Notifications
Clear all

40Mg Accutane Per Day

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/14/2014 11:57 pm

Hello,

I am new here. I've had mild acne since last year. Never has acne before hence when my skin broke out, it was pretty depressing. Changed dermatology couple of times because acne keeps coming back.

Resorted to accutane. My derm prescribed me nimegen another form of accutane. I am 25 years old and weighs 45kg. Hence for the first month I started with 10mg a day.

I'm at my 4th week and derm increased my dosage to 20mg a week.

First two weeks I had no IB and my skin looked great. 3rd week I started breaking out on my jawline, with more clogged pores.

Just took my 20mg dosage yesterday and got another cyst. But it became smaller the next day. Maybe because derm prescribed me with erythromycin.

My skin is not dry only on my right jawline which is wear most of the breakout is.

Lips are dry though.

Anyone one 20mg a day as me? How's your Ib?

MemberMember
(@march1987)

Posted : 03/15/2014 12:39 pm

today i took my 12th pill(20 mg per day),so far so good, the only problem is dryness, my lips get dry when i wash my face, but with a good moisturizer i keep it at bay. moisturizing is very important while you are on accutane. btw 10 mg is not enough to cure acne, people take it for oily skin or shrink pores.

in my opinion after lunch is the best time to take your pills, don't take accutane with breakfast.headache is likely during the day.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/15/2014 3:15 pm

today i took my 12th pill(20 mg per day),so far so good, the only problem is dryness, my lips get dry when i wash my face, but with a good moisturizer i keep it at bay. moisturizing is very important while you are on accutane. btw 10 mg is not enough to cure acne, people take it for oily skin or shrink pores.in my opinion after lunch is the best time to take your pills, don't take accutane with breakfast.headache is likely during the day.

Hey! Thanks for your reply. Yup, I'm at 20mg this week instead of 10!

So no INitial breakout for you? Thatt's wonderful!

I'm still not dry yet, and more blocked comedones are starting to surface, with heads. I guess that is the only way to go away right?

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/15/2014 7:15 pm

good luck!! <333 and i know how you feel about getting upset after having clear skin...

i went from have the clearest skin of my teenage life this september/october to a skin disaster (worst i've ever had) in only a few months! it was so sudden and i was very depressed..but we will get through this!! :) hope all goes well!!

-Rachel

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:30 pm

good luck!! <333 and i know how you feel about getting upset after having clear skin...

i went from have the clearest skin of my teenage life this september/october to a skin disaster (worst i've ever had) in only a few months! it was so sudden and i was very depressed..but we will get through this!! :) hope all goes well!!

-Rachel

Thank you! Are you done w accutane?

27th day of accutane.

2nd day of 20mg.

Two whiteheads which have been there forever got inflamed. I've just iced them.

Last week was the start of my IB. It has been a week of IB.

Hoping for better days!

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:57 pm

i went from have the clearest skin of my teenage life this september/october to a skin disaster (worst i've ever had) in only a few months! it was so sudden and i was very depressed..but we will get through this!! hope all goes well!!

-Rachel

27th day of accutane.

2nd day of 20mg.

Hoping for better days!

no i'm not even close to being done! its been almost a month now since i've started.. i just started my IB too around last week (3rd week of accutane). everything is still healing and im still breaking out..esp on my left cheek and jawline! hopefully it settles down soon :(

im on 40 mg a day but i will soon be bumped to 50 mg! (im around 52 kg).

Yep keep us posted on your progress!!

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/16/2014 12:59 am

i went from have the clearest skin of my teenage life this september/october to a skin disaster (worst i've ever had) in only a few months! it was so sudden and i was very depressed..but we will get through this!! smile.png hope all goes well!!

-Rachel

27th day of accutane.

2nd day of 20mg.

Hoping for better days!

no i'm not even close to being done! its been almost a month now since i've started.. i just started my IB too around last week (3rd week of accutane). everything is still healing and im still breaking out..esp on my left cheek and jawline! hopefully it settles down soon :(

im on 40 mg a day but i will soon be bumped to 50 mg! (im around 52 kg).

Yep keep us posted on your progress!!

Looks like we are on the same page! My jawline has cleared slightly. But right now I have a huge (not painful) cyst on my right cheekbone. And like 10 mini whiteheads that hasn't ripen yet. Usually when it ripens I can just remove the head coz it becomes hard.

