Notifications
Clear all

Are These Safe Ingredients

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/14/2014 9:52 pm

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Propylene Glycol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Aloe Arborescens Leave Extract, Niacinamide, Tocopherol, Retinol, Adenine, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxine, Salicylic Acid (0.5%), Triclosan (0.1%), Parfum, Propylparaben (0.1%

for acne is this safe ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/15/2014 5:08 pm

Perfume can be a skin irritant.

MemberMember
(@froppe)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:44 am

It seems to be an overall good product. The 0.5% BHA may be ineffective, due to its low concetration. But together with retinol, it might work for you. The products contains a lot of mineral oils, and when i say a lot, i mean A LOT. Some people find mineral oil good for their skin, since it creates a "protective barrier", much like your own skin creates with sebum. But some people find mineral oil comodogenic (clogs pores), but that's just induvidual.

Summary: It contains very good ingredients (aloe vera, BHA, retinol), but they may be ineffective, bha for example needs about 3.5 pH to work, retinol does not work with jar packaging. Try the product for at least 2 weeks, if your skin gets a little worse, give it some more time. If you see that your skin keeps getting worse the more you use it, stop. If it gets better, keep using :)

This is just my knowledge on the matter, i am not a dermatologist, but i got a lot of experience :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/16/2014 2:28 pm

It seems to be an overall good product. The 0.5% BHA may be ineffective, due to its low concetration. But together with retinol, it might work for you. The products contains a lot of mineral oils, and when i say a lot, i mean A LOT. Some people find mineral oil good for their skin, since it creates a "protective barrier", much like your own skin creates with sebum. But some people find mineral oil comodogenic (clogs pores), but that's just induvidual.

Summary: It contains very good ingredients (aloe vera, BHA, retinol), but they may be ineffective, bha for example needs about 3.5 pH to work, retinol does not work with jar packaging. Try the product for at least 2 weeks, if your skin gets a little worse, give it some more time. If you see that your skin keeps getting worse the more you use it, stop. If it gets better, keep using

This is just my knowledge on the matter, i am not a dermatologist, but i got a lot of experience

where do you see mineral oil in here ? o.o

its a bleaching cream that is also suppose to help acne but im afraid of what i hear about triclosan but at 0.1% i hope its fine

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/17/2014 8:59 am

Mineral oil is nothing to be alarmed about despite the negative hype around it. Paraffin is derived from petroleum and Paraffinum Liquidum is refined mineral oil used in cosmetics and medicine.