Notifications
Clear all

Need A Cleanser

MemberMember
(@adam619313)

Posted : 03/14/2014 9:12 am

Ok so I am pretty much over the worst of my acne now I did have bad cystic acne but the cysts have hugely decreased in size and I am now starting to see signs of improvement in the red marks they left behind.

I do still get the odd pimple though so I was wondering if someone could recommend a good NATURAL cleanser that will help to keep my skin clean without striping it of natural oils or drying it out, and I also want a moisturizer of some kind preferably in gel form or something that isn't going to be greasy I like moisturizers that have a cooling effect on the skin as well maybe something with mint.

Also keep in mind I live in the UK so please don't recommend products that are only available in the US or anywhere outside of europe.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 03/14/2014 9:52 am

Lush ultrabland or any other cleansing balm is your best friend in preventing breakouts and getting a deep clean without stripping your skin at all.

I recommended ultra bland because it's natural and cheap but there are loads of great cleansing balms out there.

Mint, eucalyptus and menthol are damaging to your skin and they all are what provide the cooling effect usually so I would recommend staying away from them.

Avene Cleanance K is really nice and light yet moisturising (it's cream/gel form) and has glycolic, lactic and salicylic acid which will help loads with red marks and acne.

Don't know of any other good moisturisers in gel form as usually they are full of comedogenic ingredients or skin irritants.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 03/14/2014 12:15 pm

Black soap. I will also add that I do like the Proactive Deep Cleansing wash, which does have a refreshing piece to it. I use both. Black soap is great but doesn't hold up well in the shower, so I've started using the Proactive in the shower and black soap at night. You can find the deep cleansing wash fairly cheap on Amazon.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/17/2014 11:14 pm

Black soap. I will also add that I do like the Proactive Deep Cleansing wash, which does have a refreshing piece to it. I use both. Black soap is great but doesn't hold up well in the shower, so I've started using the Proactive in the shower and black soap at night. You can find the deep cleansing wash fairly cheap on Amazon.

I love black soap. I helped me so much when I used Retin-A the first time. When I stopped using Retin-A, I broke out again, maybe because I didn't have black soap anymore

MemberMember
(@goosy)

Posted : 03/20/2014 5:58 am

I have used pure chimp super one to cleanse my skin, highly recommended.

MemberMember
(@koshercaribou)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:06 pm

I like to get a regular hydrafacial to keep my acne in check. It's like 3 or 4 facial treatment combined into one. I go ever month or two to keep my skin fresh.

MemberMember
(@kamiekirk)

Posted : 04/11/2014 5:51 am

I've used several moisturizers, and the only ones I can recommend are St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer or a home remedy such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil from a good brand - some brands of EVOO are actually mixed with vegetable oils as opposed to being 100% EVOO. I tried researching the availability of St. Ives in your area and wasn't able to pinpoint if it was. I really like the St. Ives and everyone I've recommended it to has liked it as well, though they are not acne sufferers like myself. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/12/2014 4:42 pm

You should try Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. It is inexpensive, fragrance-free, doesn't have parabens, doesn't over-dry, and is an overall good face wash. I convinced my friend to buy it, and she loves it! You can buy it at any drugstore, even Wal-Mart. It's better to have a liquid face wash because soap bars are cause drying and irritation to your face.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 04/13/2014 7:26 pm

Yogurt. Wash with it (1/2 a teaspoon) daily and leave it on as a mask once or twice a week for 30 minutes. My teenage son and I use nonfat Greek Fage. Witch Hazel with no alcohol and added aloe for toning and moisture. We use Thayers Alcohol Free Unscented (it has a mild scent of aloe that is pleasant).

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 05/04/2014 10:23 pm

I need to buy a decent cleanser for my spot prone skin, don't really deal with bad acne on my face or neck anymore but have decided to start using a cleanser again as my skin gets lots of oil and I don't think just water is enough, I live in the UK so products I can get over here would be great?.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/08/2014 4:08 pm

I need to buy a decent cleanser for my spot prone skin, don't really deal with bad acne on my face or neck anymore but have decided to start using a cleanser again as my skin gets lots of oil and I don't think just water is enough, I live in the UK so products I can get over here would be great?.

avene soapless gel cleanser is good for oily skin and it really does help control oil as well as clean it off well.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:49 pm

Dr. Bronners Baby Mild Castile Soap. Just 2 drops in your hand lathers real nice with filtered water (hard water does not work well with soap) and it is not too drying. Personal experience.

MemberMember
(@marigoldjuly)

Posted : 05/15/2014 11:54 pm

I use african black soap, pretty good stuff.

MemberMember
(@calidrummer)

Posted : 06/02/2014 3:40 pm

My holy grail. I use it in the morning and at night.

[Removed]