Notifications
Clear all

Help! What Do I Have On My Face?

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/16/2014 5:07 am

Hello. I'm 17 years old.

I was battling with mild acne for the past 6 months and managed to get rid of it, including all the PIH I've had.

Two weeks ago, I went on a trip to the desert. I was so afraid that I'd make my PIH darker so I caked my face with a 20 SPF mosturizer that I usually use, then a 50 SPF sunscreen, that has moisturizer in it, several times a day.

After I returned home I found out that my face purged with bumps all over my cheeks. I've never had such bad acne (is it?).

I'm so desperate. I got rid of all of my acne and now this... my confidence has gone down again.

I clean my face day and night with a cleanser, then use reviva 5% glycolic acid cream and then moisturize.

Please help me... I have no idea what I have on my face. It doesn't seem like spots. I don't know if the glycolic acid cream is helpful at all in this case (even though I read online that it should).

I added a picture of my face.

post-383325-0-08180300-1394964366.jpg

post-383325-0-08180300-1394964366.jpg

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/17/2014 5:17 am

Any help? Please?

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 03/17/2014 5:57 am

Hey, it could be blocked pores, have you tried a salicylic acid, sometimes it can take a month or so to see results, also, it might be perioral dermatitis just because it is round your mouth, I think you can get a cream from the doctor as it's different from acne but very treatable. It could just be irritation as well from the glycolic acid, maybe try giving it a break for a few days and see if it calms down any. But on the whole your skin looks great.

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/17/2014 9:57 am

Hey, it could be blocked pores, have you tried a salicylic acid, sometimes it can take a month or so to see results, also, it might be perioral dermatitis just because it is round your mouth, I think you can get a cream from the doctor as it's different from acne but very treatable. It could just be irritation as well from the glycolic acid, maybe try giving it a break for a few days and see if it calms down any. But on the whole your skin looks great.

My cleanser containes salicylic acid. I don't think it's perioral dermatitis, I've looked at pictures and it looks nothing alike.

I'm not sure if the glycolic acid is irriating, because I've been using it for over a month now and all I ever felt was slight stinging.

Last night I slept with honey all over my face, it seemed to help because my skin feels less bumpy and the number of spots lessened. I'll try to keep with this method for a few days.

Thank you for your help!

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/18/2014 12:42 am

I just woke up and saw the honey did nothing my face.

I'm going to cut out the glycolic acid, as I'm seeing the pimples are spreading all over my face. I probably developed an alergic reaction to it.

I'll be using the honey and lemon mask from now on - it has helped me tons in the past. I just don't know what I'll do with the new PIH. This is so frustrating. :(

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/18/2014 2:46 am

Could you please tell me how exactly do you clean your face? Post each step.. Maybe you dont clean your face with a proper way..

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 03/18/2014 5:15 am

Hey, I'm no expert, but I would leave off the honey, it can block your pores too, it's quite thick. I would stick to a simple cleansing routine, gentle cleanser, moisturiser and if you want to use a treatment like salicylic acid then I would use this on top of my moisturiser to stop irritation. I use differin, it is a mild retinoid but my acne was much worse tan yours so this might be a bit strong, but it does a good job of clearing pores. Less is always better in my opinion. And try not to stress too much, things will clear up when you find the right routine.

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/18/2014 5:47 am

On 3/18/2014 at 4:15 PM, gkitten25 said:

Hey, I'm no expert, but I would leave off the honey, it can block your pores too, it's quite thick. I would stick to a simple cleansing routine, gentle cleanser, moisturiser and if you want to use a treatment like salicylic acid then I would use this on top of my moisturiser to stop irritation. I use differin, it is a mild retinoid but my acne was much worse tan yours so this might be a bit strong, but it does a good job of clearing pores. Less is always better in my opinion. And try not to stress too much, things will clear up when you find the right routine.

I have quite an experience with the lemon and honey mask, it has helped me a lot back in the day when my acne started. Plus it's all natural.

I've actually used it a few nights ago and I felt like it dried up all those bumps so it's worth a try again.

This is how I do it: [Removed]

Sleeping with honey on is hell though. The past two nights were uncomfortable.

Thanks for all your help!

On 3/18/2014 at 1:46 PM, HateMost said:

Could you please tell me how exactly do you clean your face? Post each step.. Maybe you dont clean your face with a proper way..

