Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:08 pm

My skin recently started clearing up (started using retinoid cream about 4 months ago) and I still get some pimples but it's a lot better. But I have tons of acne scars now. I don't know if they're really considered scars because they're really just dark purpleish spots but they're still super annoying, and I hate having to wear a lot of makeup to cover them when I go out. I know retinoids are supposed to help with these hyper pigmentation spots but I was wondering if there's something else I can do or if I have to just wait it out

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:44 pm

My skin recently started clearing up (started using retinoid cream about 4 months ago) and I still get some pimples but it's a lot better. But I have tons of acne scars now. I don't know if they're really considered scars because they're really just dark purpleish spots but they're still super annoying, and I hate having to wear a lot of makeup to cover them when I go out. I know retinoids are supposed to help with these hyper pigmentation spots but I was wondering if there's something else I can do or if I have to just wait it out

Purplish spots? How dark is your skin?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:57 pm

is it hyperpigmentation or a scar(which is an indent in the skin or pock mark)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:58 pm

work an AHA into the mix at the other end of the day from the retinoid....try Dan's from this site, it will speed things up, it just takes time, and stay out of the sun!

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 03/14/2014 4:02 pm

very very pale. theyre not a true purple color. more pinky purple

is it hyperpigmentation or a scar(which is an indent in the skin or pock mark)

hyper pigmentation

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/14/2014 4:14 pm

very very pale. theyre not a true purple color. more pinky purple

You can sort of speed it up with retinoids, but you're far better off using just sunscreen and waiting.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/17/2014 9:24 pm

High SPF sunscreen EVERY morning. Retinoids might help speed up the process over the long run, but you risk making them look worse in the short run. Better to wait it out with sunscreen.