?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 03/17/2014 6:06 am

Hi,

I was wondering if any adults have seen a connection between reduced acne and a few days/weeks/months of cutting back on your glucose/gluten/carb/sugar consumption?

I feel I've seen a pattern that when I cut back it decreases. Has anyone else noticed this connection? If so how many days of cutting back(I'm not talking atkins here) before you saw a decrease in your acne. I really feel there is a connection between this and my acne outbreaks but I'm not consistent enough with cutting out carbs dramatically enough to be positive. Difficult to make a true connection? Anyone have an feedback ?

Thanks

Yes, been doing low carb for over 5 years and do it solely because it dramatically reduces my acne. There are many others that know of this effect, too.

MemberMember
(@inthesameboat)

Posted : 03/17/2014 10:30 pm

I feel there is a connection as well.... about how long did it take for you to see the effects? It's not terrible, good for your health not to spike your glucose, reduces hunger and you eat more natural foods...