Notifications
Clear all

Best Vitamins To Take?

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 03/15/2014 2:21 pm

Hello everyone.

So I'm getting really desperate, as it feels like I've tried almost everything. Recently I've read about vitamins and how they can really cure/help some people's acne.

My esthetician has me on micellized Vitamin A... It's in liquid form. I've been taking it for about three weeks, and the first two weeks I was getting NO new pimples! That is the first time that has happened in months. I was thrilled. But last week I broke out like crazy. Not little pimples but really red and painful ones that extended far under the skin, but had heads.

I'm hoping that it isn't the Vitamin A, or maybe it's the vitamin clearing me out.. I don't know.

BUT ANYWAY. I'm thinking of starting to take tablets of Vitamin D3, as I've heard it has cured some people. What other vitamins should I take along with the D3 that would really amp it up? What brand of Vitamin D3 should I get?

Really hoping this works... I'm feeling really hopeless.

Btw I'm deathly allergic to fish, so I can't take the vitamin D3 tablets that have cod oil in them.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/15/2014 2:51 pm

I think a basic multivitamin and a vitamin d3 is always a good choice, it's just a good "insurance" for basic health. Yea some people say that they cured their acne with just little vitamin d3 or something like that, I wouldn't put much faith in that. People just want to find that one magic pill that cures all the problems, there's so many different things that affects acne, it's propably a one in a trillion chance that you cure your acne and all other problems with just one vitamin or supplement.

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 03/15/2014 3:54 pm

I think a basic multivitamin and a vitamin d3 is always a good choice, it's just a good "insurance" for basic health. Yea some people say that they cured their acne with just little vitamin d3 or something like that, I wouldn't put much fate in that. People just want to find that one magic pill that cures all the problems, there's so many different things that affects acne, it's propably a one in a trillion chance that you cure your acne and all other problems with just one vitamin or supplement.

Hmmmm okay. That's true... I guess I'm just so desperate that I'm really hoping it will help tons...

Do you think the Vitamin A is what is breaking me out, or is it just a coincidence? Like is it even possible that Vitamin A could CAUSE more acne?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/15/2014 6:19 pm

Nt a bac multivitamin. One designed to be taken throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 03/15/2014 6:53 pm

Nt a bac multivitamin. One designed to be taken throughout the day.

Okay! Thank you.

Oh also, I have noticed that my face seems extra oily since I started the liquid vitamin A... Is this not a good sign? I read somewhere that if you start breaking out and your face is more oily than usual, it's not purging, but rather the Vitamin A is making your acne worse.