But this few whiteheads has been there forever, my derm said I might have to laser them off(???). Or if I'm lucky they will go away.

I mean I'd rather have whiteheads than cysts right. But the only thing is, it shows under my makeup as bumpy skin

Anyone w same problem?

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/16/2014 1:55 am

I have the small bumps too that look like white heads waiting under the skin. I won't touch them because anytime I have I take skin off trying and they look worse! Yikes! Although my skin had cleared significantly those bumps are persistent. I'm just passed one month on 40 and no initial break out yet, I'm wondering if they will clear with the big breakout when it happens. I plan to have laser resurfacing done once I'm cleared for treatment post meds. On my 3rd month I go up to 50 which is my goal dosage. I'm 115 lbs! Ps. So far, I've discovered Vaseline lip therapy is my best friend :)

MemberMember
(@march1987)

Posted : 03/16/2014 3:41 am

today i took my 12th pill(20 mg per day),so far so good, the only problem is dryness, my lips get dry when i wash my face, but with a good moisturizer i keep it at bay. moisturizing is very important while you are on accutane. btw 10 mg is not enough to cure acne, people take it for oily skin or shrink pores.in my opinion after lunch is the best time to take your pills, don't take accutane with breakfast.headache is likely during the day.

I'm still not dry yet, and more blocked comedones are starting to surface, with heads. I guess that is the only way to go away right?

you should wait 2 weeks to see extreme dryness, initial breakout? himm, 10 or 20 mg per day is too low to cause initial breakout. dryness is the most severe side effect. don't expect miracle, low dose accutane needs patience, it definitely works, but in long term.

wish you the best of luck

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/16/2014 7:45 am

you should wait 2 weeks to see extreme dryness, initial breakout? himm, 10 or 20 mg per day is too low to cause initial breakout. dryness is the most severe side effect. don't expect miracle, low dose accutane needs patience, it definitely works, but in long term.

Hey but I did have break outs here and there, but not that many. So i am not sure. I am starting to want to give up :( just by looking at the state of my skin.

THANK YOU :) But i am not sure, I do not have severe dryness even. So i am not sure what is happening :( all I know is that I am getting sad

That is one of the effects right.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:08 pm

I have the small bumps too that look like white heads waiting under the skin. I won't touch them because anytime I have I take skin off trying and they look worse! Yikes! Although my skin had cleared significantly those bumps are persistent. I'm just passed one month on 40 and no initial break out yet, I'm wondering if they will clear with the big breakout when it happens. I plan to have laser resurfacing done once I'm cleared for treatment post meds. On my 3rd month I go up to 50 which is my goal dosage. I'm 115 lbs! Ps. So far, I've discovered Vaseline lip therapy is my best friend

Hello! yes, I keep clear of trying to touch them. WOW good!! NO IB!!!! Congratulations. I am struggling with IB, but they are all spots that has been hidden since forever.

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/16/2014 9:22 pm

me too!! i have so many under the skin bumps/! pretty sure they are cysts... i can only feel them, can't see them. hopefully they don't surface :(

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/16/2014 10:49 pm

Thanks Lily89! Hang in there, I think initial break out is a good thing, it means things are clearing out, which is great!!! I know it's hard taking such harsh meds and if like me you saw an initial improvement before your breakout it's frustrating! Hang in there!!

Rachelll1995 - mine are visible but not red, You can see them in natural lighting and makeup seems to excentuate them. Guess they are called closed comodones and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will rupture and come out of the dark place they are hiding.. Hehee! But I've read they can be stubborn. You're lucky yours can't be seen ;)

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/16/2014 10:59 pm

Thanks Lily89! Hang in there, I think initial break out is a good thing, it means things are clearing out, which is great!!! I know it's hard taking such harsh meds and if like me you saw an initial improvement before your breakout it's frustrating! Hang in there!!

Rachelll1995 - mine are visible but not red, You can see them in natural lighting and makeup seems to excentuate them. Guess they are called closed comodones and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will rupture and come out of the dark place they are hiding.. Hehee! But I've read they can be stubborn. You're lucky yours can't be seen

Hello! Just asking, what cleanser are you all using? Any additional cream?

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/16/2014 11:31 pm

Hi Lilypad!

