Notifications
Clear all

Just Got Subcision

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:50 pm

So Ive been working on a rolling scar for about 1year now.I have had 1 restylane injection, used dermroller/pen/stamp for 6months. Used retinol creams, Vitamin C serums, Moisturizing lotions, And today I just had subcision done on the scar. I will use this thread as a log for myself, and hopefully educate people if the treatments I did would benefit them.

Here is my restylane/derm rolling pics. Note the scar is on my upper lip. and tough spot to handle

Now here todays date March 12 2014.

I will continue to post pics through the days/weeks/month. If you have anything to ask me feel free to post in the thread so others can see. I wish I can post more pics now, but only day 1.

day 2

not much swelling, still lots of bruising. i have been using vitamin C serum, aloe vera gel directly from the plant in my backyard, and cerave moistuizer.

-=-=-update-=-=-

day3 pic posted below

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 03/12/2014 1:00 pm

Where was you treated bro ... was it around the lips ?.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/12/2014 1:03 pm

if you look at the first pic, you can see a hole above my lip. its a very deep rolling scar caused by a chemical burn. my dr said it is the meanest scar he has dealt with.

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 03/12/2014 2:05 pm

How do you feel at the moment ? hope it works excellent for you .

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/12/2014 2:19 pm

its great thanks for asking. since i only had one scar worked on, i have VERY minor swelling and VERY minor bruising. this was one thing I was worried about before the operation, but it all went far better than i expected. I can imagine other people who have multiple scars might not be as lucky as me. right now i am already looking forward to a 2nd and 3rd subcision down the road ! !

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/12/2014 2:29 pm

does it still look noticeable with a mustache ?

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/12/2014 3:04 pm

does it still look noticeable with a mustache ?

haha that made me laugh. yes. my mustache hair doesnt get to long, and the scar is to close to my lip. also i look way better shaven, just sayin haha

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/12/2014 4:52 pm

remember to eat healthy and avoid inflammation foods during healing process hope everything goes well

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/12/2014 6:17 pm

good luck! also you might want to try using saline injections! it's cheap and great results..

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 9:29 am

good luck hope everything works out well. just a note the scar didnt look too bad in the before picture either. men look so totally fine with scars i wouldnt even think twice about that one at all.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/13/2014 12:16 pm

good luck hope everything works out well. just a note the scar didnt look too bad in the before picture either. men look so totally fine with scars i wouldnt even think twice about that one at all.

i agree with you if they are line scars but not ice pick or deep indented ones lol

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/13/2014 2:10 pm

i have to agree and disagree. men do look good with scars a lip scar wouldnt be so bad. but the fact that i have a pea sized and shaped scar above my lip it looks awful, even in harsh lighting. i have even been accused of having herpes in public and i was frowned upon by many. it has really hurt myself esteem in the run. most users here dont even have a scar like i have anywhere near their lips. the most important parts of a face when communicating is eyes nose and mouth, if you ruin those your going to have a hard life

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 3:16 pm

maybe its worse in person but the pics you posted make it look not that bad at all. if people are mean to you then you dont need them in your life that is just terrible. i find now with my scarring that people are so much nicer to me. if they were mean we wouldnt be friends thats for sure. for some reason men can have any sort of scar and it looks just fine i dont know why they just do. my hubby has some scarring on his face and just had a basal cell carcinoma removed on the side of his nose and it hasnt changed his appearance at all it looks totally fine. i just wanted to let you know that to an outsider looking at your skin that it wasnt bad at all i wouldnt have noticed it had i not been looking for it in the pics. i would gladly trade your scar for my scarred face that is for sure

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/14/2014 3:52 pm

tracy do u find this scar location attractive? also this is day 3, still lots of bruising. swelling has gone down (to my knowledge). have to go to work today, not to thrilled

post-368859-0-32184500-1394830340.jpg

post-368859-0-32184500-1394830340.jpg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/14/2014 7:20 pm

Yes i do. I think you are very good looking guy. It doesnt look bad at all! Looks like you are healing great and i think you have good skin too. Dont worry i bet nobody you work with will even notice anything. We are our own worst enemies.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/15/2014 1:49 am

thnx tracy. since ive had restylane done a year ago, there is still some left over. im able to move it around in the subcision site, it feels really weird !!! my dr said to play it with and make it heal the way i want it too, so im constantly putting pressure on it to mold my skin the way i want, i really hope this works out !. cant wait for bruising to go down and post some happy pics

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 03/16/2014 12:53 pm

Nothing to be concerned about at all. But good luck to you on your healing!!!!

