Notifications
Clear all

Alternatives To Dan's Aha?

MemberMember
(@squids)

Posted : 03/13/2014 5:25 pm

I've been on the regimen for about a year and I've been mostly clear with my day to day acne for about 6 months. Hormonal breakouts are still tricky, but I take what I can get. I want to try to use some AHA to fade some scars and help the hormonal cystic acne I get come to a head, but when I tried out Dan's moisturizer in the beginning and trying out his AHA recently it made my skin crawl with itchiness and turns it bright red and scaly both times, so I think I'm allergic to licochalcone. Does anyone have any AHA product suggestions for super sensitive skin?

Thanks,

Angie

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/13/2014 6:04 pm

I've been on the regimen for about a year and I've been mostly clear with my day to day acne for about 6 months. Hormonal breakouts are still tricky, but I take what I can get. I want to try to use some AHA to fade some scars and help the hormonal cystic acne I get come to a head, but when I tried out Dan's moisturizer in the beginning and trying out his AHA recently it made my skin crawl with itchiness and turns it bright red and scaly both times, so I think I'm allergic to licochalcone. Does anyone have any AHA product suggestions for super sensitive skin?

Thanks,

Angie

Too bad Alpha Hydrox isn't available in Canada.

Off the top of my head, Paula's Choice and Neostrata has glycolic acid available in your country.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:19 pm

I was going to suggest Alpha Hydrox too... can you buy it online?

They have a good 10% AHA lotion and an oil-free gel.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:59 pm

yep, alpha hydrox, it's on amazon, do they ship to Canada?

MemberMember
(@squids)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:47 pm

Alpha Hydrox seems pretty popular but they have a lot of different products. Do you guys use the 10% enhanced lotion? A friend of mine has some Paula's Choice that she's going to give me to see if that works with my uber sensitive skin but Alpha Hydrox seems like the next thing to try.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/13/2014 9:53 pm

I have used the 10% Enhanced Lotion and the 14% pads and I like both, but the pads are quite strong so probably wouldn't recommend using them with BP. My son uses the 10% Oil-Free Gel which is a clear lightweight gel, so it is less moisturizing than the lotion.

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 04/12/2014 5:57 pm

The Clarifying toner by Neostrata is good too. Comes in 8% for the level 1 toner & 10% glycolic acid +2% saliicylic acid for the level 2 toner.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 04/21/2014 5:35 pm

Another option is Silk Naturals AHA Toner. It has 8% lactic acid.