I'm using cetaphil gentle face wash, after I use a warm baby wash cloth to remove any dry skin I splash with cold water than use Thayers witch hazel toner with lavender and aloe ( I will never stop using this product! ) and finish with cetaphil daily moisturizer with SPF 15

I do the same thing at night but was 2x bc I need to get the make up off

I also use jane iredale bb cream with SPF 25 and compressed mineral powder with SPF 25

Probably more info, but I'm really happy with these products!

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/16/2014 11:37 pm

Rachelll1995 - mine are visible but not red, You can see them in natural lighting and makeup seems to excentuate them. Guess they are called closed comodones and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will rupture and come out of the dark place they are hiding.. Hehee! But I've read they can be stubborn. You're lucky yours can't be seen

is they like tiny little bumps ?? mine feel pretty big like "O" size and its under the skin!! i think theyre cysts just not surfacing yet :(

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/17/2014 12:32 am

Rachelll1995 - mine are visible but not red, You can see them in natural lighting and makeup seems to excentuate them. Guess they are called closed comodones and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will rupture and come out of the dark place they are hiding.. Hehee! But I've read they can be stubborn. You're lucky yours can't be seen wink.png

is they like tiny little bumps ?? mine feel pretty big like "O" size and its under the skin!! i think theyre cysts just not surfacing yet :(

Yeah, they are probably about the size of that O actually! I have been experiencing cystic acne with a worsening degree as time progressed for about 6 months before I started accurate but had never had it before. They are very deep and sore/ painful. These bumps under the skin started a couple months before I started accutane all over my cheeks & chin area. I'm hoping they all come to the surface and disappear like my black heads did. Are your bumps painful? When I had them I felt like I wanted to pop them because they were so big and painful.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/17/2014 6:48 pm

Rachelll1995 - mine are visible but not red, You can see them in natural lighting and makeup seems to excentuate them. Guess they are called closed comodones and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will rupture and come out of the dark place they are hiding.. Hehee! But I've read they can be stubborn. You're lucky yours can't be seen wink.png

is they like tiny little bumps ?? mine feel pretty big like "O" size and its under the skin!! i think theyre cysts just not surfacing yet

Yeah, they are probably about the size of that O actually! I have been experiencing cystic acne with a worsening degree as time progressed for about 6 months before I started accurate but had never had it before. They are very deep and sore/ painful. These bumps under the skin started a couple months before I started accutane all over my cheeks & chin area. I'm hoping they all come to the surface and disappear like my black heads did. Are your bumps painful? When I had them I felt like I wanted to pop them because they were so big and painful.

Hello my bumps are no longer painful. Except for one under my eye, that hurts!

How's your journey>

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/17/2014 7:15 pm

Hello, I need to figure out how to write a new entry without quoting someone's reply.

Ok! Got it.

Updates on my journey.

30 days of accutane.

5 days since I started 20mg

IB started on the 3rd week.

According to my derm, the small pimples will appear and go away first. Which was what happened in week 1 and 2. Most of my small pimples are on my forehead, right jawline and left lower cheek. What weird places. Guess what? Most them are gone!

I am left with 2 or three whiteheads on my left jaw.

Right jaw acne- GONE. left with the bumps from the acne. - this one was bursting w acne last week.

Lower left cheek - the erupting pimple from last Sunday has subsided, but not flat yet.

Whiteheads underneath my chin has erupted, somehow I am not sure if I have gotten most of the gunk out.

One under my nose - this is my fault, itchy hands burst it.

Forehead - CLEAR.

ONLY ONE MORE ANNOYING CYST UNDER MY RIGHT EYE!!! Which left such a dark pigmentation, still not down but not so painful.

Thankful no new actives today.

How about the rest of you?

Hi Lilypad!

I'm using cetaphil gentle face wash, after I use a warm baby wash cloth to remove any dry skin I splash with cold water than use Thayers witch hazel toner with lavender and aloe ( I will never stop using this product! ) and finish with cetaphil daily moisturizer with SPF 15

I do the same thing at night but was 2x bc I need to get the make up off

I also use jane iredale bb cream with SPF 25 and compressed mineral powder with SPF 25

Probably more info, but I'm really happy with these products!

MemberMember
(@anand00123)

Posted : 03/18/2014 1:03 pm

Hey! good luck on your journey, I see it's starting to get better. Skin will get worse before it gets better and I think you've seen your worst! again good luck it only gets better from here

I will follow along on your progress

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/19/2014 12:44 am

31 days of accutane

6 days of 20 mg

No actives. Thank god.

