Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin Clogging Pores?

MemberMember
(@braa1101)

Posted : 03/16/2014 1:59 am

I'm on the acne.org regimen right now, and have really dry, flaky skin like many get...Doesn't the flakiness clog my pores? Should I exfoliate? If I exfoliate, wouldn't that just make my skin drier, and possibly more irritated? I just don't want to start using sooo many products on my face and do more bad than good. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/16/2014 2:06 am

When my skin is dry and flaky I use warm baby wash cloth and hold it over my face and once the skin is warmed up I gently remove the dryness, rinse with cold water and immediately use an alcohol free toner and moisturizer - but you would follow regime steps! I'm currently taken accutane!

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:57 pm

I use Dan's AHA with the Regimen. I started it only two weeks in instead of a month because my skin wasn't reacting well. It helped a ton, but I also only use BP at night and use added jojoba oil to moisturize, because you're right, otherwise the skin gets too dry and irritated. You could try adding that and see if it helps?

MemberMember
(@froppe)

Posted : 03/17/2014 4:14 pm

Yes, dry skin can cause acne. It is very important to moisturize, but do not use too much moisturizer. When the skin is dried out, there is a dead cell build up on top of your skin, that may clog pores. BUT, while using BP, it is very important to not moisturize too early after applying the BP. The BP exfoliates the top layer of the skin, and then works it's way down. This takes time, so make sure to moisturize at least 10-20 mins after applying the BP, not too early.

When you use too much moisturizer, the top layer of the skin can't shed of properly. See it as wet paper, wet paper "glues" to the table, while dry paper slides right off. You need to find a good balance between moisture and BP. The skin gets used to the BP in about a month, so give it time.