Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil, Second Try

MemberMember
(@jessicakeen20)

Posted : 03/14/2014 1:41 pm

Hey guys! I started the regimen about a week and a half ago, and I have seen a good bit of an improvement already. I thought I was going to get by without getting dry and flakey, but I noticed this morning that my foundation was starting to look a little dry around my nose and chin. I plan to stop wearing makeup as much as soon as I can, but until I feel comfortable without it, I plan to keep wearing it. I tried jojoba oil last year, and it caused me to get about 3 cysts... Now, if I recall correctly, I smothered my face in it because it was soooo dry. I was wondering if maybe I should give it a second go, and just use it more sparingly in my dry areas, or if it is pretty likely that it would make me break out again?

Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/14/2014 1:49 pm

The Regimen recommends that you add jojoba oil to your moisturizer rather than apply it straight on your face so maybe try that.

Then you will know if it is the jojoba oil making you break out or because you didn't dilute it or you put too much on.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/15/2014 4:17 am

jojoba oil gave me millions of whiteheads.

sunflower oil is good if you don't get on with jojoba

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/15/2014 9:30 am

Grape seed oil is another one you could try. It's very light, good for acne-prone sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:03 pm

Mix tea tree oil, Jojoba oil, and Witch hazel together. Miracle solution for me.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:44 pm

Try adding just a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer in your hand before you apply it to your face. Dan prefers 5-6 drops. I only use 2. Find what works well for you and be sure to use the moisturizer very generously for best results.

MemberMember
(@jlopresti10000)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:20 am

I have tried so many products and found little success with any over time.I have had photo therapy, dermabrasion, chemical peels, electrosurgery and for me once i started using natural products like the ones recommended with jojoba, grapes seed etc my skin began to clear up on its own. My Dr likes the combo I found online and she tells me to stay with what works for me. I use Restorz soap .with tea tree, lavender, peppermint and now neem oil. Works like a charm for me and I use it daily and behind it I have found tamanu oil to correct and dryness and diminish scaring. I'll never quit this product it is that good.

MemberMember
(@victoria93)

Posted : 03/31/2014 6:54 pm

Hi :)

I'm on the regimen as well, and I have been using jojoba oil for about 4 months before I started the regimen. I love it. I take my makeup off with it, add it to my moisturiser, or just use it as a moisturiser on its own, so I have nothing bad to say about it.

However, some oils may work for some people, and not work for others. I have been using coconut oil as well, for a very very long time, and it is just amazing for me. But I have heard from some people that it breaks them out and they hate it. Another example, is that I heard many good things about avocado oil and sweet almond oil, but when I tried them, they broke me out and just made my face feel and look... not great.

So, while jojoba oil may work for a lot of people, it might not work for you. But there are many different oils out there which just might.

Having said that, you should definitely give the jojoba oil another try, but in smaller quantities this time. The thing you need to know about jojoba oil, is that just a few drops is enough, as it is very moisturising, and you only need enough to be absorbed by your skin. Just take a few drops, rub them between your palms, and gently pat onto your face, and gently rub into the dry areas such as around your nose, lips, etc. Don't apply extra, you don't want to have an extra layer of oil on your face. It shouldn't look greasy. If in a couple of hours your skin absorbs it completely or feels dry again, you can apply the same amount again.

Good luck :)