All pimples dried up except for the cyst under my eye. Which is annoying. But I'm thankful still, no other new pimples. Any tips on how to make the cyst go down? It is slightly dried up, but the bump is still huge.

The rest are healing, dried up.

Hair hasn't been oily for days. Yeah!

Woke up to no oil on my face.

Really think the dry speed is cmg.

Lips are very dry, Vaseline is my best friend.

Feeling positive, maybe it is my eyes but my pores look smaller.

But I noticed those dried whiteheads (no idea how to describe it) on my forehead, which I know won't erupt, easy to flake off though.

31 days of accutane

6 days of 20 mg

No actives. Thank god.

All pimples dried up except for the cyst under my eye. Which is annoying. But I'm thankful still, no other new pimples. Any tips on how to make the cyst go down? It is slightly dried up, but the bump is still huge.

The rest are healing, dried up.

Hair hasn't been oily for days. Yeah!

Woke up to no oil on my face.

Really think the dry speed is cmg.

Lips are very dry, Vaseline is my best friend.

Feeling positive, maybe it is my eyes but my pores look smaller.

But I noticed those dried whiteheads (no idea how to describe it) on my forehead, which I know won't erupt, easy to flake off though.

Hey! good luck on your journey, I see it's starting to get better. Skin will get worse before it gets better and I think you've seen your worst! again good luck it only gets better from here

I will follow along on your progress

MemberMember
(@krisnicky)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:14 pm

Sounds like things are looking positive on your journey! Love reading your updates.

I'm on 37 days 40 mg, go up to 50 mg at 60 days.

My break out seem to come and go. Initially my skin cleared right up and I was just left with closed comodones on my cheeks and scaring around the sides of my mouth. I also noticed between weeks 2-3 my black heads were really noticeable on my nose and I had all these black speckles in places I never had blackheads before but all my black heads fell out & are gone since 4th week. Still closed comodones, some are turning into white heads. And every few days I get sporadic smaller cysts and white heads, they heal, clear, and appear in new places- and wash, rinse, repeat! Would be nice if this was my IB ;)

Skin is getting a bit more dry ( by 3-4 afternoon I'm in need of more face moisturizer) eyes feel a little stingy but not persistent or uncomfortable!

Still Vaseline on my lips like crazy, sometimes if they get a bit dry I get a warm wash cloth & exfoliate and it works like a charm!

If you start getting dry prob stop the sylicilic acid- my derm said I can't use any products with this while on accutane so I keep it gentle.

Will continue to check on you! <3

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/19/2014 10:51 pm

32 days on accutane (started with 10)

7 days on 20 mg

I will be on 20 mg for 2 months.

Left side of face has cleared. Have one dried up bump from last week's IB. One mini whitehead which as harden, but doubt il will come out soon. PLEASE DONT ERUPT.

Other than that, i am happy with my left side,

Right side,

MY JAW HAS BEEN THE CLEAREST FOR THE YEAR!

The painful cyst under my eye has almost come to a head. It was so hard in the morning, then I peeled off the dry skin to reveal an almost head.

I AM SO NOT TOUCHING IT, it seems ..painful again. PLEASE GO AWAY.

I have persistent whiteheads under my chin, that becomes a scab , then whiteheads, then scab.

I have one dried up pimple under my nose, this is my own fault, like I said, itchy hands.

I am just really afraid, once my skin is at this so called almost clear stage, all I can think of is I want to stop accutane so it remains controlled at this stage :(

I do not want another rollercoaster ride of IB, because I have mild acne to begin with.

Alright, was positive yest, but feeling scared today!

Dear acne, please go away.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/21/2014 12:01 am

8 days on 20mg

33 days on accutane

Oh well, shouldn't be too happy about no actives.

Came out 2 on my right jaw which I thought has been the clearest.

Went back to the derm and he gave me shots on the cystic acne. The one under my eye has finally gone down thanks to the shot.

Derm advices me to press on, that the effects of erythromycin will kick in soon.

Tired of all this emotional ride, derm said this looks like it is the worst and told me to just ignore what others say about me.

Seems like I'll be staying on 20mg for two months.

Till then.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/22/2014 12:33 am

I've been on accutane for a month , but my face is still not dry. Anyone have the same problem?

Does this mean accutane is not working on me?

My lips are dry though, my hair too.