Notifications
Clear all

Considering Acid Treatment For Red Marks. Need Advice!

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:25 am

I have now only red marks left after my acne. A little scarring but it doesnt matter for me because its the red marks that are most visible. It's not like red "cirlcle dot" marks. It's like more a big area/surface in my cheeks, jawline and temple. Because it's so many red dots its more linked now and its like a big red surface. My red marks dot are not seperated.. Hope u understand what i mean.

However I did try Vbeam but my doc is so incompetent and i didnt see any improvements(quite expensive for 0 improvement). And because it will be difficult to avoid the sun when the summer is coming, i consider to stop using Vbeam.

I consider letting the time fade my marks(it sucks!) and maybe use acid peeling. Im quite new to this acid treatment. There are so many? Aha Bha etc etc. Can someone give me some advice? Like i said its mostly red marks i want to treat. Its not a small dot. Almost my whole face are covered with red marks. I cant find any salon where i can make this so im considering to use it at home. What is the most common for red marks treatment?

This time i will be patient, giving it 3 month or so.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:46 pm

even if you do chemical peels you will have to stay out of the sun but i would recommend tca or gylcolic acid peels for the red marks. i only recommend getting them done at a dermatologists office or a high end medical spa. i also recommend ipl because its easy and you dont have the downtime like you do with peels. the peeling process just sucks all the way around and unless you have at least 5-7 days to avoid going out then i wouldnt even bother doing it. nothing worse than having to go to work with skin peeling off your face.

you could try using an AHA/BHA nightly on your face for now and see how that goes but you have to use a good sunscreen daily if you are going to be outside. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/12/2014 3:50 pm

So what's a good sun screen that is SPF 50+ that won't clog my pores, I've been looking around and can't seem to find one that would be recommended.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:07 am

i use olay regenerist regenerating lotion with spf50. it never clogs my pores and i can use it year round with no issues.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:25 am

tracy521 do you do IPLs or PDLs for your red marks? I've always read that PDL is the gold standard, but my doctor only has IPL.....you find that it works well for you?

even if you do chemical peels you will have to stay out of the sun but i would recommend tca or gylcolic acid peels for the red marks. i only recommend getting them done at a dermatologists office or a high end medical spa. i also recommend ipl because its easy and you dont have the downtime like you do with peels. the peeling process just sucks all the way around and unless you have at least 5-7 days to avoid going out then i wouldnt even bother doing it. nothing worse than having to go to work with skin peeling off your face.

you could try using an AHA/BHA nightly on your face for now and see how that goes but you have to use a good sunscreen daily if you are going to be outside. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 9:23 am

yeah ipl is the only thing i do for my red marks. been getting them done for years and years now. lol cant remember when i started maybe around 2006 or so. the only way it really works though is with many passes on each spot i find that if they only do 1-2 on each spot then it takes so much longer to get results. i never tried pdl and was never recommended that but the one place i went to did mention v-beam to me but i like ipl because the downtime is hardly anything that i can still go out and do stuff while healing. i have done glycolic acid peels as well as tca and a few other kinds for red marks and they work ok but nothing like the ipl. i also hate peeling its so annoying and takes forever.