Notifications
Clear all

How To Cover Serious Hyperpigmentation And Rolling Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@amazev42)

Posted : 03/11/2014 6:43 pm

My horrible skin is taking over my life!!! I have tried everything but nothing helps treat or cover these awful scars. I have even tried the Dermablend foundation (very expensive) but it doesn't help. Yesterday I bought MAC's Studio Finish Concealer in NC20 (kind of expensive as well) but it doesn't seem to do much either. I thought both were designed to cover tattoos, but apparently they can't cover my imperfections. I used to have cystic acne, but now it's mostly scars and a few pimples here and there. I'm thinking of trying Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation, and also trying to apply my concealer with a precision brush.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/12/2014 6:50 am

okay first of all, horrible?? first thing you do is check out the scar gallery, see what others have to deal with and let's not use the word horrible

you have extremely mild hyperpigmentation on your cheek that you should be treating with a mild AHA....as to concealers, I like the exuviance line, I found them to cover well, and I'm talking RED....hard to see the rolling scars, but I know those don't show up well in photos....if money isn't an option go to an experienced derm (not a laser shop) and have a series of fraxels...if money is an issue go to the owndoc.com forum and read up there about derma rolling

and do some things for stress and please try to keep things in perspective, your problems are mild, I know they are still problems but on this site 95% of us would trade with you in a heartbeat....so work on the stress and don't let a mild problem take over your head

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:42 pm

i dont think it looks bad at all. i use dermablend smooth indulgence concealer it covers really well and way better than the foundation. i hated their foundation. also recently i bought their intense powder camo and it covers everything really well too but most times i just use the concealer as the foundation. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 03/12/2014 1:51 pm

thats not bad. your skin is great !

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/12/2014 10:09 pm

BB cream