Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne Treatments

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 03/14/2014 4:12 pm

So I've been on monodox for 4 months now and it's just not working. It's gotten a little bit better but I still always have at least 3 cysts on my face (it used to be like 6) My derm has been telling me that he has to start easing me off of it and it should've been working by now so he switched me down to a lower dosage even though the cysts hadn't stopped and now I have like 8. They definitely get worse around the time of my period but I still have them at other times of the month. I was reading online that this type of medication (not monodox specifically but the generic name/type of medication) is the only thing that treats cysts. Is this true? If so I am doomed

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 03/14/2014 6:24 pm

Not true at all. All sorts of antibiotics can work. Also hormonal treatments like Dianette or Yasmin and of course the famous Accutane can all be used to treat cystic acne. I had terrible nodular-cystic acne over the summer but I'm now completely clear from using a combination of Lymecycline (another antibiotic), Dianette (a pill) and Epiduo (a topical treatment containing benzoyl peroxide and adapalene). My log's in my signature if you want to have a read. So do not despair! Just because this treatment hasn't worked doesn't mean another won't.