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/16/2014 5:09 pm

Nothing to be concerned about at all. But good luck to you on your healing!!!!

i have to disagree. not even the person with the worse skin on this forum, has any defects around the lips. also imagine how you feel when you get acne close or around your lips. now imagine if you had one of your nasty scars by your lip.

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 03/16/2014 8:03 pm

My boyfriend has a scar right next to his lip deeper than yours . I have never looked at that scar and thought it was bad. Heck I only notice it when I am closely checking out his skin which is practically flawless. I know this scar upsets you and you think its bad but I guarantee that 99.9% of people would consider it really nothing. Try not to let it get you down. Still happy healing!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/17/2014 12:06 am

My boyfriend has a scar right next to his lip deeper than yours . I have never looked at that scar and thought it was bad. Heck I only notice it when I am closely checking out his skin which is practically flawless. I know this scar upsets you and you think its bad but I guarantee that 99.9% of people would consider it really nothing. Try not to let it get you down. Still happy healing!!!!!!!

if u could pic the scar and send me it i am highly interested in seeing it. i have hardly notcied anyone with scars on their lips except cleft lip people

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 03/17/2014 12:38 am

I doubt I could take a close up pic of him without wondering what the hell I am doing. If I told him I am sure he would think I was a weirdo. I can describe it though. Its a deep vertical scar right above is upper lip that he got from the corner of the car door slamming into his face. It cut him pretty deep and he bleed for awhile and it eventually scarred. Its deeper than yours. But seriously no one would care about it at all. Not even me and I think I am sensitive to scarring on the face because it can remind me of my own:( Your scar is not offensive.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:17 am

ah yes, i had an idea in mind it was a vertical scar. mine is a circular, and made people wonder if it was a disease. i would gladly trade my circle scar for a vertical. i know now mine is def wider than his.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:32 am

Why don't you just excise the scar and have a straight line instead? It would look more like a scar from an accident instead of acne which is what i did. Then when people ask where you got that scar you can just say any crazy story, or better yet tell them that you never say how you got that scar, which makes you mysterious as f**k, women like mysterious men. But of course this only works if you have just that one scar (maybe you could pull off two? idk?) Anyways, if you get a surgeon who can make it just a thin line afterwards you could hit i with a fraxel or even dermaroll it once it has healed nicely to get even more improvement.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:35 am

Why don't you just excise the scar and have a straight line instead? It would look more like a scar from an accident instead of acne which is what i did. Then when people ask where you got that scar you can just say any crazy story, or better yet tell them that you never say how you got that scar, which makes you mysterious as f**k, women like mysterious men. But of course this only works if you have just that one scar (maybe you could pull off two? idk?) Anyways, if you get a surgeon who can make it just a thin line afterwards you could hit i with a fraxel or even dermaroll it once it has healed nicely to get even more improvement.

thats actually my current plan if i dont see any noticeable different in the next month or 2. and yeah i cant even tell people how i got this scar. i thot i had cancer and used wart remover on my face as a form of cryotherpy. PRETTY STUPID . yes very stupid, which is why i hate this scar even MORE!

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/17/2014 1:43 am

Yeah I had what clearly was two box car acne scars on my cheek and had them excised by a professional plastic surgeon, he made them look a lot better and more like accident scars which is easier to live with and i'm sure you would agree too. Just make sure you find the right person to do the job. Remember, good work aint cheap and cheap work aint good. It's a long process that is going to take many years to get the final results to where I want them but I really have no other choice, I want them gone more than just about anything else right now, good luck to you.