Notifications
Clear all

Help! I Don't Know Why In The World My Face Is Breaking Out?

MemberMember
(@obg)

Posted : 03/13/2014 5:13 pm

My acne is driving me crazy! I don't why it's happening and I just really needs some insight. In my school their is only one other person who skin is as bad as mine and everyone points out my acne even my family.It's really hurtful and it makes me feel insecure. I've had acne since 8th grade and I'm in 11th and it has only gotten worse especially as of late. It not that bad on my forehead and right cheek but it bad on my left cheek and entire chin area. It may be hormonal, I'm 16 and I think I usually breakout a week before my period but this never happened until about 3 months ago.

Can someone please give me insight on what going on?

P.s. If you look at the pic doesnt it seem like a rash, oh yeah before the breakout my face was itching, I've tried the caveman regimen and now the ocm.post-382817-0-47403900-1394748676.jpg- the worst cheek-left

post-382817-0-29029200-1394748690.jpg-forehead

post-382817-0-02854200-1394748701.jpg right cheek-least acne

post-382817-0-53925300-1394748711.jpg- chin pretty bad

I know my acne is not as bad as lot of you on here but i would appreciate your help because this is hurting my self confidence.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:35 pm

You're really young so I wouldn't be surprised if your hormones are all over the place still, and sometimes these changes can happen seemingly out of nowhere. You can look at hormonal treatments like birth control (make sure you get a high estrogen one) or something like spiro - talk to your doctor about it first. Birth control isn't a cure though, just something to keep in mind. You can also consider dietary changes/supplements if you'd like to do something more holistic.

What kind of routine/regimen are you on right now? You mentioned ocm but I'm not sure what that's an acronym for?

When I was in my teens I had acne like that. It was confined to my forehead and upper cheeks but it looked similar. I did eventually grow out of it, but still had residual acne to deal with :(

OBG liked
MemberMember
(@obg)

Posted : 03/14/2014 10:39 am

You're really young so I wouldn't be surprised if your hormones are all over the place still, and sometimes these changes can happen seemingly out of nowhere. You can look at hormonal treatments like birth control (make sure you get a high estrogen one) or something like spiro - talk to your doctor about it first. Birth control isn't a cure though, just something to keep in mind. You can also consider dietary changes/supplements if you'd like to do something more holistic.

What kind of routine/regimen are you on right now? You mentioned ocm but I'm not sure what that's an acronym for?

When I was in my teens I had acne like that. It was confined to my forehead and upper cheeks but it looked similar. I did eventually grow out of it, but still had residual acne to deal with

I want to solve more naturally because I don't want to treat symptoms. O.C.M. stands for oil cleansing method. I have started cutting out dairy but I'm really starting to think the acne is just hormonal like you said. How long did you have acne? When did you grow of it? Thanks for your post!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/15/2014 1:17 pm

When I was in my teens I had acne like that. It was confined to my forehead and upper cheeks but it looked similar. I did eventually grow out of it, but still had residual acne to deal with

I want to solve more naturally because I don't want to treat symptoms. O.C.M. stands for oil cleansing method. I have started cutting out dairy but I'm really starting to think the acne is just hormonal like you said. How long did you have acne? When did you grow of it? Thanks for your post!

I started getting acne when I was 14 on my forehead and that severity lasted up until I was about 19 lol, but I never really treated it. Eventually after that it got less severe, but I still had acne, just a couple of spots at a time, but still obviously a bother lol :(. Once I went on the pill though I cleared up (after like 5 months of it) and now I only get the occasional spot.

OBG liked
MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 03/15/2014 2:13 pm

I am no expert but it looks like comedonal acne to me..I am dealing with it myself right now, I am taking accutane since other treatments seem to not work...

Stress was the cause for my breakout, though I believe age is also saying its word (18 Y.O)..I am currently on accutane since other things are not working for me...and it is already getting better...

I hope you will get rid of it soon,and don't remember,keep your head up, you are not alone! Good luck!

OBG liked
MemberMember
(@obg)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:46 am

I am no expert but it looks like comedonal acne to me..I am dealing with it myself right now, I am taking accutane since other treatments seem to not work...

Stress was the cause for my breakout, though I believe age is also saying its word (18 Y.O)..I am currently on accutane since other things are not working for me...and it is already getting better...

I hope you will get rid of it soon,and don't remember,keep your head up, you are not alone! Good luck!

Since my last post, I've been to the doctor, He said it was most likely hormonal however he does not want to give birth control since I'm so young (16) and mess up my developing system, so...... I started the caveman regimen because he said to say away from harsh chemical common in acne medication like Proatciv. So I guess I'll just wait it out. I think it might be stress too! I have to take something similar to GCSE in my country and I'm taking six. Your suppose to take it in grade 12 but I taking it one year early because I want to get accepted in this college program. So it's a lot of stress! Oh Yeah, Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@meurtree)

Posted : 04/04/2014 1:21 am

Try giving yourself a mini facial that consists of steaming for 10 minutes, exfoliation and a clay mask. Also, use an ACV diluted with water toner every other day. Helped with my skin a lot!

Hope your skin gets better soon. :-)