Up until now it was this way (in the morning):

Wet face with warm water, use cleanser, rinse with cold water and pat dry with towel.

Then I'd put the glycolic acid all over my face.

I'd wait a minute like it says on the package and then moisturize.

I'm now doing the same but without the glycolic acid.

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/18/2014 6:30 am

I dont know how much time you let the cleanser foam on ur face.. buy you should let the foam penetrate your skin for atleast 5-6-7 minutes.. if u just make a foam and softly massage ur face and wash it off after 1 minute.. it's totally wrong..and it doesh't work that way.. as i said make a foam with ur cleanser gently massage ur face for 30 sec or so and let it on ur skin for 5-6 minutes.. then rinse it off with as cold water as u can take in order to close your skin pores.. and dont use towel at all.. the fact that u have washed the towel doesh't make it Super clean 100% let the skin dry itself .. that's what i have been doing since i've started take care my skin.. once it's dry then moisturize it..

Also, exofoliate your skin 2-3 a week with sugar and water.. | No need to let the honey all night on ur face.. moisturizer is just great for morning night use since our skin produce more oil during the night.

Lastly dont use glycolic acid before you put the moisturizer on.. in fact dont use it at all

Do all the above and let us know whether is effective or not , and a friendly advice dont come back in 3-4 days and say that doesh't work.. because all the products natural or not take some time to get to see some results..

hope it helps.. sorry for any spelling/structure mistakes , iam not a native speaker : p

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/18/2014 7:04 am

On 3/18/2014 at 5:30 PM, HateMost said:

I dont know how much time you let the cleanser foam on ur face.. buy you should let the foam penetrate your skin for atleast 5-6-7 minutes.. if u just make a foam and softly massage ur face and wash it off after 1 minute.. it's totally wrong..and it doesh't work that way.. as i said make a foam with ur cleanser gently massage ur face for 30 sec or so and let it on ur skin for 5-6 minutes.. then rinse it off with as cold water as u can take in order to close your skin pores.. and dont use towel at all.. the fact that u have washed the towel doesh't make it Super clean 100% let the skin dry itself .. that's what i have been doing since i've started take care my skin.. once it's dry then moisturize it..

Also, exofoliate your skin 2-3 a week with sugar and water.. | No need to let the honey all night on ur face.. moisturizer is just great for morning night use since our skin produce more oil during the night.

Lastly dont use glycolic acid before you put the moisturizer on.. in fact dont use it at all

Do all the above and let us know whether is effective or not , and a friendly advice dont come back in 3-4 days and say that doesh't work.. because all the products natural or not take some time to get to see some results..

hope it helps.. sorry for any spelling/structure mistakes , iam not a native speaker : p

The regimen says to wash the face only for 10 seconds and afterwards dry it with towel, though?

Back in the day I did let the cleanser stay on my face for a few minutes but it just dried my face up.

Before I used the glycolic acid I exfoliated my skin with baking soda. I'm going to do that again.

I really advice using the honey and lemon mask, as it says in this link: [Removed]

I can gurantee to you it's really helpful.

If you do exfoliate with sugar - put honey and extra virgin olive oil with it - it's so much better that way and leaves your skin smooth and moisturized.

MemberMember
(@hatemost)

Posted : 03/18/2014 7:15 am

Dunno dude..I have oily skin as hell and i usually let my cleanser for at least 5 minutes and i haven't encounter any break out problems.. On the contrary my skin has improved a lot since

I dont know how a cleanser could clean thoroughly ur face just in 10 seconds.. that doesh't make any sense.. you should let the cleanser much longer than that.

Exfoliating ur face too much aint that good, it gonna lead you to a break out as it dries out your skin and the skin produce more oils as result.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/18/2014 3:48 pm

maybe the product you are using have clogging pore ingredients , imo 50 spf is alot

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 03/18/2014 4:25 pm

To me it almost looks like an allergy to something.It's a possibility

MemberMember
(@agileollie)

Posted : 03/20/2014 10:17 am

Hey - just a quick update.

The bumps are nearly all almost gone now! I will no longer use glycolic acid, sadly.

Fortunately the very few PIH I have left are bearable.

What I've done to banish the bumps was - mix honey and lemon and put on face for 10 minutes.

Also yesterday I exfoliated with baking soda.

Thank you everyone for your help!